• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with Espranor and Methadone please

gramfin

Greenlighter
Ok guys hi as this is my first post!

I have came down from 120ml methadone to 20ml in a year,I feel reasonably good, i am being switched over to espranor and had to collect my script today. I took my last 20ml methadone at 7am this morning. I have been told over the phone to take nothing all of sunday and to take 2 x 8mg wafers on Monday morning, I do know about precipitated WDs as took temgesic a long long time ago, but do i really need to wait that long? and is 16mg not quite a lot switching from 20mg of methadone? should i also take 2 in the morning or spread them out over the day? 48 hours seems a lot but i dont want the dreaded PWds

any advice would be much appreciated

oh and im in scotland if that matters :cool:

Ok guys hi as this is my first post!

I have came down from 120ml methadone to 20ml in a year,I feel reasonably good, i am being switched over to espranor and had to collect my script today. I took my last 20ml methadone at 7am this morning. I have been told over the phone to take nothing all of sunday and to take 2 x 8mg wafers on Monday morning, I do know about precipitated WDs as took temgesic a long long time ago, but do i really need to wait that long? and is 16mg not quite a lot switching from 20mg of methadone? should i also take 2 in the morning or spread them out over the day? 48 hours seems a lot but i dont want the dreaded PWds

any advice would be much appreciated

oh and im in scotland if that matters :cool:

They do it all the time and are the professionals so they should know what they are doing. I would definitely wait that long when switching from methadone. I once took suboxone 3 days after a similar methadone dose and had a few hours of very uncomfortable induction. 16mg seems a bit high for that methadone dose but I'm sure somebody will show up and do the conversion math for you. I don't know if your getting any closer to the goal line if you're going to be on 16mg of suboxone though, If being opioid free is the goal.

Last edited:
yeah i think your prolly right, i aint got long to go as its 4pm and i am gonna have to wait till 7am so if i get my head down i should be okay, apparently they bring the mg down over 8 weeks so we shall see but thanks for your reply man.

i hung on until 9am so took 8mg and i think i am starting to feel better, sometimes your not sure and you think am i just imagining this! but i do feel better.