• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Help me get off Oxy (Need Support)

Thanks for the support when I most needed it guys. I resisted and did not go back to the oxy. Feeling great about that decision today. Ended up taking a 0.5mg Xanax which calmed me down enough (and also gave me my first great night of sleep since my withdrawal started). Don’t want that to become a regular thing but I needed it yesterday.

Nervous about this weekend. I haven’t not had a pill during a weekend for about 3 years. It’s one thing when work distracts me most of the day, but the weekend will be another challenge. I guess I’m up for it!

Hey guys, need a little pep talk here. Whether related to withdrawal, my own anxiety problem or just everything going on in the world... today was a tough day. Got in a screaming match with the wife that ended in lots of tears from her. I’m stressed beyond belief with that and work and just kind of wanna take an oxy to not feel it. I know it’s bad because I’ve already gotten through 5 days and I really was already past the worst of withdrawal. In fact, physical symptoms are all behind me... only thing remaining really was a little bit of listlessness and trouble sleeping at night. Otherwise have felt great.

anyway just thinking out loud. Don’t want the oxy to become a crutch for me obviously because that’s how I’ll end up in a bad place one day. But right now it’s tough. Guess this is why I need therapy to learn some coping mechanisms.
We are here to talk fam, it never gets easy especially around the time of detox. Your emotions are fucked but acknowledge your actions, and work to better them if you didn’t like who you was. If your girl loves you for real she will understand but it’s best you allow her to know that you are going through hell, but your working on getting better when things cool down she will understand. If she doesn’t that’s another story and it’s important you do this one day at a time

Thanks for the support when I most needed it guys. I resisted and did not go back to the oxy. Feeling great about that decision today. Ended up taking a 0.5mg Xanax which calmed me down enough (and also gave me my first great night of sleep since my withdrawal started). Don’t want that to become a regular thing but I needed it yesterday.

Nervous about this weekend. I haven’t not had a pill during a weekend for about 3 years. It’s one thing when work distracts me most of the day, but the weekend will be another challenge. I guess I’m up for it!
You should find something that equally distracts you and that you love to fill the void. I make music. It’s shit quality lol but it helps, your doing great I’m proud of you!

Keep going bro theres no point in going back you suffered this far going back would be insanity and doesnt make sense, try and get your hands on chamomile it has alkaloids or flavonoids that hit the benzodiazepine receptors wish I could give you the chamomile extract I have I really do. it helps and yea the only thing that got me through a suboxone withdrawal was my klonopin that's prescribed due to stuff regarding a brain injury I had 11 years ago, go and buy d phenylalanine it works great during withdrawal and theres also GABA pills you can buy legally but only take them as needed you dont want another withdrawal Keep going bro were all with you!!! I forgot to mention get some cbd works WONDERS man it actually heals our brains and puts the brain in homeostasis.

Last edited:
I need to try CBD... I keep hearing some people swear by it, though some people seem to say it does nothing without “THC activating it.” I need to try for myself and see. Would it possibly help with sleep taking before bed? I saw some mixes of melatonin and CBD that are marketed as natural sleep pills.

I need to try CBD... I keep hearing some people swear by it, though some people seem to say it does nothing without “THC activating it.” I need to try for myself and see. Would it possibly help with sleep taking before bed? I saw some mixes of melatonin and CBD that are marketed as natural sleep pills.
As a seasoned user of cannabis, I used to scorn at the idea that CBD alone would be of any use but all I was considering at that point was the recreational effect of THC. I have since tried a few CBD products such as gums, chocolate, soft drinks and smoking low THC bud. I very recently used the low THC bud when I ran out of real bud to assist with a xanax detox and it reduced my anxiety levels noticeably and helped me sleep without a doubt. Not a total fix but it very much softens the edges.

It sounds like you are doing very well indeed. Keep it up!

