• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Help please, I'm lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiaraex

Greenlighter
So, I got home from prison January 19th of this year, and a couple days after I was out I started getting cravings for heroin. I didn't know what else to do, I couldnt lose my family and I am currently on parole and I DEFINATELY don't want to go back there 8) SO, I started using suboxone, and I am currently too. I take about 1.5mg a day and tried to stop twice. The first day was okay, the second I just couldn't take it anymore. I have a short span, so all these long tapers aren't going to work for me. When I asked for Suboxone at my outpatient clinic my counselor told me that I could get the vivitrol shot, which I don't want. I know this works for me, but on my first drug eval I failed for Suboxone so they think I have a problem. Personally I think its the counselor im working with.. Cause with the amount im taking its really not enough to get high, just enough to get the cravings away cause im absolutely petrified to go back to heroin OR prison. I don't know what to do to help me with the withdrawals.. I wanted to do a taper. But I don't have enough time for that. I really wanted to be on the sub program, I'm wondering if I should switch outpatients. Regardless now im to the point to where if I don't take it, ill be in withdrawal and relapse. I just am so stuck, and so stressed. I've never done anything like this.. I'm hoping for some words of advice.

This is a tough situation bro, you have my empathy. It sounds like you need suboxone in your life to stay clean, I would consider a different clinic that'll work with your needs. If you get a sub doctor to prescribe you, what would your outpatient say?

- Hopeless..

You might consider going to a detox where they can give you comfort meds to get off the subs and then get into a residential or inpatient rehab program. It takes a serious commitment to get clean and you really need to be going to AA/NA every day.

i'd have to go through outpatient to get them prescribed from where I live, its so hard to find a doctor outside an outpatient facitlity. The ones I do find its like 200$ upfront. I just don't have that. And if i switch to a different outpatient and my urine screen is positive for Suboxone im afraid they wont prescribe it. I've been clean from heroin for 15 months, but my cravings get so bad and the only alternative for me is Suboxone.. legally.. I've been getting it off the streets. I don't think an outpatient Suboxone doctor will prescribe them to me if I was dirty for them in my drug eval.

Last edited:
Call the other outpatient places and ask. Just don't give your name, and ask what they would do for someone who is taking suboxone illegally but wants to get on it legally. I am pretty sure it's a common scenario. Lots of people take them off the street and then want to get on maintenance. It's no different than having a heroin or oxy habit

I'm surprised your cravings are that bad coming out of prison. When I did time after the first year I didn't even think about it, my brain was in another place. And when I got out I was just such a different person than when I went in that cravings were the last thing on my mind

Remember this though--cravings are just quick 3 second thoughts. If you don't feed it then it passes in the blink of an eye. Cravings only have as much power as you give them. Of course if you let your brain feed on it and think about good feelings and stuff like that then the craving gets stronger. Instead either change the subject in your brain by consciously thinking of something else, or force yourself to remember the shitty consequences--like withdrawal, jail, losing your family, etc.

Last edited:
This is probably the worst route, but use heroin to clean yourself of subs then go to a sub program as they don't care about heroin for getting on and prefer it.... It's fucked up I know

This is probably the worst route, but use heroin to clean yourself of subs then go to a sub program as they don't care about heroin for getting on and prefer it.... It's fucked up I know

Terrible advice taco. Couldnt have said it any worse myself. Disappointed in u bro

Best thing for you at this p0oint OP is honesty. You may need to bite the bullet and just quit outright to avoid going back to prison. I heard a poster say inpatient rehab...this may be right for you because you can learn the skills you need in order to cope with your cravings. Can you afford enough suboxone to do a rapid taper? If so there are quite a few threads about rapid taper of bupe.

Terrible advice taco. Couldnt have said it any worse myself. Disappointed in u bro
I did say it was the worst route. The only reason I said it is so they aren't disappointed hearing it from a drug dependancy facility as sadly some staff will recommend using to have dirty urine to get into a matinance/rehab program. I never suggested it as the only or even as good option, but just one that they will likely hear sooner or later.

I don't think any outpatients are going to put me on Suboxone if im taking it illegally. Even if I get an 8mg and only use 1mg of it. Just enough to get rid of my cravings. I've heard of the rapid taper, but I am only using about 1.5 mg total a day and i'm not exactly sure how it works. I still feel sick if I try to just stop, and they're physical symptoms not mental. I don't know what to do, really. I'm so stressed out about all of this.

Get some kratom, I replaced subs with kratom and I actually feel a lot better for it. Plus, that won't show up on your UA.

I don't think any outpatients are going to put me on Suboxone if im taking it illegally. Even if I get an 8mg and only use 1mg of it. Just enough to get rid of my cravings. I've heard of the rapid taper, but I am only using about 1.5 mg total a day and i'm not exactly sure how it works. I still feel sick if I try to just stop, and they're physical symptoms not mental. I don't know what to do, really. I'm so stressed out about all of this.

I don't see why they wouldn't. It's an opioid.
Or you can just tell them you recently switched to subs and you want to stay on them. I agree with PP, call and ask around.

Status
Not open for further replies.