• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help me choose a ciggarette Brand.

Puddito said:
Don't smoke is my reccomendation, its the most pointless, stupid thing a person can do. Sorry if that grates you smokers out there, but im yet to hear a proper reason why people smoke and why its a good idea "it looks cool" doesnt swing it for me. Sorry for thread hijacking as well.

My brand is fresh air, money in my pocket and not dying of lung cancer in 20 years.

I normally refrain from abusing people. But none-the-less, I was tempted to post in this thread, without actually reading any replies "I bet at least 1 dumbarse has made some stupid comment about not smoking". Considering this is a drug board (harm-min, I know, but still) you would think people on here would be smart enough not to judge others and preach about their own choices.

Anyway, so I open the thread and there you have it, the first post.

EDIT:
Just read the post above, I had a bit of a 'google' search within australia to see if anyone has put up a site listing nicotine/tar/etc info. Couldn't find one, but rather hard to sort through all the anti-smoking stuff. Anyway, if anyone knows of a site or can be bothered having a search, post a link.

Last edited:
After a couple of days with the nicotine gum, can I make a suggestion to all the smokers?

When you're sat at home, browsing BL/any website and almost chain-smoking your brand of choice, stop halfway through that second or third cig. This is when gum is your friend. It may suck as an alternative between drinks at a bar but a couple of 8mg gums holds off the craving to do nothing more than light up the 3rd, 4th and possibly tenth cigarette that does/feels like nothing more than inhaling vapour because you cant feel the nicotine anyhow.

Edit: 8mg became 20mg and I smoked a couple of cigs whilst I still had the gum in my mouth. Gum isn't looking so good after all.:(

Last edited:
Smoking.

I smoke Dunhill Reds (read - 'Premier').

I used to smoke Benson and Hedges Special Filter - they were the smoothest and 'cleanest' cigarettes I've ever smoked.

Alpine taste as if you're smoking a Mintie and after a while the menthol always gave me a sore throat...

I always find if you hold off having your first cigarette as long as possible in the day you'll smoke less - it's an easy way of cutting down without facing terrible cravings.

I do find it funny that cigarettes don't have the list of chemicals anymore - I quit for over a year and when I started again I asked for a pack of 12mg. and the person in the store just stared at me with a blank look. Everything in my kitchen cupboard lists the ingredients and most list the quantities of sugar, carbs, fats (inc. transfats)... but not my smokes. It goes against the trend of government regulation with all other consumer products! Silly billy bureaucrats...

Last edited:
rm2x said:
cohibacigaretteshx2.jpg

I want a Cohiba!!! They sound delicious.

I used to smoke Marlboro Lights but given their new recipe, I refuse to smoke Marlboro anymore - they taste hideous.

If i splash out and buy tailor mades, it's Kent all the way. The charcoal filter is less harsh. However, i am more keen on tobacco these days. It has less chemicals in it and once you get used to the taste, you actually end up preferring it. I highly recommend Champion Ruby.

To anyone that smokes rollies - fucking oath. I've been smoking Drum dark blue for a few years now. I never really got into Champion - in fact when I was smoking it I craved it more than Drum. Port Royal is nice, a bit more expensive though. White Ox is good if you're trying to quit. That shit just grosses you out of wanting another cigarette for several days.

Does anyone else notice that rolling tobacco is better from some shops than others? The tobacco from reputable tobacconists tends to be a bit more moist than supermarkets and petrol stations. Why is that?

Even though I refuse to smoke tailors these days, I must try those Cohibas. In the meantime this thread is making me want a Drum.

gher said:
To anyone that smokes rollies - fucking oath. I've been smoking Drum dark blue for a few years now. I never really got into Champion - in fact when I was smoking it I craved it more than Drum. Port Royal is nice, a bit more expensive though. White Ox is good if you're trying to quit. That shit just grosses you out of wanting another cigarette for several days.

Does anyone else notice that rolling tobacco is better from some shops than others? The tobacco from reputable tobacconists tends to be a bit more moist than supermarkets and petrol stations. Why is that?

Even though I refuse to smoke tailors these days, I must try those Cohibas. In the meantime this thread is making me want a Drum.

Champion is the shit.. When i smoke rollies, thats what i get...

I smoke rollies lots too!!

I used to smoke Peter Jackson Extra Mild or Ruby Champion tobacco.

The new PJ packets in the style of Winfields are shit. Shades of blue was the bomb.

Finally tracked down some cohiba + djarum cigarettes, here in the UK:

$14 (equivalent) per fucking packet!!!

FFS.

Davidoff Lights (or Gold, as they're now called in here). (8mg tar, fuck knows how much nicotine/CO)

The only decent tailor brand around.
Every other cigarette tastes like goat ass after you try Davidoffs.
Davidoff classic are infinitely nicer, but are 12mg, and make me feel sickly.

Can get em from tobacconists for as low as $9 per 20pack, typically $11.15/20 at 7/11.

mystical mind fuck said:
I dont mind the odd menthol, i use to smoke them heaps when i first picked up the dreadful habbit.

I do LOVE a good menthol when on X...

HEAR HEAR - i agree. and normally have other non-menthol smokers try it too, despite them saying they hate menthols - they are generally pretty impressed lol.

apart from that, have never been a regular smoker - i just can't handle it unless i'm drunk/high. probably a good thing.

ill just like to add how much better rollies are in other areas as well..
when someone asks you for a spare smoke, you say "ive only got rollies" and they say "ah k, dont worry about it". lol they don't know what they're missing out on

My current cigarette of choice are Parliment Lighs, or better known as p-funks. I decided to switch to a lighter cigarette so I went from reds to these. It took some time getting used to them but I'm quite fond of them.

when i first started smoking i smoked marlboro lights, but switched to Newports...then went to smoking camel wides....and then back to Newports wich i still smoke...i dunno i like menthol...
During the summer...when i go to the beach or a club out in the Hamptons...i'll smoke Capri Menthols...i just LOVE the skinnyness of those smokes!...i find them very feminine and some what sexy!....For a lil while i used one of those old skool cigarette holders. My best friend Suna had got it for me in Turkey...it had lil red and black rhinestones all over it....I lost it when i was at a house party out in South Hampton..i still get frustrated when i think about it...
Hmm....now that i mention it...if i see a cool ciggie holder in a antique or thrift store..im gonna buy it!!!

Good thread! I might have to copy you and start one up in EADD. :D

Brands of cigarettes in Australia and the UK that I've been smoking over the years.
Winfield Red
Winfield Blue
Marlboro lights (gold)
Superking blues
Davidoff's
Dunhill Blue
Rothmans
Benson and Hedges
Silk Cut (purple)

If I smoke taylor made smokes these days then I tend to stick to Silk Cut or Marlboro Lights. Marlboro Lights are pretty stock standard around Europe, everyone smokes them. ;)

In more recent times I've gone to smoking rollies. I have been using Golden Virginia tobacco, but find that a lot of the time the tobacco is a little *too* damp.

pekkie said:
Brands of cigarettes in Australia and the UK that I've been smoking over the years.

<list cut>

..........................Silk Cut (purple)

If I smoke taylor made smokes these days then I tend to stick to Silk Cut or Marlboro Lights. Marlboro Lights are pretty stock standard around Europe, everyone smokes them. ;)

Don't do it to yourself pekkie - no-one deserves the sheer frustration that can only be acheived through silk-cut.

I remember our English Lit. teacher being a permanent I'm quitting...I'm trying smoker. Watching her trying to get nicotine out of a silk cut was more than I could bear - unless she'd just slated one my essays of course (standard practice), in which case I delighted in pointing and staring=D