• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Help from UK members needed regarding benzo script possibly being taken off me

Hi. Nice to “meet” you.

I have experience on the topic at hand (due to a variety of factors and for various reasons).

You will be fine eventually I assure you. But it will take time. And remember it’s not a race. And nobody will be judgemental should your taper take longer than most or others.

The Ashton Manual (and its last update) has in fact become the de facto source of reference over the years.

The Ashton Manual

Depending on how interested you are in this then also take a look at the home page which is benzo.org.uk i.e. a lot of additional studies and information and updates on the home page.

if you have any doubts or questions or fears: feel free to note or ask. Also if you need support from those that have experience with these things and have been through it all with these magical meds. then post. Don’t get too anxious about the issue either i.e. they do serve a purpose and are not the “evil” that they are made out to be.
Ok, i wouldnt waste your time if that taper was just a fleeting idea and since IMO drug addiction is merely a problem if supply not guaranteed, i am still doing this. Slowly though, like you said. Not too bad till yet, have upped opies a bit and will even go after a vein, gear fantastic ( very rare), seen too much needles puncturing flesh and scarlet blood flowing back into vein catheders last time in hospital ( not directly drug related) to not get turned on again ( and remembering where there is a deep but good one) they had to find em with ultrasound after decades of i.v ing ( never the groin or dick though). Sleep is fucked as is this post ( sorry bro) as i relapsed just once today with 1.6ml gbl on top of lotsa opies ( oral and insufflated) and its coming NOW strong ( gbl). Awake since 7:36. Benzos down 4 mg ( 2 Rivotril), 600mg phenibut and 40mg diphenhydramin to sleep instead. No problem yet. But body must still have high levels stored so i will keep that dose 4 days and if still getting sleep drop 1-2mg further, depending on how i am. You think thats ok or too slow/ fast?? Reply greatly appreciated!!!
Have a good Day! Gotta STOP now, the " Radler "( lemonade with beer, 2% alc) is making the gbl come too strong now. Luv ys all, BLers!! Greets to deficitI!! And thanx for your (!!!) Help!!!🙂

dalpat 007,you rock!!
( mysunny boy, you too!)
Login not secure, you 2 and that is the coolest BEST name here!! Haha, that name is soo cool!! Just gotta tell ya!

You can get off opiates, some are water soluble, they can be dissolved in water and a little bit taken out with a syringe.
That's how I got off pregabalin.
The Ashton manual is a bit aggressive, it's out of date. Stepped tapers are better than rapid detoxes, however I prefer the daily titration using smaller cuts, its quicker than the stepped taper as once you find your best cut you can "slide off" rather than having to recover after each step.
Benzobuddies can be good but they are peers and they make errors.
I do see you having chance to get off Benzes totally if you do it slowly and safely, I personally preferred daily titration.
PAWS will only be horrible if you come off too quick, or use cuts that are too big.
You've been through childhood trauma, a lot of drug users have, it's a shame. Don't be sorry for rant!!
Message me anytime I will try to look on forum but my email should notify me if I have a pm.
Yes, i could. But Opiates!! No, never want to live without!!! As you guessed, my childhood was very fucked up Thanks to dad cuz thats must be why i got soo in love with Opiates the first time i tried and used em to cope with him. They keep all the crap down the abyss in my brain and i dont have to think bout em. Yeah, should work em up but bleeh, i'n too old for that. Sorry if the gbl is noticeabl hut will WILL fight the benzos!! No surrender 2 them

You can get off opiates, some are water soluble, they can be dissolved in water and a little bit taken out with a syringe.
The Ashton manual is a bit aggressive, it's out of date. Stepped tapers are better than rapid detoxes, however I prefer the daily titration using smaller cuts, its quicker than the stepped taper as once you find your best cut you can "slide off" rather than having to recover after each step.
I do see you having chance to get off Benzes totally if you do it slowly and safely, I personally preferred daily titration.
PAWS will only be horrible if you come off too quick, or use cuts that are too big.
You've been through childhood trauma, a lot of drug users have, it's a shame. Don't be sorry for rant!!
Message me anytime I will try to look on forum but my email should notify me if I have a pm.
Rapid detoxes suuuck and damn!!! You got off a benzo ( and such a beast as alprazolam!!!!)AND Pregabalin ( i heard those are NOT EASY to ride off)??!!! Daamn, if i may i will ask YOU when stuck in the benzos taper, you YOU must really (!!!) know what the fuck you talking about when it comes to tapering off those!! Damn! Respect!!! Never relapsed/ managed to NOT fall back into addiction either?? You can be very proud of that!!!👍😮

3d music! Thanks ALOT!!!

I took klonopin recreationally for maybe ten years before they were prescribed to me.
They were initially prescribed for high blood pressure due to stress. I thought hell yeah.
I’ve had childhood trauma in spades. As an adult, I’ve seen things no one should.
I’ve had EMDR. Therapy and of course psychiatrists.
Now at age 54 I look back and wonder if they were a part of my problem.
They’ve made me numb for so long that I don’t really think I could go without them.
Do I enjoy being numb? Sometimes more than others but I’m honestly wondering if they’ve prevented me from working through things like maybe I should have.
I don’t know but now I’m in chronic pain and have a disease that will probably kill me in a few years.
Is it better to be numb now? Is it better to live with all the extra emotional pain it numbs? This has been my question to myself.
I’m leaning towards staying on them.
Please what is EMDR?

Yes, i could. But Opiates!! No, never want to live without!!! As you guessed, my childhood was very fucked up Thanks to dad cuz thats must be why i got soo in love with Opiates the first time i tried and used em to cope with him. They keep all the crap down the abyss in my brain and i dont have to think bout em. Yeah, should work em up but bleeh, i'n too old for that. Sorry if the gbl is noticeabl hut will WILL fight the benzos!! No surrender 2 them
There are lots of drug addicts who use to deal with abuse that has been un-processed, this can only lead you down a dark path.

They didnt even test me for benzos when ambulance dropped me off as a OD, that was the worst stigma then! ( round 84) The head proff. even brought in his 11y old son to look at me, telling him thats what drugs do to you! I dont remember that, my dear Mum told me after. She slept on the wooden bench for 3days till they were pretty sure i wouldnt die.
They only tested for opies and " yep the bloody bastard is positive so lets let him go CT"). What they didnt know cuz they didnt test for it was that i was ( at that time) eating the old 2mg Rohypnol like smarties, 10 ( a blister) to get up, then brown n others and Nembutal i.v.,Medinox (seco- and cyclobarbital) about 20/ Day and vallies we bought in the German N3 packs = 50/pack.
I was treated so inhumane that i even fear to tell the whole horror! Wont interest anyone anyway but i fear being recognized. Only this:
I was strapped to the bedposts like a prisoner, but managed to TEAR ME OUT CUZ OF HORROR, horrible Horror that was like real like anyone reading this. I once experienced Datura intoxication, like that but worse since i was ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED i was sold for military experiments, panicking so bad to tear 3× through those hospital handcuffs, strapped naked to a bed in intensive care with other people. A dehumanized, hallucinating, sweating, cramping,subhuman wretch.
And they didnt try to ease it for me but make it as terrible as possible! Decades later i was with a sexy Doc ( i nearly dropped my cup when she said she works in that hospital) and she told me thats part of their anti-relapse Programm. I cant do that again!! And a taper?
I have 200 Roche Rivotril here, from Apotheke, Plus 36 Lorazepam ( my 6 Day script) . We talk benzos only yes? The Rivotril is for bad times, but i still take em to strength the MS er 1200mg/Day + brown ( i managed to stop shooting, it is possible, just go through 3 DVT, search hours for veins and have 1 Standard-never the neck ( since my wife died 30.5.20)
and we both never went femoral. So, please excuse my rant- HOW should a taper for me look like?? I was in the Dark Side few years ago. Is there hope for me? A taper over YEARS with constantly in mild WD????
If YOU see something I DONT PLEASE HELP cuz honestly, i think i missed that last train out, so to say! Thanks for everyone who stuck through reading this!!! May you be blessed! No matter your believe!!!
Mo
Did she elaborate on how that is part of the anti relapse program?
There is definitely hope for you, dont ever doubt that
Looking at all the years ahead is overwhelming for anyone, focus on the present, day by day, moment by moment, breath by breath.
The future is not set in stone.
Piece by piece you can replace the pharmalogical solutions with more natural forms of endorphin release.
Start focussing on healthier eating, slowly build an exercise program, even if it is just a short walk each day.
You clearly still have a level of discipline, you stopped shooting, you are capable of more than you know.
Have faith, you still have the ability to grow.

The National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) categorically states that no one should ever be pressured to cease taking a benzodiazepine and when at the request of the patient, should never be stopped abruptly. My wife's old GP tried that shit. She said it was so funny, watching them try to apologise, without admitting liability.

Did she elaborate on how that is part of the anti relapse program?
There is definitely hope for you, dont ever doubt that
Looking at all the years ahead is overwhelming for anyone, focus on the present, day by day, moment by moment, breath by breath.
The future is not set in stone.
Piece by piece you can replace the pharmalogical solutions with more natural forms of endorphin release.
Start focussing on healthier eating, slowly build an exercise program, even if it is just a short walk each day.
You clearly still have a level of discipline, you stopped shooting, you are capable of more than you know.
Have faith, you still have the ability to grow.
That was a great post!!
I thank you, albeit a bit late. Xcuse me.
I hope you made it through Covid and are fine. Have a great Day!!!💯💪

Not that many years ago go perhaps 20-30 years ago go we were giving them out like Candy...
Not even that long ago for some.
I had a gp who literally asked me what I wanted and gave me a script for it whenever I came in. No questions asked.
Then he retired and the new Dr was horrified by how many downers I was on.
That was about 8 years ago.