• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Help - experienced prudent IV user, me, had a strange dirty hit using no cotton and still feeling ill in waves a week later - Dilaudid w/ Sterifilt

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
This covers both HR and opioid use so, mods feel free to correct flags or move to another forum if it is the improper one...

I messed up, a still skateboarding and injuring himself often in his 30's friend of mine often gets some pills. I recovered from heavy Dilaudid IV use and just a look at my profile will tell my story, I was on legit painkillers, low dose percodans or oxycontins (15-20m oxy) daily, doc retired. A year of methadone, 7 of Suboxone, was transferred to the pain clinic by my ORT doc since I didn't mess up at all and my medical history proved I needed painkilling in the trad way and nerve pain way, that I only resorted to shooting up Dillies on the regular because when my doc retired, a couple years later, Oxycontin was removed, the day I left the inpatient ORT with my methadone contract, Health Canada had approved generic oxycontin from 8-9 companies almost right when OxyNeos were released because the OC patent died. I'm now on APO 60mg Oxycodone-CR once every 12 hours. But my friend showed up randomly like he always does, he spends about 4-5 hours sleeping at home and then he's out skating and getting injured now and then. Only reason I got to 32-58mg of Dilaudid IV a day was because of the temp removal of Oxycontins and the OxyIR/Supeudols...well people held to their scripts big time in that period.

So he had some 4mg brand name Dillies, major trigger for me, even more than the 8's, likely because I only got my hands on 8's, and they were generic round ones a couple times, were great, but the brand name yellows were the vehicle of my going to ORT, oral Dilaudid never worked for me, even if I ate 10 1mg pills, had to snort em minimum.

Okay now, he left me 4 of those D4 Purdue dillies even if I said I didn't need em. Well...I had some unopened Sterifilts, syringes, Maxicups, bacteriostatic water...

I shot 3 in the space of 3 weeks. Everything was fine, I wasn't slipping back into loving the prep ritual. But the 4th one....I don't know what happened, I never got a "dirty hit" when using Sterifilts, they don't let material bigger than 0.20 microns in, they're a wonderful, given for free invention unlike wheel filters. But when I shot that last Dilly basically to get rid of all the gear, the generic OC prevents the huge rush that got me hooked on em. Well, what happened was very bizarre.

I registered fine in one hand but when I pushed slowly back in, a small lump formed and I thought "fuck, I don't want to deal with putting my hand under burning hot water from the faucet...better finish the job on my other easy-to-prick vein on my other hand. It had blood from registring in it still, I know that was never a problem as long as you put it back in yourself as quickly as possible so it doesn't coagulate, I registered with what was left in the syringe on my other hand and....bam, I thought I had hit an artery (I didn't, that vein was my main one, the scar from all the use in 2011-2012 is almost gone but will likely be visible forever, slightly), suddenly my heart was pounding, I was dizzy, my breathing was laboured..but then it stopped pretty quickly, had almost no high. It was like a rush gone wrong.

A week later, I often have pain in what seems to be a kidney, the centre of my chest and now really bad headaches. That come and go, but I rarely feel nothing. I've always been the most prudent IV user I've known...but I'm afraid I might have been very unlucky and what nurses can even give you by accident, some sort of internal infection, despite washing my hands for 5 minutes and then using an alcohol pad on both hands, knowing that my awful rolling veins, naturally that way, sometimes have me switch sites...I'm afraid it's endocarditis or a pulmonary emboli...but if it was any of that, the awful bad rush and its symptoms disappearing within 2-3 minutes and then a few days of no seeming sequelea, I'm very confused at could be causing the headaches, mid-back pain on my left side (bad rush second injection with blood from my other hand vein was on the right hand), sometimes chest pain that goes away eventually.

I'm sick of this crap, I wake up this morning a week later now with a headache and what seems like kidney pain, not sure if it is, but I do also have problems feeling like I emptied my bladder completely since then too. I take Mobic (meloxicam) to get rid of the headaches and general malaise on top of the oxycodone-CR and nope...the headache persists in the background, I don't feel the pain but I know it's there and the mid-back pain is awful and my job requires sitting,

I'm pretty pissed off at myself for playing with needles again, but knowing that Sterifilts (which I don't re-use, like the needles, I ask the street workers for one unit of everything that used to be in the IV kits all pharmacies used to give away around here, now only one does and they're the pharmacy in town that gives the methadone+orange juice from the local ORT clinic, I left that pharmacy when I got off Suboxone.

Anyways, what's going on? I had cotton fever/dirty hits before and they were gone after taking aspirin and tylenol at the same time right afterwards. Maybe it's entirely unrelatd...but I fear for myself seriously here...the fact that symptoms go away and that I don't feel like I'm gonna pass out and need to call emergencies tell me its not critical...but I never had a "bad rush", except maybe with high dose morphine shots, the histamine reaction can be something from a well filtered MS IR 30...but not from a 4mg Dilly in a completely sterile kit and a SteriFilt for my needle. The fact it went away so quickly and left me with zero high is bizarre too. Not counterfeit pills either..my friend had his bottle from the pharmacy and he'd never order things online, he's well known enough for his skateboarding that getting painkillers for when he fumbles bad is not a big problem for him, he's been in magazines and shit...

