• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Help coming down from ecstacy

Raen_Targaryen

Greenlighter
So I was wondering if anyone had any tips managing anxiety when coming down from ecstacy and how long after taking it can I expect symptoms of the come down to stop

day 3 after mdma use is usually the worst day, full recovery generally in 3 months if you didnt abuse it. Smoke weed if you can, if it makes you anxious, smoke less.

I’m always good after 3 days but use conservatively. 5HTP + green tea extract and St Johns wort (minimum 24 hours post roll) helps as well

When you say anxiety on the comedown I presume you mean whilst your still up - benzodiazepines smooth out and cheer it all up. Next days generally good - then around 3-4 days later one hits a day or two of real depression

My comedowns are very predictable:

Day 1 - so sleepy!
Day 2 - crying at TV adverts.
Day 3 - Massive anxiety and self doubt
Day 4 - Bad mood, likely to rage about anything!
Day 5 - Pretty much ok.

Personally I haven't found a way to fix it, BUT, when I feel this way, I take a second to remember that it isn't real, this isn't how I would normally feel. Take a moment, breathe, do I need to react this way? The best way to deal with a comedown is learning to recognise the patterns in your thoughts and try and cut them off. Probably a bit like how Cognitive Behavioural Therapy works.