• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Help: super quick Lyrica withdrawal?

Olsson

Greenlighter
Hello

I am currently maintaining a tramadol habit, but its recreational so my doses vary from 150-600+ mg daily.
I recently got my hands on some gabanpentin powder (10g), and over the course of 5-8 days (I don't remember) I downed those g's. (mostly through the nose)
However, I then got over some acetylfentanyl, so I tried that one morning and it was nice. At 5pm I got home from work and like a hammer to the face I started feeling nauseous, but it wasn't from the fen, because I had been doing threshold doses thrice during the day since id been working, more or less only to get through work. It got worse and I was starting to sweat, so I lay down and my thoughts strayed strangely, then from the halfwake-halfsleep state opiates sometimes give, I had really weird thought-dreams... scary even. False awakenings and stuff. Then I realized it probably was the gabapentin (by now it had been some 30-32h since last gab-intake and 24 since tram). I got on the web and read about how extremely horrible the WDs are for it. By now I was having sweats, trembling, opiate-wd "chills", nausea and it felt as if I was walking in something of a minor mist, and this was like 30m after I'd had first alert. I figured i'd do 50mg gabanpentin to see if that's what it was, and not the tram, and 5 min later I was feeling better. 15 min later, good.
Now I have done some serious opiate withdrawals, but that didn't feel like one, so it wasn't the tramadol. But that bad a w/d from 10g over 5-8days, albeit with some rather excessive dosing. I have no experience in the gabapentin department so I thought I'd ask you guys here.
Do you know why this happened?

Just FYI:

Lyrica = Pregabalin
Neurontin = Gabapentin

^Yes of course. Neurontin and Lyrica can cause very bad withdrawls. This varies from person to person though depending on dose and duration of the intake.

Your not gonna get withdrawal from 10g of gabapentin. You'd have to take high doses for a long time to feel bad withdrawal from it. 50mg is nothing I'm prescribed 3g a day and I've never felt withdrawal from it. I bet your feeling actual opioid withdrawl if you haven't taken tramadol or acetyl-fentanyl in 24hrs. You're probably even more physically dependant to opioids now that you started doing fentanyl. When I was addicted to heroin I'd need it every 8 hours to feel normal.