• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Healthy living and heroin

Canniboy95

Greenlighter
Hi so I couldn't really think of title for the thread that didn't sound stupid but I I have no experience with this so my apologies if this is kinda insulting to any one with a heroin addiction ex or current I mean no offence ...any way I was a very heavy benzo addict then moved to dihydrocodeine and now a very heavy user on that 15 X 30 mg twice a day. Total of 900mgs
So my question is would I actually be better off taking small amounts of heroin not meaning as in how much you can get sucked in ect ect. .. I mean for example if I took 30 pills or a smoke of heroin to get me to the same place as DHC does would would be more physical damaging over all as in liver/lungs/heart what ever else these two drugs affect ...I know it doesn't sound like it but I can control my opiod dose well if I wanted to not take any tomorrow or somehow couldn't get them it doesn't bother me much I just look forward to the next day I kinda appreciate it more.......

Or if I say got £10 of heroin 0.2grams(200mg) and £10 worth of dihydrocodeine(20 pills/600mg) what would win in your guys opinion considering the health damage which I know DHC i know is the liver but not sure about stomach or anything else...and i know nothing really on how heroin damages you depending of the method you consume it ovcorse.. but can you actually be carful and be healthy too using heroin recreationally provided you don't leave yourself short on cash make sure you eat right (even healthier if it would counter some of the damage lol) other good life style choice's (excluding the decision to do hard drugs ovcorse haha any thoughts?? :p

Also what would the best method to take heroin and agian I don't care about the waste as in you get it all if you shoot it which I'm sure is the worst and it's ment to be a waste eating it don't know if this is a less harmful choice.... (What about filling up small capsules of heroin like half the size of a tramadol or gabapenting then taking as a tablet? Any suggestions on this two would be great :)

Last edited:
Can you be careful and healthy using heroin?

Yea, if you don't become a heroin addict. Basically if you were to switch from DHC to heroin you'd be making an epic mistake. Most heroin addicts I know IRL (including me) don't give a fuck about their health when they're strung out, even when they know, for example, that doing something like sucking up rain water to shoot their dope with, is incredibly dangerous but when you're really dope sick and don't have a place to live or a bottle of water, well, one has to get well even if that means getting sepsis.

Do you see my point here? Yes, I believe in harm reduction 100% and think that if addicts had more easy access to things like wheel filters, or fuck, pharmaceutical heroin, that there could be such thing as a 'healthy dope fiend'. But that's not reality, so don't have the illusion that controlling your heroin use will be as easy as controlling your DHC use because it won't be. There's absolutely no way, no matter how you look at it, that replacing DHC with heroin could be a good idea (unless your goal is to risk a lifelong struggle with a seemingly hopeless addiction).

Thanks man what a good thoughtful answer and the part about pharmaceutical heroin would be genius well to be honest ever before becoming a pill addict iv always said legalize and control every drug out there let the buyer not only know what there buying(less accidental overdoses) plus take money out the H dealers pocket and built a place where addict's can do there thing in a clean relaxing place reducing stress may reduce use of the drug and if not the billions the government would haul in putting a market and jobs out there they could help alot more addict's... Anyways off topic abit but your kinda sayn utill there's this legal system selling clean good H best stick to the drugs that you what drugs they are lol or thats what i got from it and exactly how much I can take ect
...actually lowerd my temptation to do this thank you ;)

Last edited:
Heroin is just another opiate in my opinion. Yes it's stronger, yes it would be cheaper and cost less to get you where you want to be, but you would have to proceed with caution because with it being stronger you may also be tempted to take more for a stronger effect. I, for example, am a heroin addict. However, if you gave me the choice of enough heroin to nod (the effect I aim for) or enough oxycodone to nod I wouldn't care, either would be sufficient. I guess my point being is that they're all opiates, if heroin is cheaper then I say go ahead. Just be careful you aren't tempted to take too much, however that temptation is present with dihydrocodeine as well.

So I guess I'm contradicting Znegative, but as a heroin addict as well I don't see why it'd be a bad idea other than temptation. Previous to heroin I was an oxy addict, and I didn't abuse oxy 24/7 because I couldn't afford it. It's very possibly that affordability could be what's stopping you from being a full-blown addict whether you know it or not.

I'll make it simple for you: don't try heroin.

You yourself stated in the first post that you moved from a "very heavy" benzodiazepine addiction to an opioid addiction. Moving from a drug that's available OTC in the UK to a street-level narcotic wouldn't be a productive step forward in your life.

Ultimately I don't really even see how finances are terribly relevant if you're a "true addict"...half the people I know who use heroin are broke all the time anyway. They get high every day though by begging, fraud/scamming, prostitution, "boosting" (shoplifting), robbery/theft, having "buying partners", etc. Believe me, when you develop a taste for it, you'll find a way to score. There are people who manage to control their heroin usage but your prior drug history seems to contraindicate that somewhat.

