• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help run out of benzodiazepines will amytriptyline for a couple of days

We need some more info, like how long have you been taking the benzo (which one?) for and at what doses?
But no, amitriptyline won't help you much and it might even decrease your seizure threshold

To be blunt, no, Amitryptyline will not substitute effectively for a Benzodiazepine. Alcohol is likely to reduce some of the more severe effects of withdrawal, but it's not typically "enough" to fully combat the negative symptoms of Benzo withdrawal.

get your hands on sedating herbs, valerian, kava root powder, sleepy time tea. These do help take the edge off.

Provide better details so we know what we are working with please.

How long have you been using benzos?

I say that out of fear you’re going to exacerbate the withdrawals and potentially cause you to have grand mal seizures.

Go to the ER.

Hi thanks everyone only just noticed the responses , same situation again I have a prescription for 3x5mg diazepam for 10 + years by usual gp I have to have a medical ( not drug test ) so have reduced the dose also have not put in for them now one 1 per day , but as I say mot put in for repeat , I have blue prodes In box comprides but not really noticing them working ? Proper square box blue tabs but some seem to be fading a bit in blister pack ?
I’ve found a supplier but hard to tell if real , thanks everyone , couldn’t log in think it’s was to do with server issue seems ok now x

I’ve also got / getting some ‘white’ 10 mg kerns thinking they might be the esctitzlopram ones and don’t know much about , unsure how to check out prodes blue .. I’ve had a look at some posts and they look genuine ? But I’m having trouble navigating the site as I’m new ish to posting usually just read sorry everyone x

I used small doses of amitriptyline for co-ocuring benzo and opioid wd and it made me more calm and less depressed ( 12,5-25mg once or twice per day.

I don't care what anybody says... No antidepressants are gonna make the WDs easier, in fact it could make it harder! That goes for antipsychotics as well. Opioids may help a little but ur just trading one addiction for another. The safest and most comfortable way to quit benzos is a slow and gradual taper plan on a long acting benzo like Diazepam. Ironic isn't it? The only substance that can get u off the substance ur taking is the actual substance it's self lol.

get your hands on sedating herbs, valerian, kava root powder, sleepy time tea. These do help take the edge off.

Provide better details so we know what we are working with please.

I second this

KAVA for sure. I ran out for about 6 days and just got a couple ounces of kava and had 5-8 grams at night. Super sedation for a quasi legal plant powder

Amytriptyline and alcohol 2 glasses of wine
Agreed. 10 mgs Amitriptyline, a couple of hefty gin tonics makes me reduce my 2 mgs Clonazepam to .5 mgs and feel much better, sleep much better. Then the tolerance to Clonazepam quickly reduces and after 3-4 days, taking the 2mgs Clonazepam again alone feels like the first days I was taking it.