• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help! accidently took methadone 2 hours after heroin. Is this deadly?

Gordon

Bluelighter
I took a bit of heroin today but accidently drank 8mil of methadone 2 hours after last smoke of heroin, is this deadly? what are the affects of taking methadone so soon after heroin? I have been using methadone 20mil for 3 months now, I lasted used methadone 16 hours ago, I did 2 bags of heroin and then took methadone, what will this do to me?

thank you.

lol, "but accidently drank 8mil of methadone 2 hours after last smoke of heroin" sure you did.

Are you still alive?

If that is really 8 ml and not 80, you'll be fine. If you are used to 20, 8 plus some h isn't going to kill you

But yeah, really, "accidentally" made me laugh too...

If that is really 8 ml and not 80, you'll be fine. If you are used to 20, 8 plus some h isn't going to kill you

But yeah, really, "accidentally" made me laugh too...

Ya I couldn't figure out the different doses and then I thought since it is the weekend he was sipping on his take home?

Although saying "8mil" of methadone doesn't tell us the dose at all, your going to be fine.

Crazy

As above posters have stated, you're almost certain to be alright given you're supplied dosing history. I'm in the camp that an opioid is an opioid and while there are some variables which certainly mediate the danger of a given drug, it's mostly dose dependent. Hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, fentanyl, oxymorphone, hell, even codeine can kill. You just need to know your own limits and tread lightly when combining CNS depressants, even if they are both opioids. The thing that, I feel, gets users into trouble frequently with methadone is its deceptively long half-life and accompanying onset and duration of effect. If you're used to oxycodone, with a 30 minute onset of action from a PO dose, the 3 hour - or longer - onset of methadone can trick you into thinking you have underdosed and potentially into consuming more. Although, I have heard just recently that methadone causes respiratory depression at a higher rate mg for mg than many common opioids, but I have no references to back up this claim at the moment so check it out for yourself.

Effect: I'm not sure if it's a regional/european difference, but some people on here tend to use the abbreviation ml/mil or what have you in place of mg to indicate milligram. This confused the shit out of me at first too as I'm sure you know as well (being on methadone) that most of our juice in the states is the 10mg/ml stuff. I just go off of the assumption that that is what most people mean.

Last edited:
At the done clinic 1mil equals 10mg of methadone. You know, those pre-filled bottles?

lol @ "accidentally" drank my methadone. If you're still alive then you have your answer. If your dead then be sure to watch out for future accidents. The other one to watch out for is accidentally scoring and having a shot. I can't count the amount of times I slipped on an empty baggie and landed on a loaded pick AND somehow managed to register perfectly and all in the same flailing movement injected my DOC. Talk about clumsy!

I'm just kidding champion, hope you're ok.