• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Help! Urgent oxycodone dosage advise in a case of 12month abstinence

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
Hi,

I haven't been here for a while due the personal reasons and I am sorry to be here asking for advise as the first thing when I came back ?

Got really bad pain due injury today and for some real reasons I can't state here now I absolutely cannot go to hospital at the moment until the shitstorm hve calmed as it would danger my safety and freedom but a friend who works as paramedic has checked my injuries and given first aid and as well consulted a doctor of local university hospital who works in ER and is our mutual friend and there isn't anything life threatening at the moment and I have received a checklist of symptoms for when to go immediately to ER.

Also no change to prognosis in delaying the needed treatment for few days and I am a safe place at the moment but I cannot contact neither of those friends at the moment as I am unable to use sms, call or use normal instant message services without compromising my safety if I contact them as they both are linked to the situation in which I received my injuries and pretty likely both being under surveillance at the moment or possibly detained.

My problem is that I got instructions to take 20mg Oxycontin twice a day and a maximum of 10mg Oxynorm for breakthrough pain every 6 hours if needed but now I have taken 20mg Oxycontin 8 hours ago along with 10mg Oxynorm and 10mg Oxynorm 2 hours ago but even while just resting in a comfortable position the pain is quite bad (6/10 to 7/10) still but atleast not intolerable (9/10) as it was at first and I don't notice any signs of opioid effects except a bit dilated pupils (and some analgesia of course) and no nausea either.

Sadly those Oxynorms and Oxycontins I have had expirary date in 2016 bt that shouldn't be an issue since they have been stored properly and I haven't heard oxycodone to disintegrate that soon after expirary date so that cannot be a problem here. I can get more (and non-expired) oxycodone tomorrow morning which is still 8 hours from now and the person bringing them is reliable and mentally sturdy enough to not get any psychological trauma from being in this kind of shady situation.

Been taking 1000mg of apap and 600mg ibuprofen too with 8 hour intervals.

Last time I have used any opioids was over a year ago but then I tapered down from 120mg of oxycodone with naloxone preparation a day and prior that I had been on 12mg Suboxone a day for over a year and before that I abused oxycodone daily for roughly 5 years and had 240mg twice a day habit before tapering down and going to suboxone ORT.

So my question is could anyone guestimate how much oxycodone I could safely take at the moment to dull the pain and which timeframe and increments would be the safest way to do it as I still seem to have some (permanent) tolerance to opioids ??

I also have syringes, needles and micron filters to make IV dose out of the Oxycontins which are the old OC formula that we still have available here in my location and sadly know how to IV as within the last six months I have started to inject other drugs than opioids although I had no IV use prior that not even during the time I abused oxycodone ?

I haven't used any drugs at all (used heckton of various stims daily for six months and had 10mg a day flualprazolam habit for few months but stopped after rapid tapering with diclazepam three weeks ago) for two weeks prior my injury.

I have thought about taking 10mg of oxycodone IV at first and see if it helps and then after 10 minutes I start to take 10mg Oxynorm every 15 minutes until I get decent pain relief (4/10 pain scale would be enough for me) or until I reach 60mg total IV and oral and to not take the next 20mg Oxycontin I was advised to take.

If that doesn't work I have considered to IV 5mg once every 8 to 10minutes until I reach the needed analgesic effect and then start to redose according the amount I had to take until I am comfortable with the pain.

Does this seems safe, somewhat safe or a deathwish?

Would you people recommend other dosages or timeframes?

Is it safe to take 1mg alprazolam to calm the nerves before starting to IV myself?

I can get a somewhat reliable person with IV skills to be here and I have few Suboxones (buprenorphine with naloxone) available which according to anesthesiologist can be essentially used to reverse opioid OD from full antagonist in a same way as naloxone itself if the doses and timeframes would be dangerous according to you guys but I wouldn't prefer to invite anyone here as it would also compromise my safety as well as the safety of her and possibly cause legal troubles for her as well as some psychological trauma for being in a situation like that.

Other option is that I have roughly 8 grams of 2F-DCK (difluorodeschloroketamine) which is essentially ketamine but with different half-time and potency and I have some peripheral venous catethers as well as lines and parts to set infusion here which I know how to use on others but never tried to stick them to myself and I wonder if I can even do it alone if I try.

