• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help please! Think I screwed up first CWE with para/dihydrocodeine

gelled

Greenlighter
Let me start this by saying I'm aware that I should have done a lot more research before jumping into my first CWE. It was a stupid move on my part.
Yesterday from pure boredom I decided to try out a CWE with 8 x paramol (7.45dihydrocodeine/500paracetamol) I briefly read some instructions from this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/272847-COLD-WATER-EXTRACTION-made-simple(r) but didn't go much further than that with my research

I proceeded to add the pills to a glass with some water from the tap and after they had dissolved I filtered twice with 2 coffee filters. There was some gunk in the first filter and none in the second. The solution was a little cloudy but apparently that is expected with paramol due to the casing. I drank it. It tasted like shit. I got a slight buzz from it but nothing great or remotely worth it.
Later that night I went out with a friend and had 2 glasses of wine.
I've also been taking Night Nurse (a cold/flu syrup that helps you sleep) for the past few nights and took a dose last night without thinking much of it. The box says that 1 dose contains 1000mg paracetamol/20mg promethazine hydrochloride/15mg dextromethorphan hydrobromide

I slept for over 10 hours and woke up feeling pretty exhausted and sweaty with a really dry mouth but I figured it was the night nurse and wine combo. As the day went on I started to feel really, really tired. No other symptoms really - just heavy headed, foggy brained and like I'd taken an extra dose of sleeping meds.

I'm pretty small (115lbs/52kg) so although this wasn't a huge dose, I'm worried the effects may be greater for me? Or maybe (hopefully) I'm just overreacting? I suffer from pretty severe anxiety and have now read some scary stuff online regarding paracetamol overdoses and that symptoms often don't show themselves until later.

The idea of going to A&E is terrifying. Especially as I'm so tired right now I just want to go to sleep. But after reading so much on liver damage and fatal paracetamol overdoses (and having no idea if the CWE worked at all) I'm thinking maybe I should?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!! Thank you!

The maximum dose of APAP I think is 4g/day (although not at once), and if you'd just eaten the pills straight away that's what you would have consumed. So that's encouraging. I imagine the combo of alcohol+APAP (whatever did get through) might have been an issue. I imagine, for someone who isn't tolerant to opioids, combining codeine with alcohol, promethazine and dextromethorphan, even if at low dosages, might lead to some unpleasant side effects.

It's unlikely you overdoses on APAP IMO, but whatever you do you should avoid APAP and alcohol for right now. Anything that would tax your systems actually. So please take it easy and pay attention to how you feel. If you do get worse, which again I think is unlikely if you abstain from consuming any APAP or alcohol, in that case you should seek out a medical professional.

Thanks for replying. I'll definitely follow your advice. I think I'll be avoiding paracetamol in all forms from now on anyway. I had no idea it was so easy to poison yourself from the stuff until I started reading about it today.
I've also taken some milk thistle that I already had in the house - apparently that's good for the liver. I figure it couldn't hurt anyway..!

You just described promethazine sleeping ten hours and feeling foggy

And dihydrocodeine giving a slight buzz.

Your not crazy you really can buy drugs with insane side effects every bit as dangerous as the most restricted ones.

Promethazine blocks dopamine making you tired and exhausted histamine be making you sleep and blocks acetylcholine causing painful dry mouth amnesia stupor and pounding heart.

If you have anxiety while im no doctor who seems to think promethazine are great for anxiety and agitation because they stop getting complaints prob because the patients stupified id feel anxious too if. Just took some random thing for sleep and felt
Dry
Mad
Exhausted
And
At a loss for words
With a lack of memory

Check out anticholinergic syndrome

I swear the paramols are impossible to do a cold water extraction now unless your not in the uk the things are harder than stones

With all this being said though.. I think you SHOULD go to a hospital because death from apap is 100% lethal if you wait until symptoms start not only that its one of the most agonising deaths possible probably

Assuming they didn't take more the danger should be passed by now. I tend to agree with the other poster above that this is ikely a result of the other stuff like promethazine in combo.