• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Heated speed paste turned dark brown, ruined?

stalk

Greenlighter
Hi, first post here! :)

SWIM is somewhat new to speed paste and wanted to turn it into something snortable. SWIM might have ruined it in the process. Please advise :)

SWIM Recently bought 50g or so of classic euro speed paste. Since it was completely attached to the sides of the plastic bag and wouldnt really come of nicely when scraping, SWIM decided to put it in a shaker with 200ml of water to get it off. SWIM then proceeded to put the now mostly dissolved paste with water in an oven proof bowl and put in a normal oven. Oven was set to lowest possible, around 70 C or so, and oven stayed open during the whole process.

SWIM checked on the mixture every 15 minutes, and the water seemed to be coming out nicely. However, once the speed had turned into something resembling tar, it turned dark brown.

Did SWIM ruin his speed?

What should SWIM do to get from a tar-like substance to something snortable (if it isnt ruined)

Any help appreciated, love you all.

Hi, first post here! :)

SWIM is somewhat new to speed paste and wanted to turn it into something snortable. SWIM might have ruined it in the process. Please advise :)

SWIM Recently bought 50g or so of classic euro speed paste. Since it was completely attached to the sides of the plastic bag and wouldnt really come of nicely when scraping, SWIM decided to put it in a shaker with 200ml of water to get it off. SWIM then proceeded to put the now mostly dissolved paste with water in an oven proof bowl and put in a normal oven. Oven was set to lowest possible, around 70 C or so, and oven stayed open during the whole process.

SWIM checked on the mixture every 15 minutes, and the water seemed to be coming out nicely. However, once the speed had turned into something resembling tar, it turned dark brown.

Did SWIM ruin his speed?

What should SWIM do to get from a tar-like substance to something snortable (if it isnt ruined)

Any help appreciated, love you all.

No it's fine, the crap it was mixed with got oxidized. Oxides tend to look brown. It's just oxidation products and it's impossible to alter amphetamine at that temperature even with a catalyst. You can mix in magnesium oxide or magnesium stearate.

It should be in wax paper, not plastic. If you want to snort it, I would think water lining it would be your best bet..

heated speed

It should be in wax paper, not plastic. If you want to snort it, I would think water lining it would be your best bet..

What do you mean with water lining? I also heated it too much in the oven and now it is just like tar. What do I do?

You could boil it with dry acetone (~150ml), cool in freezer, filter it and dry. This should increase purity is easy to do for a novice and get a brighter product. You could also do an A/B extraction, and then do the acetone wash, but depending on purity, you might be disappointed by the amount that is left. Also that is more difficult and needs more chemicals. But this would yield much purer product.

Swimming most likely ruined your speed. I don't get why someone would wait for the stuff to dry out and afterwards wets it again. If you swam in a pool it most likely reacted with the chlorine and now you have X-chloroamphetamine, which is proven to be neurotoxic.

Swimming most likely ruined your speed. I don't get why someone would wait for the stuff to dry out and afterwards wets it again. If you swam in a pool it most likely reacted with the chlorine and now you have X-chloroamphetamine, which is proven to be neurotoxic.

This^^

You won't get 4-chloroamphetamine from heating speed with chlorine water.

Depending on your skills do an acid Base or as another poster said simply scrape up product and do a wash with DRY acetone. It should result in a more powdered product.

Easiest way would be to simply use as is. Scrape, weigh, eat/plug/whatever you can manage with this consistentcy.

You won't get 4-chloroamphetamine from heating speed with chlorine water.

If I am not mistaken the X-chloroamphetamine was just ZIIIRP screwin' with OP for using SWIM throughout his post, don't believe he was serious.
I could be wrong though, I've been wrong before.

We don't swim here right? Especially with drugs in our pockets ;) I know it's you OP I cracked your code ;)

Last edited: