• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Hello and a question about ethylphenidate: is blurry vision (no jitter) dangerous?

cider2000

Greenlighter
Hi, my name is... something I probably shouldn't give up right here ;) but hello anyways everybody

Got to say this is really an invaluable resource when it comes to information on all kinds of different compounds and their effects and dangers. I've looked at blueligt often whenever i had a question regarding these things.

But now I've got a question which should have been posted in other drugs but I can't because I haven't posted anything yet.

So here it is: The other day I was over at my friends house checking out an RC compound called ethylphenidate. My friend who volunteered as the lab rat dosed 200mg divided into four 50mg doses over the course of 6 hours. He got a kind of blurry vision not like any other he had tried (for example with MDMA). If objects where too close they would appear fuzzy like if he had suddenly become farsighted. It was simply blurry like he couldn't focus properly. When trying to read text it was like the images from each eye couldn't combine into one but instead became a scrambled mess of words. When looking at his eyes no shaking is apparent!

Now the catch is that it was actually not the other day but today and I was worrying a bit about my friend and whether his sight is in the process of taking damage. He doesn't have any other overpowering side effects like heart beating or sweatiness.

Until further development in his "condition" I would assume his body brain and eyes safe, since he neither consumed a very large dose nor showed any signs of distress other than the expected restlessness and anxiety on the comedown (which he is going through right now). An important note is that a Diclazepam (not diazepam aka. valium) pill of 1mg was ingested halfway into the experiment.

Hope some of you guys have an answer either from own experience or from scientific theory. Can't deny that I'm looking forward to testing this material myself but am going to wait til this question has been answered.

As a further point of discussion please post reports from yourself or others (with concent of course ;) ). On the basis that amphetamines and MDMA are known to cause eye jittering under certain conditions it would seem probable that ethylphenidate is similarly capable of producing it. Whether the lack of jittery eyes is caused by the lower affinity for the noroadrenaline-transporter and inhibitor (both right?) compared to methylphenidate and for that matter even MDMA itself (even though it has a lot of other stuff going for it) is the reason it in this example caused blurry vision without jitter. A pure speculation on my part would be that in the case of all drugs inhibiting dopamine reuptake there might be more than one reason for the blurry vision. If I remember correctly (my only true MDMA experience was a long time ago), MDMA gave kind of a middle ground blurry vision, both defined by shaking eyes and something more.

With hope that this matter has not been discussed before i set forth this very strange phenomena which might tell us (or at least me and my friend) something about how this class of compounds affect our brains.

That's it! My first post, right there! (hope a moderator could move this thread to the correct forum as I can't yet)

Welcome to Bluelight cider :)

Your thread is now in Other Drugs.

Never had blurry vision or any type of hallucinations unless its been a no-sleep bender.
SMall doses this can be very enjoyable, I learnt the hard way after doing a 250mg line in one on the first time.

keep it low, gotta remember its usually 99-100% pure, where as street drugs at the same price are (if you're lucky) like 20-30% haha.

start at 50mg and top up with bumps, not huge lines.

ANd, seriously, heartbeat was fine? Ethylphenidate has always given me a much higher heart rate than speed or any other stim.

MDMA, wizz and alcohol have given me blurred vision, hallucinations but never with EPH. atleast, not that i can remember haha.

Just take it easy. less is more .

I find Ethylphenidate always dilates my pupils and gives me blurry vision. And amnesia for some reason. Though not many other seem to report experiencing amnesia.

beels ^^^ 250mg in one line is INSANE! I now tolerate 25mg as a nice morning wake up call, 50mg as a heavy face-slap and good high, but could tolerate 100mg in my prime time of abuse which would make me behave very erratically. 150mg would've sent me into cardiac arrest.

I definitely agree with the whole 'less is more' thing - for sure. I now frequently take smaller 10mg bumps and just keep re-dosing throughout the day as necessary. Even the thought of doing a 100mg line nowadays, gives me palpitations.