It could just be the other health issue I have acting up, but if it's that, not much can be done about it. The bad hit without cotton fever from a sterifilt filtered brand name dilaudid 4 and the extremely fast heartbeat for a minute is something I never experienced back when I was shooting up 32-58mg a day of Dilaudid, using the crappy little cotton filters in SecuriCups containers because we didn't get SteriFilts for free at the local exchange back then, so thankfully all I could get was dangerous inactive ingredient-free brand name Canadian Purdue Dilaudids...I know the US P4's and such have more crap, our Dx's just have easily filtered away magnesium stearate and anhydrous lactose....

I'm so thoroughly clean when I fuck around like an idiot like this just because I miss the leg-to-head full blown orgasm x100 hydromorphone rush, did I bother doing this...I can't believe that I would have given myself some disease...but even nurses can give you endocarditis by accident when injecting you with something....when should I get worried enough to show up at the ER (my hands don't show any injection sites anymore, something I really wanted to go away before getting any help, no way do I want the pain clinic to know about this stupid error in judgement I had and throw me back at the ORT clinic. I didn't even want those damn dillies, but I said fine whatever, leave me what you want on the kitchen table buddy, I got gear I gotta use from when I still fucked around with needles... If it's my other health issue that I won't discuss here, well, let's say it's gonna be REALLY time for me to get that surgery that I got the green light for over a year ago, but covid messed everything up, nothing's moving regarding that, despite the longer they make me wait, the longer it could turn into something really bad. That goddamn covid that's almost non-existent now in my corner of Canada is a joke and there's no reason to make people wait for important surgeries anymore, not sure there ever was...they continued doing surgeries at the hospital even when they quarantined whole floors because of influenza in the past.

Pretty afraid for myself right here is what's going on...

Do you have a fever? If you have a blood infection, and if it's progressed to endocarditis, you would likely have either a very high temperature or a very low temperature. Once the bacteria form on the (usually tricuspid valve) it becomes very difficult for the body to fight the infection any longer, and things will usually continue to progress.

With those symptoms though, it's probably best to seek medical attention. If it's center chest pain, it's probably not kidney pain.

After a night's sleep, all that is left is a headache and I just remembered that I hit my head pretty hard in a fit of rage, accidentally, when I couldn't find an emergency vet for my cat...that died 12 hours later from hunger since it wasn't able to eat anymore because of some teeth infection. It lived 20 years and a half...so she had a good life for a cat. No more kidney or chest pain...might have been anxiety....but I did do the shot after accidentally hitting the top of my head when I picked up the phone I threw across the kitchen that fell under the table and then hit the top of my head very hard. So much that it felt like when I was playing hockey as a kid and I was old enough that we did body check/cross check each other when I was 18-19.

I don't have a fever, my normal temperature has always been a bit lower than what is considered normal, it's not at 37.5c, typically it's 36.4-36.6c but all nurses that ever did triage me said that wasn't a problem and that some people vary in between 36.3-37.5 and that's not an issue, anything higher than 37.5 always bothers them though. I just checked mine and it's 36.9 right now, so a bit higher than my typical temp....so thanks for the tip..I'll keep an eye on that. I hit my head and did that bad shot on the 1st.

It's pretty weird that the headaches came on strong 2 days ago though, I had forgotten about even hitting my head the next day and the third. I think the chest pain and mid-back pain wasn't internal, likely anxiety for the chest pain and sitting the same non-ergonomic way for a few hours because I'm a few days early out of my bromazepam script. All that and my cat who's been with me more than half my life dying early an hour after midnight on sept 2, when I had found a vet in a town 30 minutes away that could see it the next day.

I might have given myself a small concussion and my heart was already busy pumping hard when that surprise bad hit happened.

as for needles...it's over, finito, if I can't trust a SteriFilt to prevent me from getting a bad hit because I switched spots mid injection...too much trouble for somebody like me who's prescribed generic oxycontin, something pretty rare and am never shooting up oxycodone, it's pointless

Never had a headache persist over naproxen and tylenol from hitting my head 5 days earlier though....so all that combined and that health issue I won't discuss for now until I see my doc in the middle of this month, it's nothing related to the heart or brain or circulatory system though..I haven't lost any mental abilities either (I'm talking to you and the whole place in my second language right now), so until I see those bloodwork results and have my GP push for that surgery I need since a long time, I won't take that in consideration for what's happening right now....the 3 other dilaudid shots were perfectly filtered and gave me some flare-up pain relief that was going over the oxycodone, I am just pretty troubled by what happened with that fourth shot..never was a problem when I was an addict without a doctor to switch spots when I had blood from registering left in the syringe, it's not like I waited 2 hours in between deciding I should switch.

