• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help! Heroin withdrawals and suboxone question! Please help thanks

I took 4 mg of suboxone when I was in extreme withdrawls (12 hours after) And I still feel like complete shit. I knew I wouldn't feel very good but it doesn't seem like it's helping very much. I just dropped another 4 mg because I still feel horrible 5 hours later. Ugh

unfortunately 12 hours is likely not enough time from last time of usage. Prolly why... :( sorry brother hang in there. Use the sub sparringly and if it is helping imagine how you would be feeling without it right now!

dude, it takes a while tl get ajusted to subs - it did for me, because they are partial agonists, you are probly w/d from the receptors not being fully turned on from a full agonist. It took me days to get sub right, but the w/d werent bad. way better than cold turkey deep-freeze

I'm not getting fentyal I know it's heroin. I just get withdrawls pretty quickly because I use a lot, like all day everyday. I don't get withdrawls in only 2 hours though, more like 5-10 hours. When I wake up from sleeping it's pretty bad. First thing I have to do is use. Anyway How long does it take to feel suboxone, how long does it take to be in effect? Also I'm just wondering what does taper mean? Everyone keeps using that word. Also the suboxone I have are strips. It says to dissolve it under your tounge. Interesting. So you sure 8 mg isn't a high enough dose? Most people are telling me 4 mg? So I can only take suboxone once a day? So it lasts 24 hours? Have you ever quit using suboxones? How's the withdrawls? Like what should I expect from your experience. I'm terrified right now at what's about to come. I already used for the last time. I am just waiting for the storm. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I think :/

Yeah, people saying 'doi. err. it must be Fent!' don't understand.. I get ya completely! When I was using heavily and daily.. I had the money to afford it and I was working full time; so I almost always had a morning shot prep'd n ready to go by the time I went to bed, so I'd wake up, lean over and that would be my 'breakfast'. I used frequently, daily - every few hours, up till late at night, sometimes through the night and then early morning.. No sleeping all day and having first shot in the afternoon.. nope, Last shot at night would be 3am, first shot in the morning would be 6am, then work at around 8.30am, using every 3-4hours at work, then after work, rinse and repeat..

As such, I would start to feel really awful as soon as it approached 4-5 hours since my last shot.. Sure, it wasn't acute Withdrawal, utterly nothing like I would feel when 24 hours had elapsed.. But those that use daily (or even less frequently) but not every few hours, like clockwork, day after day, simply don't understand.. If you imagine what it's like to get used to your daily (or twice daily :O ooh ooh) dose, and how it feels to miss it.. Well, believe me and OP; if you get used to a routine, 4-hourly dose and hardly miss one, for time on end and over again.. Well, your body really really dose start going into meltdown as soon as you miss your "regular" dose, don't matter if regular means every 5 hours, every day or every 2nd day.. It's what you get used to, what you habitualise to.

When I dosed like this, if I ran out early (say during my lunch break at 12pm/mid-day) and it got to 4-5pm, I'd often have to leave work early (instead of staying until 6pm+) just because I couldn't mentally function (I work in software development; very brain intensive). I'd leave early, then wait until I scored and got-on, then wrap up my work later, at night when I'd got my dose.

So yes, missing a dose you're used to every 4 hours might not be any where near as sever as going into full-withdrawal.. But it's also a very noticeable, unpleasant state of experience.

I took 4 mg of suboxone when I was in extreme withdrawls (12 hours after) And I still feel like complete shit. I knew I wouldn't feel very good but it doesn't seem like it's helping very much. I just dropped another 4 mg because I still feel horrible 5 hours later. Ugh

You're NOT listening.. We all told you that you'd still feel crap, that no amount would help, to just take 4mg, taking more won't do anything more, just waste it. Then, what do you fucking do?? Take more! Fuck man, you ONLY HAVE 24MG - fucking take as LITTLE as fucking possible.

"I just dropped another 4 mg because I still feel horrible 5 hours later. Ugh"

What a fucking waste. I bet you feel no better after doing that, but now you have 4mg less. You come on here asking for advice, those with long-term addiction and experience give you their advice, myself included and you fucking ignore it.

Listen - you'd feel a fucking million times worse without the suboxone.. Usually when people go onto long-term suboxone, when they switch from heroin, it takes a few days to "stabilise" on subbies, then you start feeling fine.. Well - you aren't going to stabilise, because you have sweet fuck-all suboxone.. Understand this - some people take 32mg daily.. Given the dose of heroin you were on, if you weren't lying about it, I have no doubt you could easily eat all 32mg of the suboxone and STILL feel like shit. That is just that way it is when you transition.

Understand this - you CANNOT just cheat withdrawals completely, in some way - you have to pay the fucking piper. BUT, and this is the big thing - you DO have enough subxone to easily avoid the WORST of your H WDs, but you have to be smart - you have to stretch the suboxone out > 5 days.. Then you'll miss the worst of it. Sub has a super long half life, so after that, when you're out of suboxone, it takes a real while for it to leave your body.. it's like a built in taper.. So, you'll manage to have a much less pronounced/severe WD.. But you gotta be smart, stretch what you have and not be a fucking pussy. You gonna feel shitty, but no where near what you would feel like without the suboxone. Feel thankful for what you have, rather than feeling like a fucking baby, who feels entitled to something.

