• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello! I am new to posting. Would love to hear from some of you fellow members : )

WorldofBirds

Greenlighter
What's the template for this thing again? Shit. Well, I have adhd, or whatever, you know, something's off about me ; )
I'm a chemistry student about to enter my senior year of undergrad. I'm older than most by this point, but I don't let that get me down, and have met lots of cool people in classes who are in much the same boat.
I'm an addict. I chase highs, and I'm horrified of lows. I love myself though. I don't necessarily love /what/ I am, but I certainly love who I am. Most of the time. I practice harm reduction by researching before using or acquiring substances. I mostly have experience with amphetamines, cocaine, opioids, and benzos, in no particular order. I like all of them far too much, and I am 3 years clean from *recreational* opioids this month. I used suboxone for two years, tapered, and am now taking 0.7 grams or so of kratom twice a day, which I intend to stop over the summer.
I love chemistry, and biochemistry, and my experiences with narcotics has contributed to that. Just a few days ago I got a B in bioorganic chenistry, which was such a difficult and rewarding class; I want to get better at organic because it seems infinitely deep, but I still have a few UD courses to go. Hoping to do undergrad/grad research if I can find something which feels worthwhile and somewhat fulfilling.
I just love academia, and learning things which challenge me to fully grasp. Again, why I love organic.
I also play magic TCG with friends, some of them from class/chem dept. which us fantastic.
I keep one boa constrictor several tarantulas, and a kitty cat. I love all of them and taking care of them and giving them cool houses.
Generally, I'm very reserved about my substance usse/abuse (Past or present), but It is really nice being about to educate people on harm reduction and misconceptions when able, and to trust my closer friends with some of my history.

It's funny, I never really used amphetamines recreationally until my insurance started to suck so bad that I could only afford IR, which are not nearly as therapeutic for me. It's a thing. I'm working on it.

Lately, I've been missing the needle. Not heroin, not opioids, at least not like this, but using IV. That's hard to admit, but it's true. I have strong cravings to find something fun/psychoactive to IV, but I have only ever done so with cocaine and heroin. I could do blow if offered, but it won't be good anyway so why bother haha.

Anyway, thanks for having me and teaching me!

Hi WorldofBirds,

Cool intro.

What do you want to do with your degree once you graduate?

Needle fixation is definitely a thing - thankfully i have gotten over it. Today i was put on colors for random drug testing, so i guess i'll just save up my money then buy a pound of meth once probation is over? Don't learn from me, just allow me to vent ;)

Anyway, it's interesting that you don't prefer uppers/downers, but enjoy them all. I too dabble in everything but i clearly am a fan of the uppers.

I'm curious, in what order did you try drugs? Weed -> Coke -> Heroin etc.?

Glad to have you with us. I think you'll find a lot of like minds here.

Also, be sure to check out the Mental Health sub-forum :)

Peace!