• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help me choose a ciggarette Brand.

I've stumbled apon this little gem of a thread and I must admit, it's a perverse pleasure to find a place (one of the few!) we smokers can chat about our habit without judgement - or little judgement anyway ;)

*applause* "Yay!"

*lights up*

I smoke Dunhill Grey (4mg) and have since I stumbled on the lovely things approx 10 years ago. Prior to that for a couple of years it was Peter Jackson (first 1mg, then 2mg, but I've never gone past 4 thank god). And when I lived in the UK it was Silk Cut or Marlbro Lights (couldn't bloody find a good 4mg there!).

But Dunhills are my fave; just perfect, very smooth and worth that little extra.

For a treat I sometimes buy myself "Cartier" which are a beautiful all-white, elegant, thin "designer" ciggy - complete with gold band. V. posh and pretentious. :D I like to smoke these while on E, especially while on E at special occasions where I'm all dressed up to the nines =D

How could I forget the Peter Jacksons? :D

I rarely ever smoked those. They're pretty foul, about as bad as Winfield blues and reds.

I dont mean to offend but honestly i cannot get used to the tobacco here in australia, except for a few that are everywhere. I smoke rollies (yea fuck taileys) and there is no better than port royal. Virginia gold is pretty good too

I cant fucken find rothmans anywhere here in AUS. Or lucky strike. their my favs when it comes to taileys

Whats going on australia? All I see on the shelf is bloody longbeach (wtf) brandon, peter stuyvesant, peter jackson, horizon and winfield

B&H is shit

ill stop ranting now haha

oh dunhills are all good only i cant fucken find them anywhere. Townsville is a fucking dump

I bought some Drum Blue (on yer advice Technix) in addition to a pack of marlboros.

It's not easy to switch from being a satifsied tailor-made buyer, to a rollie fan - I'm missing the tastes of about a thousand poisonous fumes!

I'll persist though - there is still the appeal of the rollie in that it last freaking ages and you smoke the size of the cigarette you want. I'm just confused by the fact that unfiltered rollies don't give the same hit as a marlboro light? The nicotine/tar/monoxide levels must be through the roof...is it the arsenic/formaldehyde/benzene craving that isn't being satisfied?!?

Does anyone here filter their rollies btw?

Oh they can. It's all in the rolling technique. Don't compress it too much, otherwise it won't be able to breathe. It will also go out on you. You'll get a feel for it very quickly.

Anyone brought these cheap ciggies online?

I am talking about both Australian and overseas Supplier.

No sources please, part of BL's guidelines, I mean it's easy with google if you get my drift ;)

I like my Bensons and Hedges Red/Classic and Pall Malls Red Brand. When I go out on special nights as I don't go out much these days, when I do, I like to smoke these Davidoffs Classics, 555 Filter, and Rothman's Royal.

With Rollies, I like both Champion Ruby Yellow and Port Royal, Rum & Port Flavoured.

Last edited:
yea i dont like the bourboun port royal much. The rum and wine is way better

Dr Pat....nothing like opening the fresh packet and getting that fine fine fine aroma....sweet.....;)
Kent full strength or Peter stuvy if I have to smoke tailor mades but that hasn't happened since I was overseas.
and I don't mind the rolly papers called "rollies" which I have found semi recently. Not sure why but they do the job and haven't had any problems with them considering they are cheaper than the other brands.

Last edited:
Rollies are great papers in my opinion, though I prefer Ventti.

SpellmanT7 said:
I bought some Drum Blue (on yer advice Technix) in addition to a pack of marlboros.

It's not easy to switch from being a satifsied tailor-made buyer, to a rollie fan - I'm missing the tastes of about a thousand poisonous fumes!

I'll persist though - there is still the appeal of the rollie in that it last freaking ages and you smoke the size of the cigarette you want. I'm just confused by the fact that unfiltered rollies don't give the same hit as a marlboro light? The nicotine/tar/monoxide levels must be through the roof...is it the arsenic/formaldehyde/benzene craving that isn't being satisfied?!?