If the headache persists through the night, I'll go to the damn ER, I just don't feel like wearing the north american burka for 8 hours. I know it's related to where I hit my head because the area is tender to the touch still, less so than a day or two after, but it is. The track marks on my hands are gone now so I don't fear being seen by a nurse or doc too.

Have a good day. It's really a bad time for crap like this to happen, today's my brother's birthday and I gotta/want to go eat with the family at least.

If it's my other health issue that I won't discuss here, well, let's say it's gonna be REALLY time for me to get that surgery that I got the green light for over a year ago, but covid messed everything up, nothing's moving regarding that, despite the longer they make me wait, the longer it could turn into something really bad. That goddamn covid that's almost non-existent now in my corner of Canada is a joke and there's no reason to make people wait for important surgeries anymore, not sure there ever was...they continued doing surgeries at the hospital even when they quarantined whole floors because of influenza in the past.

Pretty afraid for myself right here is what's going on...

I do have something to say about this. I can absolutely confirm what a fucking joke the medical system has become for a lot of people since COVID hit. I understand that there is a pandemic and the numbers were higher when this was happening a 3 months ago now, but it's inexcusable how far everything BUT covid is set aside in any case.

Late May / Start of June I had this sequence of events over a span of a few weeks

Pinkeye, right eye
burns when peeing
bloody blisters bubbling up and bursting by the dozen over the span of a night all in my mouth
realized there were stones caught in my dick, I'm assuming bladder not kidney stones because no lower back pain
bleed when peeing
throat swells up with blisters too, burst and cough up blood when coughing
ears and nostrils, bloody blisters
bloody blisters on my dick
in the fucking ass too, major blood when shitting now
fever
malaise
pinkeye now on left eye as well

It was fucked, fucked, fucked and on my 5th emergency room visit my heart happened to be beating 250BPM on the machine and my blood pressure was LOWER than usual. Being sick and still using crystal and alcohol the first 4 times I showed up the reading was always about 120BPM and 145/105 or so. THe 5th time I was 250 (highest machine can register so over 250) and BP was 125/80 or something like that. I felt nothing unusual. I actually felt very calm, like I could go to sleep kind of thing. Now that my readings are so astronomically out of this world comparatively to my "normal" condition I was worried though.

What is the hospital going to do? Rush me into a room and run ECG/EKG and benzoes to bring me down immediately? Put me on a heart monitor? Regular checks to make sure I'm not dead between one minute and the next?

No, absolutely nothing. I was left in the waiting room for two hours with absolutely no check, no button, no monitor, nothing. I was put in a room with 3 empty beds by myself, a swab was taken of my throat and bloodwork taken. I was left alone for several hours and wound up sleeping until I was told that the bloodwork wouldnt be back for SEVEN DAYS and to come back in seven days on the next Tuesday! I left that hospital so pissed off man.

I continued to get worse for about a week or two after that until eventually it all just cleared up, just like that. Within a few days I went from having the conversation with my dad seriously about how were not going to tell my 12 and 10 year old brother and sister about my condition so there's less stress on them in case I die, to just fuckin fine. Bloodwork came back, nothing exciting in the bacterial realm, negative for all STIs, the specific virus was not identified.

I do have a rheumatologist appt on Tuesday morning so I can be screened for autoimmune disease. One doctor did figure out enough about me to make that referral and it's good because in all my research, hours and hours painstakingly researching and making deductions on what this may have been the only answer is Viral Conjunctivitis (known) caused by an adenovirus such as Cocsackie virus in combination with autoimmune disease (e.g. dermatitis which I 100% have inherited from my dad though I'm until Tuesday undiagnosed, and he is being screened for lupus as well because he's had a major breakout this year too) and exacerbated by the drug and alcohol abuse. I cannot prove the adenovirus part of it ever and not the autoimmune disease (yet) but if I took you down the whole timeline and the line of logic I've taken, you'd see why I think it's a pretty good guess. It adds up very well, and it's one of the only things I wasnt drawn blood on.

Anyway, the hospitals useless. I've honestly had more luck with medications, referrals, figuring things out talking to doctors online this year on Babylon by Telus Health (free doctor visit OHIP covered) than I ever have in a hospital and I've been in the hospital many, many times this year. Fucking covid wrecked the inpatient shit but over the 'net isn't too bad nowadays and I hope that part if it stays this way.

Be wary of the hospital, seriously. It is being run by fucking clowns.

What is the hospital going to do? Rush me into a room and run ECG/EKG and benzoes to bring me down immediately? Put me on a heart monitor? Regular checks to make sure I'm not dead between one minute and the next?

They did no ECG with a 250 bpm heart rate? That would be severe negligence, for sure. I have to agree, the medical industry has some severe flaws.

