• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc help with dexamethasone

chris46

Greenlighter
hi everyone I'm hoping someone can help someone i know has a vial of dexamethasone sodium phosphate injection USP (120 mg per 30ml (4 mg/ML) is this something that can get high off of or what effects will it give me ? i do currently take 4mg diludid 4-6 times a day. any info help will be very helpful i apreciate your time thanks

also it says 4MG/ML so how many units would that be on a BD u-100 unit insulin syringe

Last edited:
It's a cortico-steroid I believe. No recreational value (euphoria is often listed as a side effect of cortico steroids but still, if they were worth anything they would be commonly be abused)

how many units would be needed to get a euphoria effect i have th BD U-100 syringes ?

ok thanks for your input. I'm going in for surgery soon iv read somewhere that dexamethasone can help with opiate withdrawal so i want to cut back on the amount of diliidid i take per day as much as possible so the pills help with the pain afterwards. will dexamethasone help with the withdrawals ?

No. This is like taking prednisone. All you're gonna do is suppress your immune system and feel like shit. Go smoke some banana peels or huff glue or something, those will all be better options.

I think you are confusing this with DEXTROMETHORPHAN, a *completely* different drug.

^^^ive been stuck in that mellow yellow habit for years.

For real though OP, this is garbage for recreation, as in, no potential.

thanks all for info . i got some dexamethasone but I thought it was opiates. An at best, steroid mood messer is not what i wanted. I will not bother testing it. @ontario tells it .. what's in a name ?

Dexamethasone is a drug in the class of corticosteroids hormones that is given to reduce inflammation. It does not have any pain-relieving qualities. Take corticosteroids and abruptly stopping leaves your at risk for an adrenal crisis (hormone crisis) from the sudden reduction in hormones. This is a serious reaction and can lead to death. Dexamethasone does not have any qualities that can get you high. Additionally, like someone mentioned it can reduce your immune system and you don't want this before a big surgery. Hope you are well!

I heard/read that corticosteroids would enhance your stamina much like traditional bodybuilding steroids. I'm curious (not intending to try it myself tho as I don't want to suppress my immune system) whether this is true?

I heard/read that corticosteroids would enhance your stamina much like traditional bodybuilding steroids. I'm curious (not intending to try it myself tho as I don't want to suppress my immune system) whether this is true?

Yes they do. I was given dexmethasone as part of my medicine regimen for chemo. It was the brief periods of time after the injection where I could actually do stuff. It wasn’t in any way a feel good energy, more like too much cortisol type feeling. But when you’re that down and sick, it’s better than nothing.

So while they do increase stamina, the side effects aren’t worth it.

-GC