Does anyone here filter their rollies btw?

Yeah rolling tight is a problem, I naturally roll tight and smoke hard, when on methamphetamine or ecstacy I find I drag REAL hard on them and have damaged the webbing under my tongue more than once because of it. Roll them loose and/or fat and they will be an easier smoke, though they are just fundamentally different from tailors, but after a while with rollies you will find tailors just don't satisfy anymore, things will reverse.

Everyone is right - I was rolling too hard but now it's mmm-mmm:)

Plus, a rollie seems to go purr-fectly with a big mug of licorice tea! I know it sounds a nasty combo (I don't normally like licorice tea) but together it's a match made in heaven;)

The smell of the smoke doesn't seem to bother my mother like tailor-made's do either (I only smoke in my room but you know how smoke can fill a house).

I'm still officially the worst roller in the world though! Brings me back to my joint rolling days - geez, I got some stick for ugly j's. Wouldn't think I was the one kind enough to be sharing with those guys in the first pace!

Pistachio said:
...after a while with rollies you will find tailors just don't satisfy anymore, things will reverse.

I think I'm getting that already - smoked a marlboro after a rollie and it got me thinking where's the tobacco taste gone?

I smoke:

Winfield Sky Blue

pretty much when i'm on any drug (even being whacked makes me crave one lol). But other than that, i don't find it too hard to avoid smoking, save for the odd occasion.

Lucky Strike Filters, if you can get them, are IMO the best cigarette known to man. Had to start smoking parliament lights on account of my significant other though. I enjoy those as well, especially the 100's.

yea lucky strike is one of my fav. And im not one to like taylies. Rollies are just better in everyway.

Rated E said:
I smoke:

Winfield Sky Blue

pretty much when i'm on any drug (even being whacked makes me crave one lol). But other than that, i don't find it too hard to avoid smoking, save for the odd occasion.

can't work out how to change the quote but look above for th right one...gomennasai!

so weird how that happens, I have switched numerous times over the years due to neccesity and I remember that it takes a good while for the new one to start tasting like the normal one...it is either the chemicals in tailors fucking with me or as I have wondered on occasion a pure tolerance thing to do with something being new which would happen with any drug...
8(
am currently cutting out all the habotual ciggers, not the stress ones, not ready to deal with that but by geez do I smoke a silly amount of habitual ciggers!
8)

Last edited:
Drum or Champion Ruby - rollies are the only way to go -

SpellmanT7 said:
Everyone is right - I was rolling too hard but now it's mmm-mmm:)

Plus, a rollie seems to go purr-fectly with a big mug of licorice tea! I know it sounds a nasty combo (I don't normally like licorice tea) but together it's a match made in heaven;)

The smell of the smoke doesn't seem to bother my mother like tailor-made's do either (I only smoke in my room but you know how smoke can fill a house).

I'm still officially the worst roller in the world though! Brings me back to my joint rolling days - geez, I got some stick for ugly j's. Wouldn't think I was the one kind enough to be sharing with those guys in the first pace!

I think I'm getting that already - smoked a marlboro after a rollie and it got me thinking where's the tobacco taste gone?

glad to see i may have converted you :)

yeah rolling the right way will come in time, give it a month or two and youll roll like a pro.
at the start i found it frustrating trying to roll a good smoke only to fuck it up 3 times in a row lol

i find a rollie with a filter is better, but sometimes i cant be bothered carrying that one extra thing around so i dont do it all that much.

Another vote for rollies. Back when i was smoking them, my favourite tobacco was Bank. Nothing smells quite like bank when you first crack open the pouch and the smell of the smoke is wonderful, not at all like the foul stench of tailors.

Plus, they taste nice too. Its win, win. I agree that Drum is also right up there along with Port Royal.