Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help me choose a ciggarette Brand.

mystical mind fuck

Greenlighter
Okay dokie. I've been smoking the good ole Wini blues for quite some time now, and im sick of them.

Im not saying there a bad ciggie, ive just been smoking them for to long.

Soo, what ciggarettes do you smoke?

And can you reccomend me a new smoke ? =D

[EDIT: i dont think i spelt cigarettes right.]

Don't smoke is my reccomendation, its the most pointless, stupid thing a person can do. Sorry if that grates you smokers out there, but im yet to hear a proper reason why people smoke and why its a good idea "it looks cool" doesnt swing it for me. Sorry for thread hijacking as well.

My brand is fresh air, money in my pocket and not dying of lung cancer in 20 years.

Dunhill Blue, Stuyvesant are my tasty preferences.

Puddito said:
Don't smoke is my reccomendation, its the most pointless, stupid thing a person can do. Sorry if that grates you smokers out there, but im yet to hear a proper reason why people smoke and why its a good idea "it looks cool" doesnt swing it for me. Sorry for thread hijacking as well.

My brand is fresh air, money in my pocket and not dying of lung cancer in 20 years.

That’s all well and good that you don’t smoke, but there is no need to "grate" us smokers just because you choose to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Also, I’ve never smoked a ciggie because "it looks cool".
I smoke because i enjoy the process of the whole thing.
Taking time out to collect your thoughts, sit down, relax and enjoy the flavorsome smoke.

Another reason i smoke is because they produce an indescribably pleasure for me when i smoke them. Something non-smokers wouldn’t understand.

And yes, i probably will get lung cancer in 20 years, but so be it.

I want a fucking cigarette now.

cigar-ette. :)

I gave up fags but I do like Marlboro Red's when smoking, however I don't really like Marlboro Lights, they're more of a poofstick (gotta suck too much).

The only time I enjoy smoking now is on meth or pills, or maybe after a big nice meal.

Splatt said:
cigar-ette. :)

I gave up fags but I do like Marlboro Red's when smoking, however I don't really like Marlboro Lights, they're more of a poofstick (gotta suck too much).

The only time I enjoy smoking now is on meth or pills, or maybe after a big nice meal.

Marlboros make you reek too much of smoke :(

Being only 16 and having trouble walking up a few flight of steps was enough for me to stop. Im glad I did, I feel so much better (I can breath). I think smoking in general is just a fun thing to do. My advice to you would be to not even start up, and if you must, keep it to the parties.

hebb22 said:
Being only 16 and having trouble walking up a few flight of steps was enough for me to stop. Im glad I did, I feel so much better (I can breath). I think smoking in general is just a fun thing to do. My advice to you would be to not even start up, and if you must, keep it to the parties.

Not walking up stairs at age 16 8o How much were you smoking?

mystical mind fuck said:
Okay dokie. I've been smoking the good ole Wini blues for quite some time now, and im sick of them.

Im not saying there a bad ciggie, ive just been smoking them for to long.

Soo, what ciggarettes do you smoke?

And can you reccomend me a new smoke ? =D

[EDIT: i dont think i spelt cigarettes right.]

My advice is to never stop trying new brands.

Buy a couple of packs, one that you're familiar with and one completely new. Just today I was in a shop and bought a pack of marlboro lights to ensure I had something smokable and whilst standing at the counter, asked to see the packet of 'Richmond Superkings'. I wanted a high-tar/high nicotine brand and the figures checked out so I purchased.

They're not great - too mild for a high tar cig. but perfectly smokable and at least I know for next time. I'm in the UK though, so there's WAY less choice. In the US it'd take AGES to try everything, from what I recall of their selection.

btw - normally smoke camel yellows but this place didn't have any. High-tar/nicotine, not as rough or perhaps satisfying as many but exactly what I expected marlboro mediums to taste like but was disappointed when they didn't.

I smoked Newport 100's for around 4 months. It wasn't like I couldn't walk up the stairs, it was just troublesome. It would piss me off that I couldn't really run around without getting tired. If your going to smoke, avoid newports. Newports just kill your lungs.

Don't smoke is my reccomendation, its the most pointless, stupid thing a person can do

Thousands of Aussie smokers might disagree with that. Sure smoking is bad for the lungs and body in general, but it makes no sense to convey the message that way IMO.

There are arguments to suggest smoking may increase the risk of age related demenia, but it's also acknowledged that Nicotine may play a role in preventing or delaying the onslaught of alzheimers by modulating cholinergic nicotinic receptors in the brain, which offers protection against beta-amyloid induced apoptosis (programmed cell death). Several nicotine related drugs are currently being assessed for this purpose.

As noted previously, nicotine can prevent beta-amyloid induced apoptosis in cultured neurons...

...Several studies indicate that incubation with nicotine or other nAChR agonists, including cytisine and DMXBA, protects cultured cells from beta-amyloid-induced apoptosis (Wang et al. 2000, Frier and Herron 2003). However, the mechanism of this is not well understood.

From Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors and Alzheimer’s Disease Therapeutics: A Review of Current Literature, published in an undergrad peer reviewed journal. It offers an up to date, easy to follow review on the subject. Google will provide thousands of other articles on the topic.

My wife's grand mother lived to 97 and she loved a smoke right until the end. She was as sharp as a tack. I have another relative who is 93 and has smoked all her life. She has the mind of someone in their 30's, the wrinkle free skin of a teenager and the memory of an elephant.

My wife worked for years in aged care and always commented on how most smokers in their nineties comprised the greatest proportion of dementia free residents.

To put things in perspective; smoking does kill, but a few years of smoking in your late teens/ twenties is not thought to increase your risk of cancer anywhere near as much as with a person who has smoked for 30 years or so. While susceptible individuals may be affected by even passive smoke, most cancers and heart related problems are the result of years of exposure. So the risk is relative: age, frequency, duration etc...

For what it's worth, there are now pre-rolled cigarettes available that claim no added chemicals. I don't believe these would be that much safer to smoke in terms of possible health impacts, but they are unlikely to be any worse. One brand that seems popular is "American Spirit"

If we absolutely have to have anti-smoking advice in this thread, then how about this:

Supplement your smoking with nicotine gum. It sucks as a sole replacement but used between cigarettes, it could help you cut down on two or three.

For the past hour or so that I've been logged into BL, I've smoked between 3 and 6 cigarettes. Sure, the first one I enjoyed but most of the rest? Er, I'm not sure...scratch that, I'm damned sure that all I'm doing is topping up my nicotine levels and getting marginal pleasure each successive cigarette. *I* am not smoking, the nicotine is smoking me.

I know, this idea goes out the window in a bar/club etc. but I've been thinking a lot about reducing the number of smokes I have and whilst I'm at home, I don't see why it's not a plausible solution. Of course, the price of the gum is fucking outrageous however.

btw - BL freaking SUCKS for smokers. I don't surf other sites and find myself puffing away but log myself in here and it's all about providing silk sheets for the latest Phillip Morris Mansion.

Back when I used to smoke (2 years ago) I swore by Winfield Sky Blues. The gentlemans cigarette :D

However, I much prefer not smoking at all :)

My problem was that I would take adderall, and every cigarette made me feel even better. I could eaisly sit down and smoke an entire pack and not even be phased. Adderall turns you into a smoking machine! Me peaking out on ady, I could probably finish 4 packs no problem. I don't mind chew, it gives you a better buzz then cigarettes, but isn't exactly enjoyable.

I used to smoke benson & hedges or peter stuyvesant when i was a smoker. tried most brands but mostly stuck with bensons.
I wouldnt recomend smoking altogether, but im sure you knew you were going to get that response posting this so im not going to harp on:)

Dunhill Blue for sure. even better is Dunhill International. the cigs are about as long as marlboro lights and come in packs of 20's. cost about the same as a pack of dunhill blue's but my GOD do they taste better! same strength as the blues (8mg).

winfield sky blues are by far the best in my opinion there not to heavy not to light just right,or i like pall mall orange for something different but i thinks its just the cool looking butts that make me get them :)