• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hello! Im new! - oxazepam question

Sebud

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! Just made this account. So, something of me. Im on suboxone treatment, suboxone dose is 16mg. Im also prescribed clonazepam or actually im going thru taper right now, started from 6mg clonazepam a day, now only 0,5mg a day. I have time with a doctor on wednesday so im going to try get benzos back because i really need them. Here in Finland doctors most commonly use oxazepam or clonazepam, sometimes some other benzo. But im trying to get 1,5mg clonazepam/day or 3-4 15mg/30mg oxazepam/day. Im also prescribed mirtazapin 15mg a day. Started mirtazapin at saturday so its a new thing for me. Theres some info of me. But i have a questions also. Whats the onset of oxazepam and duration of action of oxazepam? I have used oxazepam and have my own opinion of the times but i wanna know what others have experienced with oxazepam. Sorry for bad english.

madness00

Moderator: NMI, MH, CD
Staff member
Welcome to Bluelight @Sebud!

Oxazepam has a short half life of 5-15 hours, and also a relatively slow onset of 30-60 minutes. Apparently it peaks around 2-3 hours.

This is a nice intro, but i'm going to shoot this over to Basic Drug Discussion, where benzos are often talked about, to see if others can chime in with their experiences. Mental Health is also a cool sub-forum, you should check it out sometime!

Feel free to make another intro thread if you'd like :)

NMI -> BDD

Sebud

Greenlighter
Welcome to Bluelight @Sebud!

Oxazepam has a short half life of 5-15 hours, and also a relatively slow onset of 30-60 minutes. Apparently it peaks around 2-3 hours.

This is a nice intro, but i'm going to shoot this over to Basic Drug Discussion, where benzos are often talked about, to see if others can chime in with their experiences. Mental Health is also a cool sub-forum, you should check it out sometime!

Feel free to make another intro thread if you'd like :)

NMI -> BDD
Thanks!