Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help - Pills aren't working for me anymore

fzccu

Bluelighter
I used to roll every weekend for around four months. Recently I had a break of around 1.5 months and only got back into it last weekend. On saturday, in the space of around seven hours I dropped six pills, overall with hardly any effect. My friends were peaking off their nut from 1 1/2. On Sunday night I tried again. This time I snorted two pills and they did not have an effect at all. Instead I felt tired and wanted to go home. It wasnt the quality of the pills, as my mate was feeling loved up and happy off one. I was under the impression that a break would mean i'd be able to get back into it okay.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do from here? Any help would be really appreciated as the weekend turned out to be a major disappointment. Would it have anything to do with seratonin depletion or something similar?

Thanks

a break longer than 1.5 months is required if youve been canning it every weekend for 4 months.

This is your brain saying "hey - give me a fucking break already."

Id take at least 3 months off. minimum.

and respect drugs and your body.

6 pills and no effect? take a break before you nuke your brain beyond repair. There are other (less harmful) ways of going out and having fun.

I'd like to relate to the experience I had... I dropped every weekend for about 8 months in 2003, and pills were doing their job, it was all good.
Then, i dropped off to maybe once every month, and then once every few months, etc. I stopped altogether for 6 months and was only taking them on special occasions which were few and far between.

Since i stopped dropping regularly, I found that the pills i did take (with at least 5 months between them) did jack all. I put it down to crap quality, and that they just dont do the job they used to. from about July- December 2004, i had 2 pills on 2 occasions and it totally turned me off taking pills altogether because they did nothing.

However, i thought i'd give them one more shot before writing them off for good at my bday last month. So i thought i'd try preloading with 5htp and see how i went (my diet is great so i wasnt lacking in vits as well as taking antioxidants)

For two weeks beforehand i had 50mg 5-htp, ate lots of tuna/fruit etc, and then 2 days before I stopped the 5htp and dosed up on multivitamins, antioxidants, magnesium, vit C, you name it. Dumped just one pill (green mitzi) and totally enjoyed myself, moreso than i have in over a year.

So my recommendation is, although its not scientifically proven... i believe that 50mg a day of 5htp for 2 weeks before hand was the reason I peaked hard again. Stop the 5htp 2 days before your roll to avoid any nulling of the peak. Best of luck!!

PS i'll prolly get ripped apart for suggesting that 5htp is a useful preload tool, but im one of the few it worked for.

I am suprised you expected pills to work on Sunday when you had 6 the previous day? Do you know how MDMA works? I suggest you do some research and search for threads titled 'losing the magic'. MDMA use can't last forever at the rate you used it at.

rockillusion said:
PS i'll prolly get ripped apart for suggesting that 5htp is a useful preload tool, but im one of the few it worked for.

Pretty much everyone agrees that taking 5-HTP a few days beforehand will only improve your experience. The point of contention is what taking it the same day as your pill will do, or within a few hours of it.

yah im in the same boat... pills do nothing anymore. ive taken a 6 week break and plan to roll this friday on the orange butterflys. ive had 100-300mg a night of 5htp for the past 6 weeks so im *hoping* i get a peak =]

Ditto. Had a 10 wk break and the damn pills still had little effects :( Not happy Jan! So I'm grabbing some 5htp and going to pre-load like crazy b4 the next event I hit in April. Hoping that...and some decent pills...will make it a memorable experience!!