• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello Bluelighters!

tboy72

Greenlighter
Hello, I am a new member to Bluelight, although I have been using this site for awhile. I just never became an official member until recently. It is nice to find a site where you can get intelligent answers from experienced people.

I am from the midwest, Wisconsin to be exact. I've worked in a foundry for the last 23+ years, so my body has taken loads of abuse from my job. The biggest surgery I have had is a spinal fusion, which didn't help my lower back pain at all. If anything, I have more pain than before the surgery. I have tried many different methods of pain reduction, and the only thing than actually reduces my pain is pain meds. I've been prescribed MScontin, Oxycontin, Vicodin, Codeine, Tramadol, and some I don't even remember the names of. My favorite is of course the Oxycodone, then the MScontin.

I have taken many pain meds over the years, and I feel like right now, there is some kind of push against pain meds in general. I mean, when you go to the doctor now, and you even mention being prescribed pain meds, you are automatically treated like you are a "drug seeker", and this is really irritating. I don't understand why people who are in pretty bad pain are automatically cast into a category that makes you feel like a lowlife by the time you leave the doctors office.

I recently was referred to a pain clinic in my area by my doctor. The people at the pain clinic were downright rude with going out of their way to make me feel like I was making up my pain, and just wanted pain meds. I tried a different pain management clinic and couldn't get anything prescribed that was stronger than Tramadol. Even though I told them it wasn't working. So, my family doctor who referred me is treating my pain, and to be honest, is the only doctor who seems to take me serious, and believes me.

So anyway, hello to all you good people here on Bluelight. It's nice to meet you.8)

Another newbie here. Just saying "hi" and sorry to hear about your troubles. My 76 year old mother was treated like a drug seeker after a back injury so they must be doing this to everyone. What a@@holes. Hope you find relief somewhere and soon.

thanks . However, I have not been able to find a doctor who understands who debilitating it is living like this,