Alright, as for now, the area where I hurt my head's area tender to the touch has become smaller. I know it sounds silly but I really hurt it hard when getting back up on the metal parts under my kitchen table, so much so, I felt stunned for a little while.

It still doesn't explain the zero positive effect shot of the last Dilaudid, where my only error was changing sites mid-injection when I thought I had slipped the syringe out of my vein when a small bump showed up (but went away right after putting pressure with the piece of gauze in the Maxicup , so I should have just slowly shot it all there and not bring blood from one side of my body to the other, because I had registered very successfully), but I didn't wait 30 minutes to finish the shot, maybe 2 minutes until I found a good spot on my other hand, but when I injected the remaining bacteriostatic water, hydromorphone and blood, it's when I got the dirty-hit feeling, at least with the about 180-190 bpm for a minute (that feels like forever when it's going that fast) and trouble breathing for 5 mins, had to take a hit from my Symbicort inhaler.

I was and still am in emotional pain from losing the best animal friend I ever had, despite having the best girlfriend in my life since 2012, that cat was with me since 20 years 1/2. I didn't feel any physical issues, but I often told her in my darkest moments (yeah I spoke to my cat,it did understand how I felt for sure, when it was fed to its satisfaction) that if I was to leave this world, it would be after she leaves....sure that was when I was single in my 20's and in a bad place. So sept 2-3, I only was in emotional pain from her dying 12 hours before I could get her to a vet to treat that infection in her mouth and get some liquid food while it was healing, I could've kept her at least for the rest of summer and maybe one last winter, I would have asked for painkillers for her back legs arthritis, I was ready to pay the ridiculous price vets charge, especially for an emergency, cats can't nsaids, so at least some prednisone or Vetergesic (the name for Buprenex in Canada, bupe for cats for pain). But then since September 4th, physical effects show up and I keep wondering what caused that strange reaction to that "dirty" shot, it wasn't a real dirty shot, I used a SteriFilt, no cotton, not the lame little one from the sterile Maxicups box or any other cotton, so it didn't turn into the awful mess that is cotton fever, I remember giving myself that twice in the same night once back in 2012 while waiting to go to the ORT inpatient, I had to wait a month when I had enough of throwing all my money on Dillies...

So, today, symptoms are slight tremor in my legs and arms and still some chest pain that doesn't last long/goes away after taking a hit of Symbicort and a feeling like my head is in a vice-grip, like if I had too much cerebrospinal fluid around my brain....so maybe giving myself a small concussion from hurting my head. Some strange heartbeats but I've had that forever, I don't bother with it, had too many EKG's and one ECG (in 2007) and I was always fine. I think that if I had some infection in my blood or heart I'd be in no position to post this right now, right? Sepsis or endocarditis that I would have gotten on Sept 1st from that bad shot, I don't think I would still be able to do much of anything a week later now, right? I do feel ill though, and I actually did get something that could've been covid or rhinovirus or whatever in late June/early July, that lasted 16 days, it stopped when I remembered I had some astaxanthin 12mg I had bought for post-exercise recuperation, it stopped whatever it is I got that made my left foot hurt and my nose crusting on the outside but not inside and spitting a lot of crap that had no colour and pretty low body temp especially when waking up, had no infection, at least bacterial and it went away 4 days after taking the astaxanthin gels, that stuff is miracle to help heal. from many things if you look it up. So whatever it is I had, I'm trying to get rid of it with what I got left of astaxanthin right now, once I get my bromazepam, we all know how having no benzos all of a sudden can make you feel like you have cancer,etizolam has never helped me very much, it does a little, but until I got my benzos back later today, I'm gonna wait on the astaxanthin and remain vigilant. If anybody has an idea of what could have happened with that "dirty shot", please drop your ideas, I've had pretty crazy rushes from shooting up 30mg of morphine at once, where my heart did beat faster for a little while and felt almost like a shock, maybe the no rush is because of the 60mg oxycodone-CR I take every 12 hours? The 3 other Dilaudid 4mg shots I did before that one, i noticed how I didn't get the better-than-orgasm from toe to brain rush, I felt it in my legs and arms but never up to my head which made it such an opi-crack for me way back..Any help appreciated, I got a doc appointment next week so, if it remains in this moderate intensity but very strange state for me, I'll only speak about cracking my head under the kitchen table and symptoms since then.

