• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help us identify these mushies please (VIC)

Ziegler

Bluelighter
Hey all...

Just came back from a mushie expedition and we've picked up a few "suspicious/potential" Psilocybin mushrooms. Were not entirely sure if they are 100% magic so we would appreciate if you's could give us a mushroom eye for the dumb eye ?

Here is the link to the pictures...
http://home.bigblue.net.au/aziegler/mushies/

basically the conclusion we have is that Groups 1,2,3 are Psilocybin but as i said we arent sure at all.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p group one are stropheria.. pretty toxic... p.subs stain a tinge blue when u pick em.. and the caps rnt as red as those.. throw em away.. i just looked at the rest and none of them look like magic mushies.. u need to find psilocybe subaregenousa. they sometimes grow next to stropheria so go back and have a look.. Sorry.. you need to read over this thread again.. all of it.. there is heaps of good info.. woah and group 3 look pretty disgusting.. u know once u find p.subs they look beautiful :)

Last edited:
I recommend taking a look at the Australia/NZ Mushroom ID guide in the Mushroom vault of erowid.org, and also shroomery.org, as they have ID forums. Also theres a really good book on psychedelic mushrooms ID called Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World: An Identification Guide".
Its a really good book.

I just went through the above book quickly, and can't ID your mushrooms without time (and I have to leave right now...), but I myself would not eat them. They look a bit like gold tops / cubensis or subs, but are not. It could be a poisenous look-a-like. Then again VIC has different mushrooms to us, but from the gills and stem, it just doesn't look like a Psilocybe mushroom. Try a spore print (see shroomery.org) and post it in their ID forum.

Where did you find them, as in what habitat. In shit, on wood, in grass, front yard, in ya bathroom? :p

I wouldn't touch them personally.

As said in the other thread. This is not a good way to identify mushoorms. Kinda scarey.

But I'll tell you what I think anyways...
OH GOD!!!!! THROW THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!

do not eat any of these

these are all STROPHERIA AURANTICIA..... a very, very simular look alike to subs.

THey growth paterns are pretty much identical... so they will look the same in terms of shape, sometimes identical.

The main obvious difference is the reddish tinge in the stropharias... the subs are more copper/gold. The stems also often have tinges of orange/red on them and aren't quite as white. Also strophies don't bruise blue.

See group 3, pic 1- it looks like one at the top is bruising blue... this is what i was talking about in a previous post... some of the old stropharies look like they are bruising... but it is not what you are after.

They also both grow in simular environments, being woodlovers and all, so yeh you can have a look around the same area.

peace

I think online shroom ID's is a very dangerous idea. You don't know what your looking for so don't go looking.

Throw them away and count yourself lucky.

I *really* don't think it's a good idea to rely on mushroom IDs online.

If you're not 100% sure you know what you're picking, then you would be extremely stupid to eat them in the hope that they make you trip. Have a think for a moment what you're risking, and just how BIG you have made that risk by reducing your entire harm reduction strategy to an online ID in an attempt to score a free trip.

BigTrancer

I'm 99.9% sure none of those are active, see a few possibles but it's hard to tell without better pics.

Throw them out.

99.9%? Cmon man you not going to get respected mycology status with that kind of uncertainty......... p.s go do your homework ;)

lol

Re: do not eat any of these

Originally posted by Dj ScAtTeRfAcE
these are all STROPHERIA AURANTICIA..... a very, very simular look alike to subs.

They don't look like any stropharia aurantiaca i've ever seen. The ones i've seen look like this.

interesting......... they do look a little different. Definatly part of the same stropharia family still :D

also a note, they are still quite wet/moist.

Just thought i'd let ya's know...

Throw them out dude. Moisture has nothing to do with these mushrooms.
Unless you've got a spare kidney and enjoy being sick/dying? Go for it... But yeah. Throw them AWAY!

mmmm they are possibly stropharia aurantiaca - similar in shape to some sub's and orange streaks... note that a mushroom species can vary quite alot macroscopically... p. sub's are great examples of this - huge variations in cap size, shape and colour.

either way, 100% not active.

Ah well...thanks for that peepz. We used a book "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World" as our reference but we must've overlooked a few points :\

Back to the drawing board...thanks again