I have full spectrum over the counter cbd pills 20mg a piece you feel them when you take them lol but it's not overwhelming. Dont waste money on cbd with melatonin it's just marketing bullshit to get you to buy their products. Do you have a vitamin shop near you theres a couple around me

I too quit oxy and kratom day 4 for oxy and day 3 for kratom it’s rough but you motivated me OP I been planning for a while but seeing that you can do it gives me hope

How you holding up??
Good. Idk how many days I’m sober cause I don’t count I just go day by day I’m still having odd bowls but I’m increasing my fiber and magnesium intake with hemp proteins and what not. I am taking Ritalin 20 mg x 2 and 1.5mg of klonopin. But I’m coming off that and going start microdosing tomorrow or Monday I’m not sure cause I’m eating abv edibles today I had a lot of abv butter left over. Idk if that will influence it. I just need the energy I got from the oxy at first and the happiness and Ritalin and adderall does that I just have refused it from my doctor. But I think ima ask for a while until I can get over paws

As someone who has had bad opiate problems, I'd suggest without any reservation at all, getting on suboxone (avoid methadone) and seeing a good psychiatrist. Anybody who abuses drugs is not fine mentally, and that is what I have learned. So even if you think I don't need this I just need to get better, I promise you opiates affect your brain in a very significant way and you're going to be depressed for a while so you need to see someone who semi-knows what they're doing.

Checking back in!

Been just over 3 weeks and boy... what a world of difference. I honestly feel like a different person. It has become such an unfamiliar feeling to ever be excited about something in my life without the assistance of a drug. The physical symptoms are all far behind me, for weeks now. In fact, they're getting so far behind me that I'm worried I'll start to forget how much they sucked (which acts as a kind of barrier to me relapsing). I was concerned I would be getting uncontrollable cravings, but they actually haven't been too bad. Daily exercise and yoga has been a nice distraction from it (though I am worried that as those become less of "challenges" -- as they currently most definitely are -- that I'll need something else. We'll see.

I will be honest though, the last 24 hours, I started to have an inclination to take another pill. Partly because some of my back pain returned (though admittedly not enough to actually require oxy, but it was me rationalizing), and partially because I have this feeling of victory. I feel like I slayed the dragon and therefore I can go pet dragons now for fun. I'm quite certain this is a misguided and dangerous line of thinking, but deep down, I still have this feeling that I can one day be the once or twice per week low dosage oxy guy without letting it get out of hand. Honestly, the biggest thing that has made me stop myself has been the memory of those 5 days of crappiness. It was recent enough that I know that 2-4 hours of high ain't worth that.

Either way, I really want to stick to what I originally intended as my goal, which was "two months off and then re-evaluate" so I am fighting hard right now to stick to that and then go from there.

You are the man! You did it the right way, you must have enough self-discipline and can-do attitude to float a boat!
Awesome job, I am super happy for you!

Thanks man! I really appreciate your support. I can see now why people say it’s a lifelong battle to stay clean and you’re never really in the clear. I literally had the pill out of the bottle and in my hand TWICE yesterday. I eventually talked myself out of taking it both times and just had a few bourbons instead to distract myself. The craving passed and didn’t come back today luckily. Gotta stay strong!

You know, there aren’t that many folks that know what that feeling is like...holding a bottle of pills in your hand and trying to overcome the urge to take a pill.
You know what else? It is an elite few that can say they put the bottle down when they had that urge.
You sir, are among the elite few. You should be very proud of yourself and you give hope to everyone that reads your post that “what one can do, another can do”.

you were taking 7.5 to 15mg 3 times a week? so a total of 45mg max a week? am I missing something ? Should experience no withdrawal if that's the case

you were taking 7.5 to 15mg 3 times a week? so a total of 45mg max a week? am I missing something ? Should experience no withdrawal if that's the case
Tbh if this is the case. OP is making this worse in head. I was taking 60mg a day and came off. I had stomach issues, insomnia, and joint paint. I also got annoyed really quickly. Just come off now and stop playing around before you find out what a real habit is