• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Help me out here

Bracy

Greenlighter
Been on Suboxone for over a year. Last few months I have been back n forth with lortabs and oxys. I stopped the subs for this. Never an issue until now. I am in suboxone withdrawal. Restless legs, cold sweats, headaches, and all that. I have to work. Do I risk the pwd or take more oxy?!? Just want to feel better.

Did you quit bupe cold turkey? Honestly, the only way for you to feel better is to take an opioid or just endure the withdrawal, although 1 year of bupe use is a long time and those symptoms will last quite a bit.

If I were you and I couldn't work, I would take a small dose of some opioid enough to avoid those nasty withdrawal symptoms.

That is what I have been doing. Thought I could push through it but damn. Last hydro 20mg was 7 hours ago. Have subs left im just going to taper and be better that way. Was able to get some gabapentin which helped. I read somewhere vitamin C but that didn't seems to do it. The restless legs and cold sweats are terrible.

Also is extreme depression a thing with sub withdrawal? I mean my life is tough now given my brothers diagnosis of terminal brain cancer at 30 but I can't find joy on anything.

That is what I have been doing. Thought I could push through it but damn. Last hydro 20mg was 7 hours ago. Have subs left im just going to taper and be better that way. Was able to get some gabapentin which helped. I read somewhere vitamin C but that didn't seems to do it. The restless legs and cold sweats are terrible.

What about loperamide / imodium? It's an opioid that doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier but is very useful for withdrawal symptoms. It's sold OTC.

I'm really sorry for your brother my friend, but extreme depression is a classic opioid withdrawal symptom. It really sucks and is the symptom that lasts the longest (months).

Ok, couldn't do it anymore. I have the 2mg sublinguals. Gunna risk the pwd's and try micro-dosing

I found taking 0.25mg which equals about 10mg of morphine, dosed every 3 hours an almost foolproof way to avoid pwd. Ive even taken this dose while high on other opioids without any pwd.

Just a quick update. IT worked. No precipitated withdrawals at all. Actually snorted some like a couple hours before. But I was sick. The program never once mentioned how hard coming off was. I wish I would of known.

Damn. The place where I get my bupe told me in the beginning years ago that if I ever want to come off of it, they recommend in-hospital detoxing because the withdrawal is that bad. I'll prolly just stay on bupe the rest of my life, or at least until they allow people to use other opioids for maintenance like they do it Europe.
Glad you feel better OP.

I found taking 0.25mg which equals about 10mg of morphine, dosed every 3 hours an almost foolproof way to avoid pwd. Ive even taken this dose while high on other opioids without any pwd.

For real though. Back with the same issue. Its hard when you just want to feel something for a little while. My slips are always the easy ones to get though and that's norco 7.5's.. but running out and waiting to dose is a b****. Hitting the part were your body feels like its on fire but you're cold at the same time. Good times. Low dose again. Always just wait to see.. seems like a small amount works. Doesn't help coke was thrown into the mix. And a tad addys..whoops. my mind continues to be blow at the withdrawals suboxone brings even at 2mg.

Just a quick update. IT worked. No precipitated withdrawals at all. Actually snorted some like a couple hours before. But I was sick. The program never once mentioned how hard coming off was. I wish I would of known.
I feel like a broken record saying this all the time, but for me, bupe withdrawal was brutal. You MUST handle it properly and taper to sub-milligram levels.

If you're addicted to suboxone, I may be wrong, but even if you dosed some other opiates here and there, you're not going to get PWD by taking more sub, because what your body wants is suboxone, and the suboxone will push all the other opiates out of the receptor. PWD happens when you're addicted to full agonist opiates and try to take suboxone... then it kicks all of the full-agonist opiates you're addicted to out of the receptors and fills them with bupe, which is a partial agonist, so you get precipitated withdrawal since your body abruptly has absolutely none of the thing it's addicted to.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe what I said it accurate.

If you're addicted to suboxone, I may be wrong, but even if you dosed some other opiates here and there, you're not going to get PWD by taking more sub, because what your body wants is suboxone, and the suboxone will push all the other opiates out of the receptor. PWD happens when you're addicted to full agonist opiates and try to take suboxone... then it kicks all of the full-agonist opiates you're addicted to out of the receptors and fills them with bupe, which is a partial agonist, so you get precipitated withdrawal since your body abruptly has absolutely none of the thing it's addicted to.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe what I said it accurate.

