• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help please! I shot up heroin ans my arm is now purple, numb, and swollen.

rainieleighla

Greenlighter
Basically I hit in a vein that had been working for me all day, my veins are shit so its nice to find one that works. Anyway, as I was pushing in my shot dark purple started forming around the injection area and then turned into splotches all around the area on my forearm. When I realized what was happening I quickly untied and then the purple area started swelling and turning kind of white. I don't think its an artery because my whole arm isn't swollen and it didn't really hurt pushing in. And I wasn't missing either. I don't know what happened. My arm is still numb and swollen and its been like a half hour or more. Please help. I can't find anything online.

Is it the same shit you've been shooting all day?
I have shitty veins too and use the same spot everytime. Maybe it's is an allergic reaction?

I'm not sure... Its the same stuff I always have. Hasn't changed. That's the weird thing, like I did nothing different. I don't feel anything and my arm is still numb.

The back of my forearm, few inches away from my elbow. Are there a lot of nerves in that area?

It sounds like you may have pushed through the vein and it leaked a little, which results in a histamine reaction(purple and white raised blotches), and the numbness could be caused by histamine intolerance. Look up the symptoms and see if it fits...

Maybe? I have no idea. I just don't get why I have this big purple blotchy spot where I hit. Like it's huge. Idk how to attach photos from my phone on here I wish I could show you

That kinda makes sense I'll look it up. The last few times I hit I had little white bumps around the vein but nothin like this. Maybe it just finally leaked out majorly. Idk.

Try taking a benadryl or applying benadryl cream, my guess is that it will resolve...if it doesn't, then I would be concerned.

Thank you guys �� I feel less freaked out. Still mad I wasted my bed time shot and now can not sleep but at least I know my arm isn't gonna fall off and it's probably fine.

sounds more like the dreaded artery shot, histamine reactions were never even close to purple for me

The last time I read a question like this, the guy unfortunately ended up losing his arm.
If it's not better yet , go to hospital.

I was worried about the hospital and my parents finding out . If ur 18+ go to the fucking hospital they deal with abbesses from heroin 10x a day it's nothing for them , drive through incision and draining you'll be fine they injected lytocain and cut it drained it gave me clonodine and zofran to quit opiates and sent me home took 1 hour from when I entered and left but I do live in a small city . I kept delaying it and pretending it was a spider bite to my parents and if I kept waiting , well I'd be typing one handed right now