Alex_1991's post

Damn, Alex_1991, you've had it tough too. That's messed up. I had to go to the ER because of a tooth filling I had to get the day almost everything shutdown in QC province, so I spent 4 months with a molar that had a huge crack in it, no matter how well I brushed my teeth and used those easy to use little floss things with a grip, I ended up with gums looking like they were red wine in colour, very bad gingivitis, my dentist came back when everything pretty much reopened and we weren't forced to wear cloth masks with their 20 micron pores that do not stop viruses from getting in or out from you anywhere, that didn't last long despite the stats...June 26th to August 1st, but I was camping and out of town on June 26th when they dutifully called back. Their answering machine said to go to the largest hospital in my town, we have 3, that they have an emergency dentist while he was taking 2 weeks vacation in late July. Despite there being almost nobody at the ER, they were only 2 nurses at triage, covid is not an issue here, but they have reduced staff anyway...it's all very nonsensical. I was in very deep pain that was going right through the oxycodone. It was the slowest triage I had ever witnessed at that hospital, I had seen much faster service after giving my name and health card before, so I told them, "the hell is going on? Been sitting 30 minutes in the waiting room, haven't been called to admission or triage yet, usually I'm sent to admission right away, Despite telling them I felt like a dentist drill was going in my mouth without anaesthesia intermittently and that the pain was unbearable...they had me wait about 45 minutes for triage, then she was acting very annoyed with me being there not for something flu-like, then she tried to call the emergency dentist...well he wasn't at work that day, which even surprised her. So I saw a regular doctor, the doctor was great though, he understood i needed a filling since March and that I had bad gingivitis that could turn into something much worse if not treated, left the place 15 minutes later with a script for Penicillin,Statex 10mg (morphine IR, didn't tell him about my oxycodone-CR script...I rather not tell ER docs about that, some will not treat you correctly if you are a pain clinic patient, although I think that one would have been ok) and some Naproxen 500mg, the whole gamut and he did heal my mouth, had pink gums a week into treatment, and the Statex 10s, well, I took enough orally so that it helped, oxy and morphine being my 2 favourites opiates for fun and painkilling so...

I only was there one hour, because obviously I made them aware I was in intolerable pain, it felt like electric shocks in my mouth and a drill at once, the nurse when she took my temp had one result of 37.5 and two of 37.7 and it seems like its what she cared the most about, I told her, I don't feel feverish, maybe it's because I got an infection...that's exactly what the doctor said. She also said "I'm sure it would be much higher if I was to take it rectally", I made sure to tell her that was not going to happen and that it wasn't the 1970's lol. She resigned only when she called for the emergency dentist and was told he/she wasn't there that day. They threw so much money we didn't ask for at us in March that they're cutting service in everything else...something strange is afoot. And I'm no retarded QAnoner...I wonder why those even exist in Canada, same as Trump God Emperor believers....by now if you think he's some saviour of anything but himself you need psychiatric help lmao. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your furry friend! I can relate, my cat Amber was with me for 17.5 years and probably would have had a few more in her if it wasn't for diabetes. She lived with my parents after I moved in with my now wife, and going there twice a day to give her insulin or paying someone from Rover to inject her got to be too much physically, emotionally and financially. In the end I had to have her put down, but I can look back now and appreciate the time we had together. Since losing her two years ago I've also lost first my mom and then a year ago my dad, so it's been a rough time.

I know it's easy to beat ourselves up over not doing more for our furrbabies, but take comfort in the fact that she had a great, long life and that she'll always live on in your memories!

I think that if I had some infection in my blood or heart I'd be in no position to post this right now, right? Sepsis or endocarditis that I would have gotten on Sept 1st from that bad shot, I don't think I would still be able to do much of anything a week later now, right?

It doesn't happen that fast. You can have a bacterial or fungal blood infection which can infect one of your heart's valves without becoming septic, to begin with. You could have a blood infection for weeks prior to it infecting a heart valve, and could technically never infect a heart valve for it to become endocarditis, either. You can't have endocarditis (for what we're discussing) without the blood infection, prior. Severe temperature rises or drops would be a likely indicator that your brain is raising (or in some cases, lowering) the temperature of your blood to fight the infection. Without that, it's very unlikely you have a blood infection, as your body will do that almost immediately. But, yes, if you had sepsis, you wouldn't have the cognitive function to post as well as you are right now (I've been septic three times, it's not something that can be missed.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. So although that no-high bad-rush dilaudid shot from a sterile-as-can-be and filtered-as-well-as-can-be pill felt awful, it's true I felt normal for 2 days other than for the emotional pain of having my cat die of hunger, sleeping in front of her food bowl at the end, unable to eat due to the infection, 12 hours later I had an emergency appointment for her as she had dramatically lost weight in a week....I wasn't able to put her in the hole I dug in the ground, my girlfriend did.

So, probably slight concussion symptoms are what's going on...along with that other thing I need surgery for being dragged because "virus"...this ain't NYC, it's not even Montreal here, nobody dies of covid at all...if that's what's going on and I get some cancer out of this, I'll be suing their ass off, we'll see in the middle of the month what my doctor has to say after examination and telling me about my bloodwork I took August 31st. They have the results, but he's doing palliative care half the time now, he doesn't have many regular patients anymore so I didn't get any call about it. But I can feel that this surgery has to happen, it's been a year and 2 months of waiting now, there's nothing justifying this.

