• NMI Moderators: 6am-64-14m | D's | Qtpi
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Hello all - from a solo adventurer

ddean7598

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. I’m new here, kind of- I’ve been getting info from Bluelight off & on for probably 10 years, but have never been much for posting.

How many of you out there are solo adventurers?

I was into the drug scene when I was a teenager, then after some serious legal/everything problems I quit for five years. I have no friends who use now. It feels a bit strange and sad to not have this part of my life to share with anyone.

I like to use various psyedelics, dissociatives, empathogens... but I aways do it alone.

I have a (maybe a bit limited) social life, with a professional job and a family, but my use is, and has to be, a secret to them all.

I’m curious, how many of you use alone? Any advice for someone that does?

I get a lot out of the experiences, but I wonder if I’m missing out on the social aspect.

Psycho_Logic

Bluelighter
Trying to find my self but unable so far.
Hi and welcome :)

I used to use alone many times but have rarely hidden it from people that are important in my life. I found that I when I start to hide it it quickly all goes south and progresses into real addiction. Hiding and being ashamed is for me the biggest fuel for addiction. Using solo but not hiding is a different thing. Psychedelics are, for me, best used in a solo environment. For opioids I don't require any company also, but for amphetamines company is much appreciated. But that's just me and my preferences.

Once again, welcome to BL. :)

6am-64-14m

Moderator: NMI
Staff member
This sounds like me mostly. I am not against using with others but, like you, there just really isn't anyone to share with. Either no-one around to partake with, whoever is around dosn't partake or I don't wanna be messed with and do not want to risk someone fuckin up my high with some erratic behaviour.
Definitively a loner but not alone. I am in a weird place in my life and dealing as best I can with my drug use.
but my use is, and has to be, a secret to them all.
Oh, bruh. This is as destructive of an aspect as it may get from drug use, IMO. When I hide something it seems it come back and bite me in the ass eventually. When "called out" on a deception it not only creates distrust of those who are hiding as well as a loathing of oneself derived from "cheating" on those who would trust us. It seems a snake eating itself.
Welcome to bluelight. I am quite sure that this practice of stealth-usage is quite the "thing" among those who experiment. Let's not let this become our destruction?
Love always,

D's

Moderator: NMI, TDS, TL
Staff member
Hey @ddean7598
Welcome to Bluelight :)

You could say I am an introvert. I like being alone. People think I am isolating and to be honest I just don't enjoy being around a lot of people. Have always been like that.

bongdong

Resident Hermit
Hello @ddean7598, good to have you 'on board'. :D
I probably classify as that, yes; for different reasons I guess. One is certainly the lack of opportunity (not just since COVID). Another aspect of this is the type of the substance, I think. I would be willing to share and explore some intoxications with others e.g. cannabis to some degree, dissociatives etc., alcohol obviously but that's history. But psychedelics still are an exclusive solo endeavor for me. If at all, I would only do it with a person I'm very close or secure/honest with, and probably never with a whole bunch of people. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, except for a sitter if that seems indicated. But I never had a peer group, ok maybe for a while, that was overly into drugs and, ..not sure what to make of it.
I have a (maybe a bit limited) social life, with a professional job and a family, but my use is, and has to be, a secret to them all.
It's non of my business of course, but why do you think it has to be a secret? Do you think you get judged or rejected, ..down the line, it's your family, you know. I agree with the others here, that hiding and isolating (because of that) and "dishonesty", shame and all that can really eat you up from inside. Maybe not today, but over time. Harm reduction can get reduced severely in such a setting too, I think.

I remember ages ago, when I was young, I told my parents that 'I am not against drugs per se', and that I might have even taken some already, and that psychedelic are a completely different animal all together. Their reaction or feedback was more or less zero! 😕 Not sure they had even a glimpse of what I was talking about. I left it at that..

But meanwhile, my mother knows/understands my position regarding 'the war on drugs' probably cause I buy her CBD oil as a sleeping aid for years now. This kind of thing can really drive a crack into peoples ideological anti-drug framework they inherited..

Anyway, greetings.