• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help Support Erowid

masheadatronic said:
How much do you and Earth pay yourself, Fire?

I just noticed this question now. Sorry I didn't
reply earlier.

Last year it was about $33,000 for each of us.
That's for approximately 65 hours of work/wk
each...coming to about $10/hr. And, for what
it's worth, we live in California, not a cheap place
to live.

Fire

I joined and all I got in six months was one out of date erowid extracts , which is fine but you know !
I shall still renew though as it a valuable resource.
And I reckon priceless at times !

Thanks to Earth and fire for creating it as well

Be proud, Zophen. You've helped to keep us alive :)

^Were you dying like Xorkoth , I never even noticed.

I'v been meaning to donate for awhile myself...turned 18 this year, so i'm on my way!

It's the least I can do for keeping me alive, and guiding me away from a certain trip to the ER lol =)

It's a good time to donate - if you donate $125 or more you can get a really cool looking glass molecule. They have a range to chose from - LSD, MDMA, serotonin, DMT... When it arrives in the mail I'll try to post to let you know how wonderfully cool it turns out to be!

Ive been eaning to donate for some time

Erowid provide a valuble source of not only infomation but infomation presented in an unbiasd manner which allows a person to truly make there own desicions
I have sent countless people to that site when ever someone shows an intrest in drugs I send them there telling them thats its probly the most reliable source we have.

Well, I got my donation gift in the mail yesterday - a hand-made glass model of the serotonin molecule. It's beautiful. I would strongly recommend (if you have the means) that people donate to get one of these. They are a beautiful object.

I've donated (lengthy and non-trivial to write) experience reports twice to Erowid, & not only did they NOT appear on the site but I never even received a "thanks" or word of acknowledgment. If that's the way they behave with text submissions, I wouldn't send 'em a red cent if there was a gun to my head.

^^^You and thousands of other people. There is a massive back log of reports waiting to get processed through, and a finite number of people (volunteers) to do the processing. I'm sure your reports will make it up eventually.

I think it's unrealistic of you to expect a thankyou card in return. The erowid staff have enough work as it is, and it's not as though they are lacking for new trip reports.

If you want to see your reports go through faster, consider becoming a triager. There's a relevant link some where in the trip reports forum here on bluelight.

^^ What Hewhomustnotbenamed said. If you'd like to actually help, why don't you go to the Trip Reports forum and read my sticky thread at the top. It explains how you can volunteer to read rate Erowid reports, which can help speed things along.

Erowid has nowhere near enough people to keep up with the massive numbers of submissions they get. There are well over 10,000 unread reports because of this. So don't take it personally that yours were not published. The hope is that someday, all of them will be.

And to expect a thank you card for your submission is pretty unrealistic given that they can't even get to reading them all. And trust me, we try...

:\

I think that in the Christmas spirit I'm going to send $40 erowid's way. I've been meaning to donate for ages, because as far as I'm concerned, erowid is the best resource on the internet.

Im moving now but morninggloryseed and I have been meaning to donate for some time, give us 2 weeks and you wont be dissappointed. BTW Fire, I would love to contribute to your meditation etc section of the site, hit me up with an email letting me know if you would like some volunteer work for the site or what your requirments for content etc.

Hope to see you and earth this summer.

Much Love

Winding Vines and Morninggloryseed

[email protected]

Now is the time to donate to Erowid! This year they have an amazing incentive program - hand-made glass molecules such as this one of MDMA:

glass_molecule_mdma_lg.jpg

They're running out fast, get yours now!

http://www.erowid.org/donations/incentives_special1.php

If I didn't already become a member of MAPS I would donate to Erowid, but MAPS gives money to Erowid some I guess I'm covered. I would like to get one of those glass molecules though.

I've been giving to Erowid for some time now and take great pride in supporting them. I wear my shirt with pride, although I do worry about meeting up with a coworker in Walmart on a Saturday afternoon, and having them notice it. So sad ...

I received a Pcilocin molecule just before Christmas and it is beautiful, and waiting to become part of a piece of art.

Now I'm waiting for Erowid to become a registered non-profit. I have $500.00 ready to go on that day. Nothing makes me glow more than knowing that the government will have to cough up about $200.00 of that to Erowid on my behalf via tax deduction.

Keep up the good work Erowid. You are worth every penny I've donated and much more.

I wish I could donate more money, but I make up for it with info and report submissions.
You cant expect all your reports to go up immediatly. Give it some time, If they are good, they will get posted. Mine do.

Money will be added soon also;)