• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Health Canaca Possession limits for edibles are based on edible weight and NOT THC Content

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
Got over that piece of stupidity? It’s true. Everything is assigned a ‘gram’ equivalency. You are allowed to legally carry or purchase 30 gram equivalents. You want more stupidity? Here goes.

A 10 mg THC gummie weighing 3.2 grams is assigned 0.2 equivalents. The limit is 30 grams, so you can buy 30/0.2 eq/gummie = 150 gummies (1500mg THC total)
A 10 mg THC chocolate bar weighing 32g is assigned 2.1 equivalents, or 30/0.21= 14 chocolate bars or 140 mg THC total
A 10 mg THC gummie weighing 25g is 1.7 eq, or 27 gummies
A 10 mg THC choc bar @ 10g is 0.67 eq, or 44 bars
Ripple 10mg dissolvable powder @0.45g is 0.03eq
Water soluble THC drops @ 30ml is 0.4eq
A 10mg THC 222ml drink is 3.2eq

There's wild inconsistencies in terms of how many mg THC you can legally purchase in edible form b/c the limiting factor is the weight of the edible and not the content of the drug. I believe the limit relating edible purchases to weight/volume is due to Conservative senators/MP’s. However, since we are allowed to make multiple purchases/day and keep infinite amounts at home (most provinces) this becomes a public inconsistency only. Still, I gotta wonder if I can legally buy 40 24’s, why can’t I buy edibles in bulk to save some $$$.

I picked up 4 chocolate bars today at a good price but can only eat 1/day cause of dialysis. And diabetics don’t want to (can’t?) eat large amounts of sweets.

The best black market product I ever bought was 40mg THC pepperoni hot rods.

Tom
(There is black market single servings of butter chicken - never had the nerve to try it)

I remember buying a medical pizza in 2011 in a store before it was recreation ally legal

We smoked in the store as we waited for the food.

Pizza was bomb

Times have changed. Since 2013

Oh man;I’d kill for a pizza. Not supposed to eat it b/c of the tomatoe sauce, but I sense a ‘fuckit friday’.

Here’s the packaging for a single 10 mg THC 32g chocolate bar. For size purposes I put the packaging on top of a 9.7 iPad.

yjFk80Fl.jpg

The cardboard is reinforced at the hinges so you can’t rip it apart and the enclosed insert which fits inside the cardboard monstrosity has two ‘fins’ which protrude through the cardboard shell and make it impossible for anyone w/arthritis to open.

Ah Canada, I love thee regulations.

Tom

I think a kings arm would be a better length to go by than any weight, except perhaps a peck. Definitely a peck. When the gummies are in liquid form however do not cook over a pony at a time though or I will summon the RCMP.

Now the law is 28g per cook up to 2 gallons total, dry weight. This frost bitten morn of 17/11/20 I verify this to be Trudeau!

statcan.gc.ca/fuckyoursensesthatsourcensus

Salutations Thomas Davie,

...‘gram’ equivalency. ... ...want more stupidity?

Stupidity may sound like some valid hint but it certainly doesn't excuse everything else. Actually there were many more signs given long before Justin Trudeau even got elected as prime minister a 1st time, previously to this most peculiar "message" which somehow managed to drop the proper francophone translation (in Québec that's called "possession simple"):
About-INCIDENTAL-L-galeezation-From-2015-Liberal-electoral-platform-480x360.png

Nearly 2 years proved necessary to correct this "error" alone... Too bad our canuck editorialists/activists were unable/reluctant to provide any other background than what was convenient to them - and much too late anyway - here's one other striking example:
Bill_G20_Blair_-_Tracking_2018-_Aug-29_400x300.png

TrudeauManiac faith seemed unafected, not even after an unarmed man died at the hands of police over 8 oz, in Montréal-Nord/Québec...
1571522-policier-christian-gilbert-ete-inculpe.jpg
Mort de Bony Jean-Pierre: l'accusé veut une nouvelle enquête préliminaire (2018-Aug-21)
Montréal police officer on trial for Bony Jean-Pierre's 2016 death (2020-Nov-9)
« ...he died from severe head trauma after being hit by a rubber bullet. »

According to Yves Francoeur, defending the SPVM-GTi recently (now refered to as just "Gi"...), they were busting resellers who targetted kids in schools in an attempt to exploit them sexually - yet the public needs to wonder who's been formally charged and arrested for it since mid-2016 (!), considering that's a most serious statement publicly voiced by one of Québec's high-profile law officials clearly denouncing a most hideous crime in non-equivocal terms...