Me, Mr.Cautious who never shot anything without a SteriFilt once they showed up at exchange, especially for pharma pills, even the pretty safe ones like Dillies or Statex IR morphines (magnesium stearate and anhydrous lactose were easily taken out by even the cotton inside Maxicups back when I was left behind by the system, for the first time. I won't be letting them get away with it and tomorrow I will be calling many places I know that can help bring that surgery quicker to me, Regional Health Administration which is the system over the hospitals in my town...they helped me get an ultrasound that was taking forever to happen before. It would have been quite insult to injury to give myself some infection by shooting up dillies because I wanted to get rid of all injection gear I had left.

What do you suggest? I can't just go to the ER or tell my doc next week "I think I may have endocarditis". He knows my education but also knows my history, he will ask why would I think that could be possible....As for my temperature...it's normal, no fever or anything close to hypothermia, only one morning did I have slightly low temp, I keep my thermometer next to me on my office desk and keep checking...I think it's that health problem needing surgery + what might be a slight concussion that is making me feel this kind of malaise right now. Thank god I have my Oxy-CR 60's, I bet I would be in a world of hurt from what I need to have removed from me. Maybe I got no high because I developed a quick tolerance to the hydromorph my friend left me and that last shot, well, I didn't feel it and only felt the histamine reaction? I know it's nothing like covid anyways, no cough, no sniffles, no flu-like anything, I need to hit my Symbicort inhaler but that's a constant thing...asthma, which is worse in spring and end of summer/fall usually, which is normal.

I can't believe my anger at vets close-by having no place or time for my cat though, we used to joke that you can wait 12 hours at the ER when having the flu and infections coming with it, but calling a vet for your pet was instant care...well not anymore it seems, I bet some covid BS is causing this; is what caused me to throw that cordless phone from my livingroom to the kitchen in anger and as I went to get it back, I stunned myself real bad. I was in a panic, a warranted one to help a living non-human animal, would be adding to my physical turmoil by getting a concussion in the most ridiculous manner possible, reminds me of Walt in Breaking Bad and that running joke that happened at least once every season where he hit his head really hard as Skyler was scolding him on his answering machine heh.

What do you suggest? I can't just go to the ER or tell my doc next week "I think I may have endocarditis". He knows my education but also knows my history, he will ask why would I think that could be possible....

Unless you have high or low temperature and no signs of illness, they won't do blood cultures to test for blood infection. If you were to state your concern about endocarditis with zero symptoms of it, that would send off 100 alarm bells to anyone about the underlying reason for the concern. You can also check to see if you have TR (tricuspid regurgitation) if it would set your mind at ease, just exhale and squeeze your muscles like you're having a bowel movement and look at the right side of your neck - if there is regurgitation (and there could be other reasons besides endocarditis alone, but if you've otherwise had good cardiovascular health there shouldn't be) then your right external jugular vein will visibly pulsate rapidly. I'll add here to prevent confusion, if you see a deeper and normal rhythmic pulsing, that's your external carotid artery and that's perfectly normal.

I'd say your only true concern is concussion or something related to the blow to your head, unless actual new symptoms present to suggest otherwise. However, it is still worthy to seek medical attention.

Last edited:
I would 100% recommend seeing a medic professional. This could be nothing, but it also could be something like a serious internal infection and you're going through bouts of "fight/relax" in terms of your body's immune response. Like a fever.

People like us do indeed get shit like infections of the heart and vascular system in general and even if they do find it and diagnose it, it could still be too late.

Please get checked out. The chronic on/off nature of this thing is what I find a little worrisome. I'm praying for your health man.

It's been stable since 2 days when the headache where I hit my head real bad have stopped...only one morning last week now did I have slightly low temp. 2 days in a row now with no chest pain or back pain...I'm seeing my doc on the 16th...so I'll tell him about symptoms if any resurface or persist, but I won't be going to "hey man, I think I got endocarditis". My pulse and pressure are good too...thank you for your concern though, I may not be around BL as often as in the 00's or early '10s but you guys are still the one place I know my questions will be considered no matter what.

If the chest pains ever come back I'll be sure to tell, otherwise, not feeling anywhere like when the day before I started this thread. The thing I need surgery for is a lot more bothersome, but I had some progress to be seen again by the surgeon for examination...so my priority might be pushed up...which is very important to me, been fighting for that surgery since 2015, first surgeon said I was too fat and very abruptly shut me down, the other one also said that, but also said that if I was to lose weight she would do it, well, I lost 75 pounds from 14 months of daily stationary bicycle with some hardcore and some thrash metal to motivate me and, well, now it's only the covid scam that caused me not to get surgery this spring, 92k surgeries were pushed back...and thus for no absolutely no valid reason, I learned today :