No it's actually more expensive for a DHC buzz as a 40 x30 mg pills a day habbit is £20 (actually £1 pound per 30mg DHC sometimes if usial sources can't get actually as commen price unless u have friends) and i have seen heroin users nod and get very buzzed of £10-£15 worth harder to find DHC also as need to wait on monthly prescriptions but I have a good few sources and not short on pills ethier I could take as much as I would like but with my tolerance ID most likely be sick before nodding out not that I do but I can take 900mg+ in one dose but the sick feeling with all the pills 30+ And the pills weight a lot more than for example 10 pills with a total of 300mg on scales weighs over a gram I guess binders chalk lactose don't know whether this is what makes you feel sick or its just because your trying to get somewhere they are unable to take lime trying travel overseas in a car I guess you can jump and fly through the air a bit but you fall for sure be for you get across the other side haha...could be just a ceiling limit tho like regular codein converts in to morphine but as yourliver can only get so much and the rest is a waist of codiene wether u puke or not maybe there is a similar effect with dihydrocodeine as like codein it turns in to dihydromorphine 95% stronger than morphine so a ceiling limit is what I'm guessing along with a high tolerance I think it's debated or little research done or answers have not been found maybe all 3 I think it would make more sense I think

Last edited:
Heroin is just another opiate in my opinion. Yes it's stronger, yes it would be cheaper and cost less to get you where you want to be, but you would have to proceed with caution because with it being stronger you may also be tempted to take more for a stronger effect. I, for example, am a heroin addict. However, if you gave me the choice of enough heroin to nod (the effect I aim for) or enough oxycodone to nod I wouldn't care, either would be sufficient. I guess my point being is that they're all opiates, if heroin is cheaper then I say go ahead. Just be careful you aren't tempted to take too much, however that temptation is present with dihydrocodeine as well.

So I guess I'm contradicting Znegative, but as a heroin addict as well I don't see why it'd be a bad idea other than temptation. Previous to heroin I was an oxy addict, and I didn't abuse oxy 24/7 because I couldn't afford it. It's very possibly that affordability could be what's stopping you from being a full-blown addict whether you know it or not.

Actually, I should have clarified myself because I think we share more or less the same opponion. I would have probably said the same thing to the op if he was planning on switching from DHC to roxis. I don't think that there is anything inherently evil about Heroin, but I do think that some opiates are more psychologically addicting than others. For instance, heroin is more psychologically addictive because it can quickly cross the bbb, and it has a fast onset no matter how you administer it. Morphine on the other hand, has a shitty absorption rate through almost every ROA, and it doesn't cross the BBB as quickly, and does not produce the same rush as heroin does.

Similarly, oxycodone is a very attractive opiate to many people because it's like a pharmaceutical speedball all in one package, it acts like a stimulant and then when the stimulation ends, you fade into a sense of relaxation and ease.

Hydromorphone and especially oxymorphone are opiates that are also more addicting, they give killer rushes, and oxymorphone actually has the legs to back that rush up.

So basically I agree, an opiate is an opiate, but not all opiates were created equally. Technically, if one could surely quantify a cross equivalent dose of diacetylmorphine to the dose of DHC, the opiate effect would not change much. Heroin is a pretty benign substance if it's pure, it's pretty easy on your body. However what would change would be ROA, which in my opinion plays a big role in terms of how fiendish a drug can be. In general, smoking or injecting drugs is the fastest way of getting the substance into your blood stream. Plugging would probably be third after smoking, and sniffing fourth. Any of these ROA's however, create a ritual, which becomes a huge part of the psychological addiction. How many times on this board have we heard people say that they were addicted to the needle as much as the drug?

Switching from taking DHC orally to smoking heroin then, is a big leap IMO at least.

Actually, I should have clarified myself because I think we share more or less the same opponion. I would have probably said the same thing to the op if he was planning on switching from DHC to roxis. I don't think that there is anything inherently evil about Heroin, but I do think that some opiates are more psychologically addicting than others. For instance, heroin is more psychologically addictive because it can quickly cross the bbb, and it has a fast onset no matter how you administer it. Morphine on the other hand, has a shitty absorption rate through almost every ROA, and it doesn't cross the BBB as quickly, and does not produce the same rush as heroin does.

Similarly, oxycodone is a very attractive opiate to many people because it's like a pharmaceutical speedball all in one package, it acts like a stimulant and then when the stimulation ends, you fade into a sense of relaxation and ease.

Hydromorphone and especially oxymorphone are opiates that are also more addicting, they give killer rushes, and oxymorphone actually has the legs to back that rush up.