:unsure:

M'well, besides the AR-1 manufacturer's instructions NOT to aim for the head at unsafe distance i feel more of the crunchy part obviously resides in the simple fact it took place only ~3 weeks before UNGASS 2016, whith Trudeau asking police to continue "doing their work" until that reform is done.

Another peculiar detail being that no key actors really cared while the vast majority of canuck voters never even heard ot this. Then there's more: meanwhile brave prohibitionism warriors worked hard in the background but somehow all which truly transpired of it happened to be about Justin's boxer gloves at the UN in NY, the next day right after a "4-20" (...), followed by some fake national "consultation" justifying Liberal federalists to use their magic again, once more at Québec's expense as it further instrumentalized love-to-hate while significant communicators remained obstinately contemplative...

HC_-_Task_Force_2016-_Dec-13_640x220.png

Most unfortunately many years needed to pass before i could finally discover *1* large missing puzzle piece masked by such flim-flam political decoys:

It turns out one little white lie made of never-ending piles of half-truths & omissions is actually hiding another which too few still won't accept to see today:

Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine
{ Jean-Pierre Chiasson as "committee member" in Harper days... }
N.B.: Now "404 Not Found"...

(n)

So be it:

Canadian Addiction Medecine - Bulletin Volume 13, Number 1
STANDARDS COMMITTEE
Jeff Daiter, MD, CCSAM, CASAM, FASAM​
Committee members: Dr. Ron Lim, Dr. Nady El-Guebaly, Dr.​
Jean Pierre Chiasson.​

🧐

In other words "stoner$"/"droÿé$" got informed only via fractal bits of the whole picture and certainly NEVER in good time, my point being that's way beyond ordinary "stupidity" as the average canuck Joe may conceive it. Please keep in mind it was Calgary's CSAM event gathering 80-some "scientifics" in hotel Marriott of Montréal which caused prohibitionists as Kevin Sabet and Nora Volkow to pop up on our TV screens as international guest "spe¢iali$ts"/"expert$"...

Hardly innocent stupidity if one asks me!!

🤨

But Providence apparently ensured that the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists just can't erase history and hence there's been some forgotten leftovers indeed, for example:
2016-10-13_13_36_13_MARINA_1001_01_01.jpeg
SRC: Marina Orsini - Saison 02 Épisode 26 - Le cannabis (2016-Oct-13)

Which was consecutive to this other mediatic operation of theirs, that same one i evoked above and more precisely:
SRC - Légalisation de la marijuana: des experts américains mettent en garde le Canada (2016-Oct-26)

Trudeau's Halloween "science" show at hotel Marriott:

Kevin_Sabet_at_secret_Int_l_Montr_al_congress_on_addiction_2016.png

So for details i presume one can try to ask Tamy Emma Pepin about it since she's the one we should thank for such remnant echoes...

Some of her other publications:
YouTube: Léa rencontre Tamy Emma Pepin (2014-Aug-13)
YouTube: Vidéos mises en ligne par Tamy Emma Pepin (2006-Jul-10)
YouTube: Why should we legalize marijuana? (2015-Dec-6)
YouTube - Colorado Harvest Company: visite de la ferme et dispensaire (2015-Dec-6)
YouTube - Medicine Man: le Costco du cannabis (2015-Dec-6)

Perhaps it may be worth to check that out, eventually...

...the limiting factor is the weight...

Now that you mention it this also applies to dry flowers, which only makes it worse to be "legally" imposed industrial/seasoned "Tumble Weed" in absence of long-term studies, knowing none of us ever faced being exposed this much to savvy non-detection PCP soups on a chronic basis before, not to mention the SQdC still promotes SMOKING in absence of vaporist (healthwise) alternatives, apparently... But what's the surprize all about once we finally get a more complete perspective on the architects behind this "Légaleezation"?! In The Name Of Children just as in the Victorian age when opium turned vulnerable women and children into sexual slaves... E.G. it's not your mother's "pot" indeed!!

