• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc HELP! I've got one vein on my hand left, nowhere else

TheDownwardSpiral

Greenlighter
So that's not completely true, but I am having problems and thought that might get attention. My hand veins have been good to me for the past few years, but they're slowly going away so I'm trying to find new veins for injecting. My right arm crook is completely dried up. I have *NEVER* used my left arm crook because, well, I can't find the damn thing. I am right handed, is this sort of thing normal, to not be able to hit a non dominant crook? Or to have one arm have a really good crook vein but the other non existent? Ive got a few on my forearm that are nice and fat, but are some rolling ass MFs that are IMPOSSIBLE to hit (I've read about having someone else hold skin in place so it doesn't roll, thats not an option for me). Anyway, my post is mostly concerning about my left arm crook, if anyone thinks there should be SOMETHING there since I've never used it, some tips on getting it up, anything.

P.S. Ive searched and googled for related threads and have done a lot of reading, so just wanted to mention that. Im currently reading the guide on the femoral vein because I really feel like this and my carotid are the only two viable veins left

Every shooter goes down this road, using up veins, until they're shooting into the neck and genitals.. But here's a pro tip: Take a hot bath before you spike up, the hot water will "bring your veins closer to the surface", not really, but itll seem like that, they'll be waaay more visible. Stay safe!

- Hopeless 7nos

When you say you can't find it do you mean when you try to inject into it and can't get a flash, or you can't see it? If you can't see it and have never used it, it's most likely there. I would aim for the area, you know where it should be, and try to get a flash. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean it isn't there. If you can't get it at all there could be other reasons. A collapse from an IV or blood draw gone wrong, birth defect, anything. If you can't see it, you can probably take a blind stab at it, just make sure you register before you shoot.

Just a recommendation but you should not inject on top of your hand. Not really any different from anywhere else, but people at work or in public will definitely take notice and think something strange. Then you are left with track marks in full view of anyone at any time. Now the only upside is that track marks on your hand don't really look like track marks to most people, but while you are shooting and healing, people will absolutely notice.