• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids help me please

perscriptiondude

Greenlighter
i need help asap, im 16, i took 8 tylex capsules, (acetaminophen/tylenol) i took them about three hours ago, only to realise that they were past their use by date, im now having extreme abdomonmal pain, which i think is my liver (just above my stomach), ive read up alot about poisoning but i think im only getting bits off infortmation, the ER is not an option at the moment, please help.

Why did you take 8?

The expiry date would have no bearing on whether you have poisoned your liver or not. Look for signs such as yellowing of the skin or eyes. That would be you cue to stuff your pride back in the dumpster and get to an ER.

At this point you should try eating a light meal to ensure it's not just a stomach ache from making your GI digest 8 pills full of binders and APAP.

i was focusing on the codeine side, forgetting about the paracetamol as i didnt have time to do CWE, if there is no yellowing, do i assume im okay orrr?

i was focusing on the codeine side, forgetting about the paracetamol as i didnt have time to do CWE, if there is no yellowing, do i assume im okay orrr?
For a one time dose, you're fine. There's an antidote that's sold as a supplement in health stores called N-acetylcysteine if you're really concerned.

4000mg is the max allowable dose of acetaminophen. you are feeling pain from your liver hating you

To be honest if you are that worried you should not seek solace online you should get your butt in an E.R.! They don't need to know the details just tell them you took 4,0000mg of tylenol. I know someone who did harm after just once of 4,000 as she was sensitive to the tylenol. Or if you feel fine go if for a checkup with your primary doc tommorrow . If you are feeling pain in your upper right side go to a doctor! Also just because you aren't jaundiced doesn't mean damage isn't done. Not trying to be a bitch here... just realistic And just because you got away with it this time does not mean you will again.

I do not have a reliable link but I've read a few articles that the FDA is lowering that to 3,000mg a day (3g) this is part of why they don't make pain pills anymore as 5/500... they are 5 hydro, oxycodone, or codiene and 325 mg tylenol. Too many people were doing serious damage skipping a CWE and taking a bunch of pills to get high.

Take care of yourself!
Also if you do not have insurance there should be a sliding scale or no cost urgent care in your area to see a doctor?

Last edited:
Taking more of the recommended dosage of any med at your age is wreckless and stupid. You can die from overdose.

You should be fine this go round, but don't be stupid in the future.

Try searching on how to do a CWE if you insist on doing this in the future.

i need help asap, im 16, i took 8 tylex capsules, (acetaminophen/tylenol) i took them about three hours ago, only to realise that they were past their use by date, im now having extreme abdomonmal pain, which i think is my liver (just above my stomach), ive read up alot about poisoning but i think im only getting bits off infortmation, the ER is not an option at the moment, please help.

You will be fine. Too much Tylenol with upset your guts