I believe the limit relating edible purchases to weight/volume is due to Conservative senators/MP’s.

Hummm... Do you really believe they're different from the Liberals when it comes to "mariwouanna"?...

🙄

...if I can legally buy 40 24’s, why can’t I buy edibles in bulk to save some $$$.

Better yet: why still public-fund shame TV advertisement although there's just ZERO "medical" vs "recreational" alcohol, tobacco and lotery, etc., etc.!
Looney_Tunes_-_That_s_all_Folks_tenor_HD.gif

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Edibles were the last to drop in price in Colorado. I suspect this is largely due to popularity. Everyone is buying flower and concentrates (and now pens) so edibles kind of fall behind the race.

I'd always buy some bomb legal flower for next to nothing and then use that to make edibles, even when I had access to them it was always more cost effective to make my own.

P.S.:

By the way, i forgot to comment that Jean-Pierre Chiasson was no ordinary CSAM member (...), on top of possibly having some personal socio-toxic related issues himself:

M'well, at least his deceased/instrumentalized son anyway!! 😑

And that's why i must also put highlight on this other drug warrior as each time doc Chiasson avoided public exposure to a French-speaking Québeker audience we could expect to hear propaganda delivered by one of his apprentices instead:

Guy A. Lepage was reacting to a statement of Marie-Ève Morin on "psychosis" induced by cannabis:

Marie-ve-Morin-TLMEP-2019-Nov-3-360x480.png

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/Pf4fvWJ4/Marie-ve-Morin-TLMEP-2019-Nov-3-360x480.png ]

Marie-Ève Morin publicly declared on TV that J.-P. Chiasson was her "mentor", so when she describes a new cannabis syndrome severely impairing people that's quite probably inter-changeable, plus the old father still blames his dead son for being a manipulator in 2020...

😔

Just in case i ain't made myself clear enough. This *IS*, IHMO, one of the many roots of this stupidity we all got in mind reading the OP (that of those he tried to denounce today, i mean) - and not only in Québec but all of Canada because the CSAM "ADDICTION" focussed plan must have been quite READY even before Trudeau ceased control. Yet there are CRUCIAL QUESTIONS THAT MAY NEVER GET A PROPER ANSWER.

Essentially it's a cheat. so it only makes sense if this eventually transpires, facilitated by the contemplative attitude of "informed" adults as they can't care less, obviously.

🤬

Last edited:
Egzoset - I am now afraid to try OS-110 and OS-130 (are these the same?), which are finally available in Winnipeg. Your photographs make it obviously a risk to purchase and your micro photographs make me wonder what they could be taking away from me what I am paying for.

Do they allow same day delivery in Quebec or portions of Quebec?

Tom

Hi again Thomas Davie,

I am now afraid to try OS-110 and OS-130...

This is all the samples i've managed to collect relatively to Hexo/Hydropothecary so far, pass the word:

1​
SQd-C-Sample-Hexo-OS-210-640x640.png
Hexo-OS-210-Original-Stash-Hybrid-Flower-Blend-640x480.png
2​
SQd-C-Sample-Hexo-OS-220-640x640.png
Hexo-Hydropothecary-Original-Stash-Indica-OS-220-640x480.png
3​
Hexo-OS-Reserve-Intensive-Vilification-via-Equally-Intensive-LEGAL-Industrialization-640x400.png
Hexo-OS-Reserve-Original-Stash-640x480.png

😯

Your photographs make it obviously a risk to purchase and your micro photographs make me wonder what they could be taking away from me what I am paying for.

Actually these are very frustrating capture sessions, typically because despite the extra caution in dissecting internal features i could hardly find visual rewards, time after time after time. This only confirms that intensive/systematic (vilifying) industrialization tends to mask the natural beauty of cannabis in the 1st place, hence it's still overpriced with poor (next to zero competitive) value - as if that ain't bad enough already!! To top it all pay attention to the long trichome stalks causing whatever attached glands (e.g. that weren't removed via tumbling...) to stick like a laquer to vegetal substrate which i ain't got a clue how bad it's got chemically... Yet, judging by Hexo's apparent lack of "love" for the plant and its adepts i'd say such lame display may very well suggest their other products are bound to look similar.

