• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello, I am Erlend from North Norway.

PMS

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Erlend, and I am a 29year old man from North Norway.

I joined this forum many years ago, but have not been much active.

I write this thread to say hello, and to celebrate the start of my "new life", being clean after many years of depression and IV. abuse. I have always been fond of drugs, and experimented with almost every kind out there. But after the loss of my best friend, who was murdered, I gave up on life and began spiraling downward into heavy abuse. I've spent about 100K dollars, lost all my belongings, burned down a house. And almost died three times, :/

My 20's were horrible years, I spent all my money, time and good health on amphetamines and opiates, sitting alone in a flat shooting up every day. I never thought my life should feel good to live again, but now I've managed to stay clean for three months, and my health is much better. I dream of experiencing the things I have not been able to do yet, like traveling to Amsterdam, meeting a girlfriend, and recording a CD.

Yes, I am a musician, I play guitars, bass, keys, percussion. Compose and record. I love jamming with people, and also having intelligent conversations, over a glass of wine or joint.

As I said, now I've decided to try living the life I always wanted. I'm going to Amsterdam the 15th August, and would love if someone could meet me there.

If anyone want to talk or be friends, please send me a message.

Cheers,
-Erl

Attachments

• bandicam 2019-07-05 14-32-23-722.jpg
    bandicam 2019-07-05 14-32-23-722.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi and congratulations on your sobriety! You should be very proud, not many make it out the other side or resurface from the depths you've described. May you inspire others ?
Good luck with your travels and making new friends.

Thank you,

It was not before I was two months clean, I realized "what the heck have i done to myself". I loved the feeling of shooting up amphetamines, being extremely high- and it became my "identity". As the years went by, it progressed to become everything I had, and everything I did.

So, I was left with bad health, no friends, no girlfriend- and had to start all over. Luckily I had the chance of being admitted to a clinic, where I've been eating and sleeping.

Things are allright now, but I still get "pangs" of bad feelings, drug wants and regret.

I try to dream about a happy future, I really hope to make some new friends; after the loss of my best buddy I haven't really had anyone to be with.

-Erl

Hey Erl - thanks for sharing your story, and welcome to Bluelight.

Staying busy with hobbies is great. And if you ever want more support for drug issues, check out Health & Recovery.

I'm always free to talk if you need someone to talk to, too.

Gave a good day,
madness00

Congratulations on beating your depression and drug use. That's big, and using music to overcome these things is inspiring. Music is my passion and is the real drug. If I didnt have music I dont think I would have made it this far in life. Good to know there is someone else. Much Love to you.

Hi Erlend
Well done getting out from under drug addiction. In my experience, it takes around 2 years to fully recover.
I'm a shit-hot Air Guitarist =D

Best wishes from Western Australia

Welcome man!

Thanks for sharing that with us. Your doing really well! Theres heaps of amazing people on bluelight so no doubt you will be at home here.
Looking forward to chatting soon!

Andy