He might have put himself into precipitated withdrawals idk where he stands right now prolly went out and got more but this is how it works for me and everyone else I know who has done this ..you must wait at least 24hrs since last dose to start subs...you should have taken no more than 2 mgs to see how you feel ..your not gonna feel good but your not gonna be in full blown withdrawals also it takes a while for subs to get into your system so the first three days are going to be crap but I promise you each one of those days you are gonna feel better with each day that passes then on the fourth day you will feel pretty much normal maybe a little crappy but then again the way you are taking the subs you aren't gonna have any by that point and even if you made it that far you aren't going to feel high and I think that is what your expecting ...my advice get more subs take for at least 4 days and get down to doing very little sub 2 mg less if you can cause 2 mg is still a High dose believe it or not and if you can keep that up your going to feel like a normal human being and maybe even wanna get clean .....but if you take subs to long you will be addicted to those so even though I'm an opiate addict who loves the feeling I can admit it's no matter how you look at it ..opiates are a lose lose situation my friend a little more advice seek help ..all of us addicts need a little help it's just a matter if you can admit it ..I've been saying I need help for a while now it's not so bad once you say it but everything I've said is just opinion based on past experiences between my so called friends and I...anyways good luck my dude

3 8 mg suboxone isn't that much....but its more than doctors or most people would have you think. Generally are taking waaaaaaaaay the fuck more suboxone than they actually need. and its one of the few drugs that is actually stronger when you take less.

YES, SUBOXONE WORKS STRONGEST WHEN YOU TAKE LESS (1-2mg).....taking more is a waste. (the reason for this i think has to do with the norbupe/bupe ratios in serum when taking this dose)

2 mg of suboxone gives the strongest opiate like high.. 4 mg or 8 mig won't get you much farther whatsoever in terms of relief.....it might just last a little bit longer....but you're going to stretch your sub out the most by taking only 1 or 2 mg once or twice a day.

maybe the first day or two you might need more....but most people would be surprised how quickly they can taper down to only 0.1 or 0.2 mg of sub and have that little of an amount still keep them feeling not sick. trust me...just try it. I can come off of a horrible heroin dependency and within a few days maintain comfortable on only 0.2 mg of sub a day

Any updates ..? Hope you didn't cave ..I just jumped two weeks ago off a half mg .it still sucked..you are gonna have to do some sacking up.there is easy way out. Just easier ways out

Best sub detox method is the one they gave me my first time in rehab. 6mg for 2 days. 4 mg for 2 dats then finish off with 3 dats at 2mgs. Was the easiest and painless way. It depends on the severity of use this would work for a heavy opiate heroine user for not as serious users start at the 4 mg

Just because you have high opiate tolerance does not me you have a high suboxone tolerance. Always start small even if it's not your first time using subs start at a low dose bc you can always do a pinch more. But once you boot a whole one or drop that whole bitch under your toungue it becomes a hefty gamble on how your body will react. Either instant brutal WDs, or your body might just reject it and you waisted how ever much money you got ripped off for. But with low dose comes best results with this specific drug. Next time just
Give the 2mg a try instead of jumping the scale I bet you'll find results

I forgot in my first post 2 mg every 4-5 hours 3 times a day for the first two days. Then 1 my every 2-3 hours 4 times a day for the next 2 days. Then for the last 3 days 1 mg every 6-8 hours twice daily. Please give this a try heavy opiate users that want there life back. No matter what if you know you don't want to quit using you wont but for those few who want to bounce back that are reading this I promise it just gets better after detox and this remedy is simply to make the only part of getting clean not shitty... Reclaim what's yours people! Goodluck.... Oh and remember relapse is part of recovery. But it doesn't have to be

OK, so i know this most likely has been talked about before somewhere in these threads but i dont have the time to read through it all.... so heres my story. Im a IV H user for the past 4 months. wanting to get off. I went to my doc for a suboxone intake. I waited the full 24 hours and started with 4mg. waited 1/2 hour and took another 4 mg. waited hour took another 4mg. he told me to go walk around, go smoke a cig maybe get some food and come back. my withdrawals had been reduced to just some slight RLS, painful still joints, watery eyes and still had cravings at about a 5 out of 10. Doc said he wanted the cravings at a 3 so he said to take the other 4mg. making it a total of 16mg of sub. i went home, felt ok. still some slight w.d. then cravings took in fully. i took 2 mg kpin. knocked me out for about 2 hours. woke up feeling much more cravings and withdrawal sysmptoms. i went to score some H. slammed about a G and felt great, no euphoria but not WD. went to bed, woke and and took about .5 g of H IV. talked to my doc and told him everything. I still want to be off the dope and I told him that, Ive been very honest with my doc. He said its still fine to take the suboxone even though ive taken the H. Is this true or if i take 2mg of sub will it put my into PW? He says it wont but i worry.... any advice will help, please and thank you