Too bad there's no laboratory expertise to match and tell us a more complete story, besides the fact that's no scientific examination, while the absence of any bright sides renders those sessions real boring anyway!

Bottom line is i'd need to feel most desperate to call this guy again, especially now that it's clear he repeatedly treats his consumers as stupid ones, considering there are months separating each sample... Which makes supply inconsistencies between SQdC outlets a moot concern if better alternatives exist. In any case i almost forgot to comment that gland-less surfaces only covered with trichome stalks don't completely loose the gland's reflexivity, so even if it's shiny one has to wonder how much went loose...

Consequently a 28 g bag of OS.210 doesn't necessarily weight the same as one of OS.220 mari-caca (Kosher Zyklon!) if measured in THC/CBD units.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited:
P.S.: No seeds remain after tumbling/shaving, at least in principle it seems.

I'm not a fan of all these edibles products. Gummies are ok, but beverages and all, it's gimmick to make more money. Oil drops are easy to store and measure. And, good old herb is awesome to feel effects quickly and benefit from the terpenes.

I'm not a fan of all these edibles products. Gummies are ok, but beverages and all, it's gimmick to make more money. Oil drops are easy to store and measure. And, good old herb is awesome to feel effects quickly and benefit from the terpenes.
No, beverages aren’t a gimmick if it’s using the new water soluble tech. At first there was a problem with the water soluble THC ‘sticking’ or adhering to the can liner, and so a 10 mg drink would actuallly give as little as 3-4 mg THC. Problem solved and we get 10 mg drinks that are very effective. But you can buy the concentrated water soluble THC drops and make any drink as strong/weak as you want. Double bonus - quicker onset and sober-up-ness. More predictable.

I agree with you on flower.

Tom

Honestly anyone in Canada must know to forget the Health Canada limits and go to the reservations where there is no limit. Between price (not discussing) and quality/quantity I imagine many peope know that. I have to catch up on the thread soon so apologies if I state the obvious.. But my wife brought me a vape cart for the price of a donut and it was a one hit wonder and just about a gram. The edibles whew. I have a chocolate bar, 24 pieces with 1500 mgs of THC in total.

I think North America has some adjustments to do, but I can say in the states in the US where cannabis is not legal yet it seems like it is. (well maybe not in Oklahoma, Alabama, etc...) But even Texas got cool with this and they would have shot me in the head for a roach clip in 1980.

egzoset; thanks for that post. I was actually going to order an oz of Starwalker Kush by Good Supply. Now I will not. That picture is disgusting and I would be embarrassed to sell that.

About a month ago I grabbed an oz of OS.220 by Hexo. exactly like your photographs .

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

egzoset; thanks for that post.

M'well, in that case lets consider how to please me best...

Egzoset-s-Alias-Gogo-Girls-Shadow-Dancing-480x170.png

That picture is disgusting and I would be embarrassed to sell that.

Indeed, we can reasonably assume no proud cultivator would abuse industrialization just to conveniently scramble the larger perspective.

Which ain't an absolute norm, simply mainstream; e.g. so far i can rate my luck with the SQdC to around 1 hit out of 5 - and i'm not refering to that last set of Monkey Glue pictures showing some improvement over 3 different Hexo/Hydropothecary offers! All frustrating in comparison.

This reminds me of an easy experience performed with my combo oven, featured with multiple cooking modes including low temperature applications. Actually its maximum setting is 210 °F for 95 minutes so i found this suitable enough in 1 case (that same 1-out-of-5...) where a 62RH humidor was found inside the bag; otherwise my consumption tool gets defeated and i was even concerned about mold, so i dried it for about half-an-hour, loosely wrapped in aluminium foil to prevent direct heat radiation, while conduction expels moisture until it's crispy enough. This also facilitates dissecting sessions under a microscope, by the way!

Good day, have fun!! ☮️