So it would be possible to set up 2F-DCK infusion as I have sterile saline water in a bags in which I can add the drug after making a solution and that drip controller too but the tricky part is that I don't know how much I should dose it and in which rate as I have only used it in doses leading into K-Hole and that wouldn't be safe atleast while being alone.

Also I have pregabalin and I have thought about using it to potentiate the analgesic effect of opioids but am worried about respiratory depression risk increasing at the same time.

Damn it sucks to be me at the moment.

Any comments and other advices and encouragement from this lovely community would be great!

TL;DR

Is it safe to take for serious pain:

10mg of oxycodone IV for pain and wait 10 minutes and to start taking 10mg of Oxynorm every 15 minutes until I reach desired analgesic effect or until a total dose of 60mg oxycodone.

Then to administer 5mg oxycodone IV every 10 minutes until I reach desired analgesic effect.

Prior consumption of oxycodone is 20mg Oxycontin 8 hours ago and 10mg Oxynorm 8 hours ago as well as 10mg Oxynorm 2 hours ago.

If absolutely needed I can get a person to watch me over asap and administer opioid reversal agent in a case of overdose but don't want to do that until really absolutely needed because reasons I cannot state here.

Suggestions for other dosages and timeframes?

Also cannot get to hospital for treatment until things have cooled for those same reasons or I would risk myself into bigger danger than possible opioid OD would.

Or should I attempt 2F-DCK (pretty much same as ketamine) infusion on own instead and at what rate I would do it?

Also wish me luck if you want.

Well hi ya Mr Root,

Sorry to hear you're under some rough circumstances atm.

First off there's no real gain from IV'ing Oxycodone when it's oral BA is in the high 70 % range and up. I actually prefer oral Oxy for pain and when I've IV'd it my tolerance would skyrocket much quicker.

Seeing as you have prior oxy experience and have used various opioids for some time + the "Perma-tolerance" you mentioned, I think it would be okay to up the dose in a slow and controlled fashion if you're going above a 7 on the pain scale.
A total of 60mg spread out over the better part of the day doesn't seem overly reckless if you were doing 480mg a day at one point. I would keep the NSAIDs up with it too. The Oxy should be fine after a few years proper storage also.

With variability between people it's not safe to give out specific recommended amounts that are considered okay for everyone though. You kinda have to gauge your prior experience and how you are feeling at the current dosages. Pupils will get constricted as levels rise vs dilated though.

You also want to be careful not to mask any serious injuries with Too much oxy/ DCK. It's a little troubling not knowing the extent of your injuries and how long you have to go before treatment can be sought.

I don't have extensive experience with RC ketamine analogues so I'm going to move this to OD for more replies. An infusion setup sounds like trouble though as it can continue to deliver Ket after you hole.
IM would seem better if it's sterile and clean or you at least have .22uM micron filters. Of course a second person would def help with the overall safety of the situation with increasing dosages and DCK infusion rigs, and for observation for the wounds aside from OD concerns.

BDD--->OD

Ok, MrRoot. The shining beacon of hope in your post is that you hopefully have been able to get somebody there with you. As long as you can safely manage the situation, I think that would make enormous strides in the effort to reduce harm at this time. I'm I'm trying to kind of assimilate your head space to tackle all of your other ideas, but it's obvious to me that so much of your immediate situation is still only known to yourself, and at the same time, crucial in being able to ethically engage in discussing most of the decisions you laid out.

All in all, I didn't get the sense your post was authored by a hopeless individual. Nothing you proposed struck me as critically flawed. The biggest details keeping me from wanting to entertain giving you advice is that so many details like your height, weight, medical history, current physiological predicament are all up in the air, and going off the preface to your queries, the situation COULD EASILY be exacerbated unnecessarily if you carry out the behaviors you described.

I just got done doing some time, man, and believe me, I've been in your shoes before. Keep your head up, man. Another personal bias I have is against opioids and the abuse associated. I wish you well and may peace be upon you.

I'll mull this over here wiwh the materials I have on oxy and if I get any valuable insights go surface I'll be straight back to you with jt.

I would say 20mg oxy is high for someone with zero tolerance. I would start with ten and add 5 mg as needed over a few hours.

But to get high 20mg with no tolerance is nt dangerous