Id say you're pretty right. Although I have taken heroin holidays a few times and it only took about 2-3 days of using heroin and no bupe and then going back on my bupe to cause PWD. But it might also depend on the opioid, cause I was able to take things like tramadol and then dose bupe later on that day and I had no perceivable PWD.

I've also been able to use good heroin for 5 days, tapering down toward the 5th day and taking tiny doses of bupe and then once out of heroin, taking a slightly bigger dose and have had the bupe put my ass to sleep rather then give me PWD. I think this is the bernese method or whatever it's called. So it seems like it can vary a lot.

Thought I'd mention I tried dropping to microgram doses for a few days and felt transient withdrawal symptoms that would come and go.
I mostly felt sweats, woke up dripping in sweat a few times, hot flashes, aching in my arms, forearms, thighs and legs, no motivation, joint pain.
Wow. I can't imagine what would happen if I came off of it completely after all these years.

I went back on a higher dose & it took away some of the pain but damn.

Id say you're pretty right. Although I have taken heroin holidays a few times and it only took about 2-3 days of using heroin and no bupe and then going back on my bupe to cause PWD. But it might also depend on the opioid, cause I was able to take things like tramadol and then dose bupe later on that day and I had no perceivable PWD.

I've also been able to use good heroin for 5 days, tapering down toward the 5th day and taking tiny doses of bupe and then once out of heroin, taking a slightly bigger dose and have had the bupe put my ass to sleep rather then give me PWD. I think this is the bernese method or whatever it's called. So it seems like it can vary a lot.

Kindling is a bitch. The more often you've been dependent, the quicker you get re-dependent. I've been on and off opiates so many times, I get withdrawals using two days in a row every time, no matter how long of a break I've had. Also, heroin is a very strong full agonist so bupe kicking it out of the receptors is going to have far more of an effect than something weak like codeine or hydrocodone being kicked out. Or kratom... kratom, being a partial agonist itself, does not even have the worry of PWD when switching to bupe, as the bupe kicks the kratom alkaloids out and then fully satisfies your body's need, itself.

Kindling is a bitch. The more often you've been dependent, the quicker you get re-dependent. I've been on and off opiates so many times, I get withdrawals using two days in a row every time, no matter how long of a break I've had. Also, heroin is a very strong full agonist so bupe kicking it out of the receptors is going to have far more of an effect than something weak like codeine or hydrocodone being kicked out. Or kratom... kratom, being a partial agonist itself, does not even have the worry of PWD when switching to bupe, as the bupe kicks the kratom alkaloids out and then fully satisfies your body's need, itself.

True. Even if the full agonist is weaker than heroin, I'd imagine if you took enough of it and then took bupe you could go into withdrawal.

It's strange. In my early 20's when I had real low tolerance, I can remember getting nods off of shit like tramadol in the 400-600mg doses that felt almost identical to heroin. Strangely the first time I ever tried Suboxone was when I was on tramadol too. I took my normal tramadol dose that morning and took a tiny piece of a strip and a few hours into work I was nodding so hard I couldn't stand up and do my job. Had people looking at me weird.

Once I got into heroin & then long term bupe, tramadol really stopped giving me any real nod or opiate effects and I refused to risk going up a higher dose.
It's strange tho as I feel like I got much higher back in the day before I fucked with bupe.

Shit, I just had a wake n bake and totally forgot where I was even going with all this. lol I guess i just thought it was weird that bupe wouldn't cause withdrawal even if the full agonist you've been using isn't as strong as heroin, as I always figured a full agonist would get me waaay higher than bupe ever would, you know what I'm saying? lol Maybe dosage matters too, not sure.

Anyways, cheers Xorkoth!

PS - I have never been able to achieve any recreational or opiate-like effects from any kind of kratom whatsoever. :( I imagine it has to be one of the weakest opioids there is. It barely touched bupe withdrawal for me. Hell, barely is an overstatement.