Yes, the 4th pill (and 4th shot) was very weird, it was as clean and as steri-filtered as possible, I had a type of reaction that I associate more with morphine IV, feeling a big histamine release before the high sets in, but, I'm on 120mg of oxycodone daily, I guess I'd need 6-8mg of hydromorph at once to really get a rush that feels good like back in 2012 when I was shooting it up all day to 52-58mg sometimes, the lack of any effects after the bad rush, well, it's like it used to be even back then, dilaudid IV is like crack, you get 10-15 minutes of a high/painkilling, it's all about the rush, and after 3 4mg shots...I think my body is too flooded by oxycodone to care for what little post-rush effects hydromorphone has when IV'd. I also worry about my health, but it's the thing I need surgery for and then have everything that gets removed from the surgery analyzed to get a clear idea of where I'm going. I'm positive I didn't fuck myself up with my ultra prudent ways of shooting up one of the safest pill to filter with something like a SteriFilt away the 2 forgettable inactives, they were brand name, no microcrystalline cellulose like if they were PMS-Hydromorphone, and even if it had been that, the SteriFilts do not let in anything larger than 0.2 microns. So I'm done being paranoid about that final shot of pills I should have just thrown into my stash of stuff I just collect. I think I'll be fine regarding that, short to mid term, being seen by the surgeon again is a VERY good thing...so, mind at ease guys :)

https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...erestimation/7ACD87D8FD2237285EB667BB28DCC6E9

https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...s_in_coronavirus_mortality_overestimation.pdf

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/500000-covid19-math-mistake-panic

What bothers me greatly is that this came out in early-mid August, it's hushed down, ridiculous measures almost everywhere, not so much here, but our whole world was destroyed for no reason, alcoholism, drug abuse, suicide among high school kids has never been higher...because of bad math by those who declared doom on march 11th in the US and march 13th here. At least we have a constitution, charter of rights and freedoms and we're a confederation here, no central federal government that can be fascistic for ridiculous, insignificant statistically number of deaths in Melbourne (pop similar to Montreal) where there's huge fines, 8 pm curfews... etc...Oz and NZ have no Constitution, they're at the mercy of parliament, they don't even have a real flag, the fascism over nothing down there is spectacular and very sad.

Hey everybody who bothered checking on me. I'm fine. Got some penicilin for 10 days for a much exaggerated sore throat in case I needed something to clean me all up, 10 days 300mg every 12 hours. But I think it wasn't anything physical, at least directly, it might seem silly, but broken heart syndrome is a real thing, see Ross Ulbricht's mother who had a heart attack from Ross being framed for a lot of things and made double life prisoner with no chance of parole. I just lost a cat that with me since 2 weeks after I finished high school up to 2 weeks ago, got it when it was 4-5 months old at my birthday in 2000 and I had to dig her a grave in the backyard and that burning pain in the front of one's chest...I heard about it,but I never lost anybody except for a friend who came home at the end of a spring semester getting ready to come back to our hometown the next day, got real drunk while boiling some oil to cook some fries at 4 AM and he died of CO poisoning because he passed out before he even had the time to put in the fries, the sack was out next to the oven so it wasn't suicide, nobody thought so anyway, I doubt it was either. I didn't get that back then, he was a good friend but only had been a solid one since a year, it's with him that I ordered shroom spores and grew some for the first time and he was the most fun guy to trip with, but I was 19 or so, and it wasn't family, like my cat heh.

Never lost anybody except for my paternal grandfather but my father and my uncle and aunts on that side avoided him, he drank himself to brain damage and bladder cancer, surprising he lived up to 72, but nobody was crying at the funeral, not even my great-uncles and such, he was the black sheep, thankfully alcoholism skips a few generations. My other grandparents were dead before I was born. So I'm lucky in a way, but yep, I might have tripped myself out with that no effect all histamine-reaction feeling shot, and then all that chest pain was psychological but strong enough to actually feel very physical, I'm still grieving a bit. My girlfriend got us a new cat, a male, totally different kind, he's an expensive type, but got it for free because the owner had another cat before it and they would fight a lot and well, only will have to neuter and spay. Thanks to my gf/fiancee now since a while and that new one I like, helps out with the grief, I don't remember cats are so damn energetic when 6 months old, my old small lady at 20 1/2 loved to sit on a lawn chair outside taking some sun and eating and that was it since a decade pretty much lol.

