• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

HELP!!! am i in trouble?

Noctis

Bluelighter
i passed out after drinking pod tea around 7pm, and woke up at 8:12 pm with a completely dead arm (no feeling in hand or forearm, could not extend arm past elbow or fingers beyond their flaccid pendulum), it took me about 45 seconds to one minute of shaking my entire arm to get limited control back, and i was able to move everything about 2 minutes after waking.

all the veins in my arms were traced on the heigth of my skin, and my arm was a deep red (almost splotchy, fingernails a deeper red than on my other hand). it is now 2 hours later and i can move everything, but my arm/muscles are still sore, and ring and pinky finger feel weaker. my nurse grandmother told me their would be no permanent damage as i can feel my fingertips.

do u have any advice or possibly suffered this at one time or another? again my arm was not simply "asleep", i definitely had radial nerve palsy. do i have anything to worry about? thank u

opium pod tea? did you lay on it funny and/or OD. my friend od'd on heroin and layed in a wierd position for a while and now has nerve damage in his foot.

longer than you by a long shot. mabye 12 hours or so. but then again he has permanent nerve damage. I suppose what you were seeing couldve been the early stages of what crippled him for what has been 8 months now.

I did the same thing before. Who arm/hand was numb for about 10 mins. Then I had a tingly/numb feeling in my hand(finger tips) for at least a week before it went away. Hope there was no permanent damage but I don't know for sure. Arm/hand works fine now so :\ who knows.

Saturday night syndrome (yes its a real thing). If its still bothering you after a couple of days (or gets any worse) then go and see a doc. Its pretty common especially with those that drink too much.

i once nodded out on my arm so my blood flow was cut of, or some nerves got clenched, anyway it took about 3 months before i got my arm back to normal, i should say i have read of people saying from 3 weeks to 10 years :(

but dont get to down on i... just say to your doctor you sleept on it drunk, theres not really much they can do.. alltho i got some electric shock in the nerves(not very pleasant) that i think helped a but, also use your arm as much as you can, even tho its hard you learn to use it as a tool, an also keep some of the strengh with is important!

hope it helps i bit, ive been there man, (nods arent allways good) :(

EDIT:

ohh just realised in my stoner, you allready can use your arm again, gratz man! sometimes it can take a long time so watchout how you lay down! :)