• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Help want to quit injecting crack

Informant

Bluelighter
Hi I am new here I am 33yrs old and was addicted to just about everything except meth. I was real bad with fentanyl, heroin, Coke, crack and pills now I am screwing up I am on methadone and oxycodone for pm and addiction. I was clean for almost a year got a job and was doing great but now I feel like I am in big trouble. I started to shoot crack not thinking I would get stuck again. Any advice tips or tricks would really help I know it's going to ruin my life but I don't know what to do. Plus I am seriously mangling my arms up. I need to stop please any advice or help will really be appreciated. I want to stop and need to but I don't know what to do I am scared about getting a bad habit again cause I know just how bad it gets I was a low emotional and physical rock bottom.

Geez man, I don't know what to say really, how does one stop compulsively shooting crack or doing any substance? You sound like an experienced addict so you probably know what your triggers are, but your prescribed oxy and methadone so your not cold copping dope and having to wade through the crack dealers to get it so mate, you've just gotta stop. Just keep reminding yourself how bad your life was before when you went down this road previously. Sounds like you want that rush for sure which of course you don't get with ur scripted pills. Are you prescribed Methadone for ur pain or are you going to a clinic to drink ur 'done due to Heroin addiction?

i can understand your pain man I'm also struggling with crack lately. I don't have to tell you this but it is a completely different animal than opiates, crack is a horrible horrible miserable, self loathing drug like none other. I think the best way to stop is to get some time away from it which is easier said than done...

I think you should ask for medical help, no offense. It's safer to have doctors and meds around if you going to quit using crack. Go to your local addiction center, if there's no such a thing then to a psychiatry .

Get well soon. :)

How do u stop shooting crack? You shut your phone off, you take some long showers, eat good, have some good sex, and last but not least stop shooting fucking crack.

Yeah I know I just got to stop its the cravings that are horrible. I got to do it myself and I know no one can stop me but it is easier said than done. I am on my rx from PM no liquid and clinic BS.

There has to be someone on here that has been through this or a similar situation and got through it I can take extra done, oxy and xanax. Crack is the devil it's more of the needle addiction knowing right when I get that flash I am getting a huge rush but funny thing is I don't want to bang my oxy or dope which I can easily get but don't want for that matter. Most of all I am finally working at a pretty good job and I don't want to lose it all cause I have lost everything to many times in my life it's the worst picking up the shattered peices.

There has to be someone on here that has been through this or a similar situation and got through it I can take extra done, oxy and xanax. Crack is the devil it's more of the needle addiction knowing right when I get that flash I am getting a huge rush but funny thing is I don't want to bang my oxy or dope which I can easily get but don't want for that matter. Most of all I am finally working at a pretty good job and I don't want to lose it all cause I have lost everything to many times in my life it's the worst picking up the shattered peices.

might sound dumb but if its the needle yer hooked on then inject pure saline. similar to how a cigarette smoker chews a toothpick.

It's more of the rush with the needle I crave when I was younger and real strung out I used to shoot anything and tried that all it did was make me go out. Out of everything I was ever hooked on crack brought me to my knees twice as fast as dope I used to smoke it for around a year and boy did I screw everything up. Scared don't want to go back down that road again I know people say think about the consequences but it all goes out the window when I get cravings. I was thinking that I should increase the methadone and Xanax to help the cravings what are your thoughts any input will help me out.

check into a detox center, then a rehab center. if you don't have the means, then get arrested for a class A misdemeanor. at the hearing tell the judge you're an addict, and ask for alternative sentencing. might not work, but jail beats IV crack psychosis any day. Whether in a court ordered treatment facility or jail, you'll have no access to boulevard diamonds.

thanks! making the dumbest statement ever will be my legacy. that said, i was in santa rita for eight months. that period of my life was better than when i was locking myself in the bedroom because i could hear my neighbors talking about me... they were on the roof spying on me and whistling (coincidentally always just after plunging) in order to harass me.
but to each their own. so do you have any helpful suggestions?