• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Help, BP 160/110, chest pain. Go to emergency?

Beings

Bluelighter
Took 35mg of dexedrine at 7 hours ago.
4 hours ago got burning sensation/tightness under my left lowest rib in the chest. Did the mistake of taking my blood pressure 166/96

Started freaking out, took GHB 2 hours ago, BP went to 166/110. Been around there ever sense. Now at 159/105, Heart rate 62.

Can either take lorazepam to calm the hell down or go to emerge, its close.

Normally my BP on amphetamines is around 160/90.

Sounds like your main oroblem is anxiety. You said it yourself that taking your own BP was a mistake.. Probably because it freaked you out further. Take the ativan and see where you're at in an hour or two. Your BP is not where it needs to be to constitute a medical emergency... And not only is it not skyrocketing. Its in fact going down before you've even taken the ativan.

Chill out, you're fine :)

Sounds like your main oroblem is anxiety. You said it yourself that taking your own BP was a mistake.. Probably because it freaked you out further. Take the ativan and see where you're at in an hour or two. Your BP is not where it needs to be to constitute a medical emergency... And not only is it not skyrocketing. Its in fact going down before you've even taken the ativan.

Chill out, you're fine :)

I don't know how high your BP needs to be to constitute a medical emergency but 160/110 is pretty fucking high for resting BP and chest pains to go along with it aren't great even though it COULD be a panic attack exacerbated by Dexedrine you sound a little TOO sure for someone who isn't a doctor that this is no big deal.

What level of BP DOES constitute a medical emergency??

Do you know FOR SURE??

OP: I don't want to worry you but if you ARE concerned you might want to go to the ER.

I'd take the Lorazapam and see if it goes down.

Why did you take GHB??

Was that to try to lower it??

Chase_in_56ace: Why are you SO sure taking his BP was a "mistake"??

I know I get anxiety over mine and the anxiety would make it go up most likely BUT there are cases where knowing what it is could be a GOOD thing to alert you to go to the ER.

On a different note I was entirely unaware someone's pulse rate could be as low as 62 while their BP was that high and that concerns ME cause there are times I took my pulse rate on stims and it was in the lower 90s and I figured no big deal but I guess that still is no true indicator of how high my BP was.

Sounds like you have high levels of anxiety, which is linked to high blood pressure.

Amphetamines raise your blood pressure.

Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I mean it PROBABLY isn't.

I don't want to worry the OP as I get TOTALLY freaked about the same thing even SOBER and also like stims.

I like Dex too but NEVER take more than 5mgs so 35mgs is a LOT depending on tolerance.

This thread can probably be closed now. Thanks for advice everyone.

158/98 now, chest tightness is gone. I feel stupid for checking BP while on stims, I always freak out then it is a feedback loop. Hard to ignore tho, when you have chest pain.

Mycophile, I've been taking dex once a week for many years, 35 is not that much for me, nor do I normally get nasty sideeffects.

I don't know how high your BP needs to be to constitute a medical emergency but 160/110 is pretty fucking high for resting BP and chest pains to go along with it aren't great even though it COULD be a panic attack exacerbated by Dexedrine you sound a little TOO sure for someone who isn't a doctor that this is no big deal.

What level of BP DOES constitute a medical emergency??

Do you know FOR SURE??

OP: I don't want to worry you but if you ARE concerned you might want to go to the ER.

I'd take the Lorazapam and see if it goes down.

Why did you take GHB??

Was that to try to lower it??

Chase_in_56ace: Why are you SO sure taking his BP was a "mistake"??

I know I get anxiety over mine and the anxiety would make it go up most likely BUT there are cases where knowing what it is could be a GOOD thing to alert you to go to the ER.

On a different note I was entirely unaware someone's pulse rate could be as low as 62 while their BP was that high and that concerns ME cause there are times I took my pulse rate on stims and it was in the lower 90s and I figured no big deal but I guess that still is no true indicator of how high my BP was.

Usually 180/110 is a medical emergency im sure of that as much as I can be without being a medical professional and offering unsolicited professional medical advice which I have no intention of doing. I was only saying the OP had pointed to taking his own BP as being a mistake because it spiked his anxiety levels further, pointing to anxiety as the likely culprit to begin with