Also, that surgery thing, I called to get seen by the surgeon again so that she could see that things need to be done. Of course I was given the : "as long as I don't know you have cancer, cases like you are at the bottom of the list, but you've been waiting for a long time now, 5 years if you count the first surgeon who refused to perform surgery because you were too fat." Well I lost 80 pounds from that damn methadone that made me swell 100 pounds in 11 months when I started ORT, after that Suboxone's lemon and lime fillers destroyed my perfect dentition..one of the few things I was told were perfect about this shell on me, now all of em have fillings, at least they stopped needing so much care once I was switched to oxy-CR 60mg at the pain clinic and left the ORT as I was a recognized pain patient, a junkie as per the circumstances of being abandoned by a system that has no face or emotion, it's not personal, but we can't get you a new doc until one accepts a new patient and back then they didn't put you on a list in 2012 to find a new doc for your meds, you were left out in the cold. Never would have messed with needles had I had my oxycodone, in the quantity I needed back then too...much less of an obligatory large addiction (120mg a day nowadays, back then 3-4 Percodans a day, so 4.86mg of oxycodone x3 or 4 a day and 325mg Aspirin all I needed), so this situation wouldn't have happened if my only option was black market pharms and when that became too expensive, last resort methadone no to feel sick and unfortunately I learned quick that about over 40mg methadone stops giving you any sort of high when you get used to it, very fast, the medium strength high it provides, that I was acquainted with by my cousin who has fibromyalgia and some back disks problems, she has a Metadol script, 10mg methadone pills for pain every 12 hours, so she helped me a few times when dopesick was okay, better than oral morphine or dilaudid, I get more out of large doses of codeine orally than those, it seems no doctor understands that, or the few that do, love to script hydromorphone because it's so weak orally and maybe 500 people shoot up in this town, opioids anyways, bet there's a ton of d-bags who shoot up street meth pills.

I didn't abuse her generosity though, she needed painkillers when 14-15 for those back and nerve problems. But I was really just turned into a sugar craving food addict when I got up to 60mg. Stayed there and when bloodwork showed that it messed up my testosterone and cortisol...I got to think, why don't they just do the MS Contin/Kadian/M-Eslon whatever extended release oral morphine treatment, it's way more effective and it doesn't mess with so many people's hormonal system, which is already under attack from outside pollutants with forever industrial chemicals because people wanted non-stick pans and saran wrap that act like oestrogen. The number of people of my generation who are in their mid-late 30's with hormonal issues is crazy...it might explain all those kids who think they're something they're not so early....when sex is something that is supposed to be a disgusting thought...even kissing a girl before you're 10...it should be a sickening thought for most little boys, nevermind wanting to destroy their puberty with chemicals... But what do I know, I thought I had endocarditis from feeling true actual grief...never had that feeling before...I wish it doesn't come back for a LONG time.

Last edited:
I have a question. So I have a bunch of suboxone strips for rainy day needs and I thought I wasn't going to be able to get some black today so I did about 3 strips today to get well and not too long after I already took the strips my buddy came through and gave me a gram of some H, so how long do I wait to do the black? Is it bad to mix? Will I just be wasting it? Should I wait a few days before I do the heroin?

If it's like shooting up morphine, which it's pretty close to, depends, if you had 2-4mg, I guess you can wait until late the next day and it should work, the blocking is really only full blown pain-in-the-ass when you dose suboxone everyday, the dose stacking etc.

I guess you posted this due to my experience, but I only saw heroin once, brown #3 and my friends were smoking it, I had a "puff", I already had a huge supply of oxys and hydromorphcontins so I didn't bother "going there", it's pretty rare all around in eastern can.

I have a question. So I have a bunch of suboxone strips for rainy day needs and I thought I wasn't going to be able to get some black today so I did about 3 strips today to get well and not too long after I already took the strips my buddy came through and gave me a gram of some H, so how long do I wait to do the black? Is it bad to mix? Will I just be wasting it? Should I wait a few days before I do the heroin?

If you took 3 strips you're gonna have to wait at least 4 days to fully feel the heroin.

^ Agreed. If the strips were 8 mg strips and you took three, you'll still have about a 25 percent mu-opioid receptor blockade at 72 hours since last dose, where you could feel it still but it would still be reduced. At four days you would have minimal blockade left.

Osmotic laxative will be your friend. Do you have movicol where you live? Definitely something that anyone on opioids should have and should be taking every week. It’s absolutely essential and it’s procedure for a dr to prescribe an osmotic laxative anytime a opioid is prescribed where I’m from.
You need to ensure you’re getting enough water too.
Don’t be eating excess fibre as it just makes a bad thing worse.

oh hm, that should be in another thread, sorry about that. deleting and moving to Canadian Opiate Users.

@PrincessDiz

Relaxa is just that, you dissolve powder of polyethylene glycol in juice or a softdrink of whatever, it's tasteless. Sometimes I've had PegLyte which is the same, but also contains electrolytes, but it tastes really bad because of those minerals. I think sodium docaste is an stool softener also. You should repost this in the Canadian Opioid User thread, I was mistaken when I posted this here, I'm out of glasses, they're at the optometrist while they're making me new lenses, the contact lenses I have are past their time so reading right now is awful, didn't use to have the opposite of nearsightedness, but now that I do,I fucked up when looking at my history and posted this here. Thanks. Please mods, close this thread. The issue within this is resolved since a few days after I made the OP.

Last edited: