• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello Bluelight!

longroadahead

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight!

35 (M) UK. Don't want to give out too much identifying info but I have a PhD in geopolitics, but now I run a small bookshop.
I've been a long time substance user, who could always rationalise any excess as recreation, situation or experimentation.

Realised recently that I'm a high functioning addict, albeit this addiction seems to manifest in a very erratic way. Looking over the "tips on introductions" I'm supposed to say drugs of choice, which is difficult, but downers over uppers, as a general rule.

I'm hoping to use the forum for advice/questions, learn about harm reduction and generally to help me understand a bit better what's going on with my dosing impulses, how to help myself and others, and generally be a lot safer and more responsible in my use, so I can figure out where I'm going next.

I'm hoping not to use the forum as a form of free therapy or virtual NA I can use to emote or panic after a session or heavy night

Finally, I'd like to be able to contribute to, in a positive and helpful way, once I've got the confidence to do so. Also, first time using web forums for a very long time, and first time ever using one around such a sensitive and emotive topic, so apologies in advance for any faux pas or etiquette breaches. I'm reading all the new users threads, but I will screw up at some point, I'm sure!

I guess that'll do for an intro (wasn't so short in the end!)

x