So basically I agree, an opiate is an opiate, but not all opiates were created equally. Technically, if one could surely quantify a cross equivalent dose of diacetylmorphine to the dose of DHC, the opiate effect would not change much. Heroin is a pretty benign substance if it's pure, it's pretty easy on your body. However what would change would be ROA, which in my opinion plays a big role in terms of how fiendish a drug can be. In general, smoking or injecting drugs is the fastest way of getting the substance into your blood stream. Plugging would probably be third after smoking, and sniffing fourth. Any of these ROA's however, create a ritual, which becomes a huge part of the psychological addiction. How many times on this board have we heard people say that they were addicted to the needle as much as the drug?

Switching from taking DHC orally to smoking heroin then, is a big leap IMO at least.

I agree with all of the above....

Let's try an experiment. Let's replace DHC with heroin and replace heroin with fentanyl.....the answers still the same? It's a fair comparison....apples to apples I guess, but not a good idea. I assume you can see where I'm going....too tired to write it out but if you can still get a good high from the DHC, why jump to something with so many unknowns? And it's likely you will end up using more Fent than you think, with it being a common cut in smack more and more these days. Your tolerance will skyrocket and you aren't using to just maintain so you WILL spend more, and more, and MORE to get the same effect. It will be lovely at first. A $30 buy will last you a few days. Then $30 will last you a day, then a few hours, then it's $50, etc.

You can be 100% sure of the quality of your DHC, it's readily available, and it's cheap. It's no fun when your dealer isn't around, you get stuck with shitty dope and spent your last dollar on rigs, or have to steal a fucking blender to be able to get well. It's not a life anyone should volunteer themselves to. I'm rambling. Just don't....until you have to....then get on subs.

Namaste

-Zneg....you make my life so easy. You beat me to every post and all I have to do is agree with you haha...love it!

Heroin tends to be very fiendish...I assume you would take up smoking it...I agree with the users below. You're jumping out the frying pan into the fire.

Remember how your normal dose of DHC was x minus hundreds of MG's than it is now? And it ballooned? Your H habit will balloon faster.

Soon you'll find yourself buying 1/4 and 1/2 ounces or hell a whole piece if you know the right people, just to save money because you're now smoking over a gram a day (it will be a process, but I have no doubt there is only one road and that's where it leads).

And that will result in you smoking 1.5g's a day, and on and on. They didn't make that "Chasing the Dragon" episode of South park for nothing. You'll keep chasing that fucker to get somewhere you can't go anyways. You. Never. Catch. The. Dragon.

it would be a terrible mistake to going from dhc to heroin...heroin will raie your tolerance to where tons of dhc wont get you feeling much..oh and you might just use heroin once a week at the begining but thats how we all start out..lol..

Heroin tends to be very fiendish...I assume you would take up smoking it...I agree with the users below. You're jumping out the frying pan into the fire.

Remember how your normal dose of DHC was x minus hundreds of MG's than it is now? And it ballooned? Your H habit will balloon faster.

Soon you'll find yourself buying 1/4 and 1/2 ounces or hell a whole piece if you know the right people, just to save money because you're now smoking over a gram a day (it will be a process, but I have no doubt there is only one road and that's where it leads).

And that will result in you smoking 1.5g's a day, and on and on. They didn't make that "Chasing the Dragon" episode of South park for nothing. You'll keep chasing that fucker to get somewhere you can't go anyways. You. Never. Catch. The. Dragon.

still would love to find out if long term heroin chippers exist though..ive heard they do online but ive never seen or met one..i mean, are there people who have used heroin in moderation for 10 plus years withut it ever growing into full blown daily addiction?

I'll make it simple for you: don't try heroin.

If you have to take just one thing away from Bluelight, make it this. Don't try heroin.

So many BL'ers fall into the heroin trap after trying it "just once," you can either learn from their mistakes that they graciously explained in anecdotes here and use that information to your advantage, or you can risk experiencing the lonely misery that is heroin addiction for yourself. I've never tried heroin, I have common sense and the Internet to thank for that.

Thanks guys for all the replies with all the answers I have decided to just stick with my dihydrocodeine and maybe stop for a week or so too drop my tolerance and get my nice high iv been missing with less pills I know it won't ever be like the first time but it seems to be a better choice in your opinions and also it is you guys that have experience like ergicmergic said and made a great point too... Soo I'm just gonna take it from u guys again thanks for sharing very much appreciated more than you know :)

If you have to take just one thing away from Bluelight, make it this. Don't try heroin.

So many BL'ers fall into the heroin trap after trying it "just once," you can either learn from their mistakes that they graciously explained in anecdotes here and use that information to your advantage, or you can risk experiencing the lonely misery that is heroin addiction for yourself.

I just hope that if we have managed to save one soul from trying it would already be great and motivating.
Most people often say or think if I could just go back in time once to delete that very first experience everything would have been so different now.
That's why this is so important. Like magic.