• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help! Kratom - bad batch - BAD effects

touchdown

Greenlighter
I don't know if i am allowed to post the name of the vendor here so i won't. I get my kratom from a headshop. I have been using this brand for 3 months now. 10mg maeng da powder. I have not had problems with it up until now. They got a new batch of it. Here is what happened.

I drank 2 bags 2 nights ago and got REALLY DIZZY. I threw up, then went to lay down. i Couldn't see straight. i couldn't even walk! i felt drunk. i just waited a few hours for it to wear off. Went back the next day and tried it again and same thing. i couldn't walk down my own stairs because i was shaking and so dizzy and weak. It took about 6 hours to wear off.

So this morning i go back and tell her about it. I picked up another brand that comes in capsules, took it, and it works just fine, so i know it's not just me. But the experience i had with the powder was SCARY. if i didn't know better, i would have called an ambulance. the room was spinning and i was shaking.

Has anyone had a similar experience with bad batches? what could be in it that caused that. It wasn't normal, it was scary.

I told her about it and she said she would contact the vendor.

No. I should have said i do take a lot. I often do 3 of those in about 4 hours. If it's too much, i will just puke and get tired. I have a high tolerance. But I have NEVER EVER had a reaction like that to kratom.

The other stuff i took today is a different brand in capsules, and I took 15 grams of it, and i feel fine. It has to be a bad batch. Should I call the vendor myself? I feel like I should just to report it to them.

Don't buy kratom from headshops as it's very unreliable. We have no way of knowing what's in that batch, could be some impurity or maybe it was laced with a RC, you should ask the vendor.
I've been taking (high quality) kratom everyday for a year now and if I were to take 10-15g at once I'd definitely feel very sick, so maybe it was a really potent batch? Who knows.

What is RC? I am wondering what could be in it that made me like that. it was scary. and that brand was very good to me for months. got the new batch and that what happened. i always buy from headshops, get 15 grams maeng da for like $20. do you get a better deal online?

RC means Research chemicals, you can find plenty of info just by a quick google search.
I remember years ago a few people died from a batch (headshop kratom) that was laced with O-DesmethylTramadol which is an opioid RC. That was an isolated case and most kratom is safe and non laced, but you can never be completely sure if you buy brand name kratom from headshops.

Oh yes you definitely get a much much better deal if you buy it online from a specialized store/kratom vendor. You will not only get a higher quality product but it's also cheaper, just make sure to order from a good/well known vendor. Sourcing is not allowed here so you'll have to do your own research, google is your friend.

I don't know if i am allowed to post the name of the vendor here so i won't. I get my kratom from a headshop. I have been using this brand for 3 months now. 10mg maeng da powder. I have not had problems with it up until now. They got a new batch of it. Here is what happened.

I drank 2 bags 2 nights ago and got REALLY DIZZY. I threw up, then went to lay down. i Couldn't see straight. i couldn't even walk! i felt drunk. i just waited a few hours for it to wear off. Went back the next day and tried it again and same thing. i couldn't walk down my own stairs because i was shaking and so dizzy and weak. It took about 6 hours to wear off.

So this morning i go back and tell her about it. I picked up another brand that comes in capsules, took it, and it works just fine, so i know it's not just me. But the experience i had with the powder was SCARY. if i didn't know better, i would have called an ambulance. the room was spinning and i was shaking.

Has anyone had a similar experience with bad batches? what could be in it that caused that. It wasn't normal, it was scary.

I told her about it and she said she would contact the vendor.

I suppose you mean 10 g (instead of mg) of Maeng Da.

First of all, which Maeng Da ? Atm there is the classic Thai Maeng Da (very strong, and ODs are bad on the stomach quickly) and Borneo Maeng Da (a cross, less potent, but less side effects) known to me.
10g is a massive overdose with both of them. Even with tolerance. So 2*10g is a hardcore OD and nobody should ever attempt to ingest so much material.

With either of the Maeng Das 5g should not be exceeded in a time span of ~2h. If you can ingest more than 5g of any Kratom brand without feeling nauseous you got bunked or are naturally tolerant/tolerant through former opiate habits.

I suppose you mean 10 g (instead of mg) of Maeng Da.

First of all, which Maeng Da ? Atm there is the classic Thai Maeng Da (very strong, and ODs are bad on the stomach quickly) and Borneo Maeng Da (a cross, less potent, but less side effects) known to me.
10g is a massive overdose with both of them. Even with tolerance. So 2*10g is a hardcore OD and nobody should ever attempt to ingest so much material.

With either of the Maeng Das 5g should not be exceeded in a time span of ~2h. If you can ingest more than 5g of any Kratom brand without feeling nauseous you got bunked or are naturally tolerant/tolerant through former opiate habits.
Once you have a solid kratom tolerance 5+ grams is nothing in terms of what your stomach can tolerate without negative side effects. I have Bali and Maeng Da powder purchased from a headshop as well as Kalimantan and Thai from my usual vendor. Effects and side effects are all pretty consistent regardless of where I got it from.

After years of use my standard dose is 10 grams and I'm so use to it that my only side effect is constipation and sometimes itching. :)

Let me clarify my position. I am a former heroin addict. I was IVing 10 bags a day so my tolernce is sky high for kratom. 15-20 grams of kratom at a time is my dose.

This stuff had something BAD in it. I went back to my old brand and I feel great. The other stuff made me so messed up i could not stand. I was literally CRAWLING to the bathroom to puke. So it is not an overdose of kratom, there is some bad sh!t in there and I really wanna know what it is.

Let me clarify my position. I am a former heroin addict. I was IVing 10 bags a day so my tolernce is sky high for kratom. 15-20 grams of kratom at a time is my dose.

This stuff had something BAD in it. I went back to my old brand and I feel great. The other stuff made me so messed up i could not stand. I was literally CRAWLING to the bathroom to puke. So it is not an overdose of kratom, there is some bad sh!t in there and I really wanna know what it is.

Being that kratom comes from nature it could be anything. I've heard people mention everything from fungus to animal droppings so unless you have it tested it's all speculation.

I have occasionally had random and very strong nausea and sleepiness from kratom, even from batches that have seemed clean and stable for multiple doses. Every now and then I would do something slightly out of the ordinary, maybe like an empty stomach, or too much acidic food, or some other additional substance.

It's generally when I have just one teaspoon too many as I underestimated when the last dose was going to hit. I've experienced nausea and these effects so many times with kratom you'd think I would have learnt. I found I much preferred when I was very stable and with a routine on it. Last month or so I've been swinging wildly in tolerance and dosages and not really measuring it. The nausea effects that you mention really sound familiar, although I wouldn't crawl to puke, I would just have to stumble into bed and get into the recovery position. Not sure I have ever actually puked from it.

Unfortunately no one here is going to be able to tell you. If you still have some, send it out for testing if you really want to know (somewhere like dancesafe...)

In answer to your other question, yes I would directly contact vendor. You don't know if the girl at the shop really will. It'll ease your mind. Besides, they may even replace it. But also, if it's a "natural" contaminant mentioned like droppings, the company may not even be aware of it.