• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help please, VERY sick.

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
It had been about 2-3 months since I last used heroin before yesterday. Yesterday I went a little overboard with it however and used it a lot. As in I did more than 10 shots last night. Today, the next morning, and I am sick as a dog. Throwing up constantly, and it just doesn't stop even after the contents of my stomach are emptied. In seriously miserable and I can't go home because I'd send up puking into my motorcycle helmet the whole time. What's going on, any ideas? Ideas to stop it?

Could be a opioid hangover ?
Make sure to drink enough, hydration is the key. If you can't stop throwing up go to the hospital to get IV fluids. Dehydration can kill you.
Things that could help :
Zofran
Maybe a low dose Dimenhydrinate preferably as Suppository
Metoclopramid etc.
Edit: Ginger (tea or sweets) could help

Last edited:
Could be a opioid hangover ?
Make sure to drink enough, hydration is the key. If you can't stop throwing up go to the hospital to get IV fluids. Dehydration can kill you.
Things that could help :
Zofran
Maybe a low dose Dimenhydrinate preferably as Suppository
Metoclopramid etc.
Edit: Ginger (tea or sweets) could help
Wait, opioid hangover is real a thing?

Are you sure you didn't just pick up a stomach bug from somewhere? I've never had this happen to me. The only thing I can describe as an opioid hangover is doing so much in one night I slept for 2 days afterwards.

If you literally cannot stop throwing up you could go to the hospital. They'll probably give you IV phenorgan which is really nice.

maybe something it was cut w/?? some kind of cotton fever type something?? I've never heard of this happening.
and yeah if you go to the hospital they'll probably give you something -- dimenhydrinate suppository, zofran, or promethazine, SOMETHING to help you. no need to mention WHY you're vomiting uncontrollably.

Thank you everyone who helped. I'm not sure what was going on, but between my break from heroin and my excessive use last night I think it was just an awful, awful opioid hangover, which I didn't even know was a thing.

I eventually stopped throwing up after a few hours, but in the beginning I was throwing up constantly. I don't know, but thank god it passed. Makes me want to rethink ever using so much again.

I had a bout of gastroenteritis 3 years ago that was so severe that it put me in the hospital. I just kept puking, and puking and puking every 30 minutes from 5pm to 3am in the morning. It just wouldn't cease. It totally freaked me out and led to a huge hospital bill.

Ever since then, I make sure to have Zofran around and a bottle Pedialyte (which the band Pantera used to drink before bed as a hangover cure!). I was told by a pharmacist that if you're in a state like this, it is very important to just sip water or some electrolyte drink like Pedialyte. You must sip to stay hydrated. People make the mistake of just gulping down water. All that does is just make you want to puke more. You can keep it down if you sip.

I used to always keep zofran handy for that kinda thing, but ever since I was kicked out of my house I no longer know anyone prescribed zofran and have no more.