• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Help: Replacing Clonzapam if possible.

luckys1evin

Bluelighter
Help: Benzo questions.Replacing Clonzapam if possible.

Well as I said before I take 6Mg Klonopin a day. For the last 4 years or better. Last year they just quit on me, like a car battery. I can take 10mg and then only then do I get ANY of the feelings (And btw I dont want the stumbling slurring forgetful dose) I just want my Anxiety to dissipate like it did b4 so.. Million dollar question.

I have to talk to my Dr of course but any substances that anyone could throw out there for me to check out/research out (RC or Prec nuthin illegal) Id really appreciate it. I feel like Ive been looking for a needle, shit u know the rest. lol

Thank you.

Does anyone know any of these RC Chems 1st hand??

Last edited:
Any other brand of benzo I would think.
Someone who knows what's stronger and more about the chemistry may have better advice, to me klonopin has always seemed like the milder of the benzos which is why doses seem to be higher and doctors prefer it.
I took Xanax years ago and never had a dose higher than 0.5 but my current doctor has given me as much as 4 mgs of klonopin, currently prescribed 3.

Benzodiazepines produce cross tolerance no matter what you take. Good luck, if you do some searching on this site you'll find something you're looking for

I think you should look for better anxiety controlling techniques over using benzos. Cannabis with low dose thc to cbd (something like thc:cbd 1:2 ratio). There still better choices though over medications.

They should be used only for like stress twitches or serious physical manifestations of anxiety like tension that can trigger acute issues with one's chronic pain.

I'm in the same position as in benzos do nothing for me anymore except to stop me withdrawing :(. I abused them too long and now I think it's wrecked my tolerance forever. And it doesn't matter which benzo, the cross tolerance they produce means it makes no difference for me anyway.

I DO have anxiety and even though I abused them because that's what I do, I did and still do need something for legit anxiety. I was skeptical at first when I presented to the hospital one day with a major panic attack, but the dr have me a beta blocker, propanalol and it did wonders for the panic attack and works for milder anxiety too in a pure physiological way. Yes it annoys me that there is no high of course but they do work. I haven't been on them for awhile but benzos won't ever cut it again so I'm thinking of seeing if I can go back on it. Just a suggestion that did work for me

Sadly there is probably nothing, especially after 4 years. All benzos create cross tolerance, and no, Clonzepam is by no means a weak medication like someone above mention. Isn't it equal to Xanax at 1:1 ratio? One website claims Clonzepam is 2x the strength of Xanax mg per mg, but I dunno if that's correct.
Most people take 0.5mg or 1mg tablets one or twice daily.

I'm in the same boat as you. I take 16-18mg of Clonzepam to sleep and have been on it for almost 8 years. ?

I'm in the same position as in benzos do nothing for me anymore except to stop me withdrawing :(. I abused them too long and now I think it's wrecked my tolerance forever. And it doesn't matter which benzo, the cross tolerance they produce means it makes no difference for me anyway.

I DO have anxiety and even though I abused them because that's what I do, I did and still do need something for legit anxiety. I was skeptical at first when I presented to the hospital one day with a major panic attack, but the dr have me a beta blocker, propanalol and it did wonders for the panic attack and works for milder anxiety too in a pure physiological way. Yes it annoys me that there is no high of course but they do work. I haven't been on them for awhile but benzos won't ever cut it again so I'm thinking of seeing if I can go back on it. Just a suggestion that did work for me
Ok then you need to taper with a long acting one like Valium, talk to your doc about that, as for RC's those can take a turn for the worst- if you abuse them you can just order more instead of wait until next month to get proper scrip filled

Ok then you need to taper with a long acting one like Valium, talk to your doc about that, as for RC's those can take a turn for the worst- if you abuse them you can just order more instead of wait until next month to get proper scrip filled

Thanks, yeah I've been on an extremely long taper, down from around 500mg Valium (or equivalent or Xanax / lorazepam) and now down to 20mg but I've been there for some time and not really wanting to go any lower.

I did a 2 week impatient one a few years back and it sucked, wasn't long enough (also detoxing from opiates) ended up bedridden for so long afterwards so I ended up back on.)

I was just saying I can relate to benzos not having any effect. I have ruined it for myself and it would be nice to be able to use them properly.

Last edited:

Thanks, yeah I've been on an extremely long taper, down from around 500mg Valium (or equivalent or Xanax / lorazepam) and now down to 20mg but I've been there for some time and not really wanting to go any lower.

I was just saying I can relate to benzos not having any effect. I have ruined it for myself and it would be nice to be able to use them properly.
Me as well, I need 70mg of Valium just to 'feel it' hence why I don't screw around with them anymore

I did a 2 week impatient one a few years back and it sucked, wasn't long enough (also detoxing from opiates) ended up bedridden for so long afterwards so I ended up back on.)

No, I don't either, I am on weekly pickup with my suboxone and I can't get anymore from anywhere at the moment. I did manage to get some Xanax a couple of times a couple of years ago simply for fun and felt mild effects after a stack but I've ruined it forever.
Yeah I hear it can take years to heal those receptors. Alcohol does a number on the whole brain making it technically more toxic. Steer clear of drinking is my advice take it or leave it.

Ecxcluding stronger RC like clam or flubrazalom(both of which I highly suggest you don't consider an option) then I think its time to taper down, or you could try another benzo like valium or xanax...there is some incomplete cross tolerance to benzos depending on which subunits it prefers, I'd try valium if anything.

meclonazepam, but with your tolerance it would be expensive since it's weaker than clonazepam and not that cheap

clonazolam, but that will be even harder to taper off eventually

too bad nobody makes n-methyl clonazepam or 3-oh clonazepam or 3-oh n-methyl clonazepam

Phenibut and Lyrica help alot without the blackouts and idiocy that benzos can cause, however cross-tolerance does occur from benzos.

Any luck, OP?

I'm on 20mg clonzepam daily, prescribed, and I take 20mg all at one time, per day. I have for 2 months taken 24-26mg ALL AT ONCE, per night, before bed. My doctor just called in extra amounts.

I know if I run out I will die. I hear clonzepam is one of the worst to taper off, and 20mg Klonopin prescription!?! That's unheard of.

Any luck, OP?

I'm on 20mg clonzepam daily, prescribed, and I take 20mg all at one time, per day. I have for 2 months taken 24-26mg ALL AT ONCE, per night, before bed. My doctor just called in extra amounts.

I know if I run out I will die. I hear clonzepam is one of the worst to taper off, and 20mg Klonopin prescription!?! That's unheard of.

Benzos SUCK to come off, full stop :(. Only way is very slow, but I don't think I'll ever be off them again. They no longer work but I'm too scared not to take them.

I had a similar dosage prescription to yours at one stage (but was also taking others) ... They were only allowed to prescribe this amount because they found out how much I had been taking and couldn't just let me die.

It's a horrible thing, I wish you luck.

Have you tried gabapentinoids like pregabalin or gabapentin? I know Prozac can also be helpful for some people, although I've never taken it myself.

I feel like I recommend this everyday, but kava is a non-addictive. Using Noble kava root powder might not help you enough by itself, but it could help you lower your dose or help potentiate your Clonazepam without increasing your tolerance at all.