• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello! I've been looking for research chemical information from here for about 2 years and just decided to make an account!

GlutamateTheory

Greenlighter
My first post yay!

Anyway, just an introduction

Been researching different chemicals, mainly dissociatives.
Interested in drug pharmacology, neurobiology, psychology, psychiatry and all that!
Mental health is a big thing too. I have a long history with it and can chat with anybody who has problems with mental health.
Also interested in many different supplements and nootropics.
I'm a bedroom scientist and a musician.

What's up GlutamateTheory!?

First of all, welcome to Bluelight :)

BL is a social database where no question is too bizarre, because we are, by and large, judgement free. Also, I have a feeling that I could probably learn a lot from you, and hope to see you around the forums. As you know BL like the back of your hand by now probably, I won't drown you with links to your favorite sub-forums. But I'm curious. Which one do you think you'll frequent most? I mean, now that you're a member?

Last edited:
Great to have a response from the staff!

I studied pharmacology and chemistry for short time. Depression got me. Got out of that, with wisdom and interest for how the mind works. I like drugs of course. :) This is a good place to find about new substances and that's what got me.

Right on.

Drug interest.. Check!

I am a walking arm-chair psychologist, calling out everyone's projections :p

I'm sure you know about the Mental Health sub-forum - if you ever wanted to pop in and say hello, here's a low-key thread you could start up a conversation in: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/mental-illness-support-thread-v-how-do-you-feel.855838/

Again, don't be a stranger, and let us pick that brain of yours

?
Right on.

Drug interest.. Check!

I'm sure you know about the Mental Health sub-forum - if you ever wanted to pop in and say hello, here's a low-key thread you could start up a conversation in: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/mental-illness-support-thread-v-how-do-you-feel.855838/

?
Right on.

Drug interest.. Check!

?
Great! I'll check that out.

How does the reply thing work?. I'm just writing below your text. Is that it?

I'm used to Reddit so much :)

You know a place here on research chemicals? I want to start there. 3-HO-PCE is on my mind ;)

This site is a place that will have something to say in how mind works. (My English is weird)

I'm a chill guy who just wants to be in contact with people and help them if necessary. / AND \

I am going to write about how glutamate is the main neurotransmitter which is involved in many diseases. When researchers understand this, many illnesses will be cured. Like diabetes, epilepsy, depression, PTSD, autism and many more...

Maybe some day...

I'm a chill guy who just wants to be in contact with people and help them if necessary. / AND \

I am going to write about how glutamate is the main neurotransmitter which is involved in many diseases. When researchers understand this, many illnesses will be cured. Like diabetes, epilepsy, depression, PTSD, autism and many more...

Maybe some day...
Awesome to hear this... in the ghb forum and even in SSRI forums we heard much talk of seratonin, dopamine rebound, and norepinephrine...glutamate was and is radically underated, if one gives a shit about neurobiology and making shit situations better through understanding... Robert Supulski gave a talk about this at Stanford which is currently on youtube (he was on Rogan talking about toxoplasmosis as well). glutamate holds the key to much of what is still unknown, particularly in terms of withdrawal sx.

(wall of text but read if you want to learn something and have gone through depression)

Hi. That is crucial information that I need to find! The monoamine theory of depression is invented by cavemen and salesmen. Thank you for the info! I will be watching this podcast now. I already love watching Joe Rogan experience.
Monoamines btw means serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline. These 3 including many metabolites have a STRAIGHT connection to glutamate. If our brain is 80% glutamate networks why not? I am extremely uneducated when comes to this and how do I know something like this? Hell, I even created a account named GlutamateTheory.
I've gone through (2015-16) horrible cycle of depression and the shit that they gave me were mostly damaging. Paroxetine (Paxil) made me crash and it was the beginning of the hell. Then became antipsychotics (they also work on serotonin and dopamine including many connections) that made everything worse probably. Olanzapine, Quetiapine, Risperidone, Aripiprazole, Bupropion, the 2 last were a combo that made me more energized but I was still suicidal.
Yeah, good work on the doctors. Health care is free in my country and that has it's dark side.
Then became substance abuse because I felt helpless but at the same time I started to get interested in these topics. I have background in pharmacy.

Just side thing. Here quick info about glutamate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamate_(neurotransmitter)
I just read this and it says glutamate is over 90% of our brain! Wow I was so wrong. I've had wrong info.
There is something else very interesting here. There are something called ''Growth cones'' that are new nerve cells, looking like plant roots! They seek new connections to other nerve cells or dendrites. When you're an adult there are still growth cones going inside your brain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_cone

Your comment got me so excited I started to write like a madman
Peace and thank you.

Keep us posted on your glutamate exploration GT- studied a hella lot of neurobiology, focus on nerve synapse and dendrite relationship... particularly “lock and key” mechanisms and have never heard of “growth cones”... so much to learn, so many drugs to do, so little time?

Sounds exactly what I do. So it's neurobiology what I've been studying. There so many names for these. Neuropsychiatry, Neurolopsychology, Neurology, Neuro this and that.
Yeah growth cones are a mystical thing for me. They behave almost like fungal roots or what they are called idk. We are more close to fungi than bacteria which is just nuts.
You can do still do drugs when you're 70. ;)
I've done most of my drugs in 2017-2019. It has been interesting even when buprenorphine got a hold of me but that's going to change in few weeks! It will take months the way I planned it. This time there's no hurry.^^

I have a real hard time finding forums I want. If someone could point me to the right direction? I would love find a big place for neurobiology where there are a lot of sub forums. Also psychiatry. There are many doctors here :)
EDIT: I found them... I'm silly. xD

Let's keep talking if you want Twilight. Tell me something about neurobiology that is interesting to you.
If there's somebody else here, please join in. :)

Last edited: