• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Health benefit from Opiates/Opioids

I've been sick for the last 2 days with a cold or something, first time I've got sick since I got tonsilitis when I was 22 (6yrs ago) which was around when I started maintenance treatment.

Being sick is shit!!!

I've been sick for the last 2 days with a cold or something, first time I've got sick since I got tonsilitis when I was 22 (6yrs ago) which was around when I started maintenance treatment.

Being sick is shit!!!
oooo, u got sick. But still its been a while sincd the last time ya got sick. So thank the opiates 😊

I didn’t read other comments so apologies for things that may offend.

Stop tripping balls.
It’s a temporary pain relief with more bad long term affects than any other drug.

I take low doses by some of the comparisons here.
I get numb to the point I make actual injuries worse.
Reflux so bad that I literally can’t eat.
Half the time I’m on I can’t shit, then I stop and I’ve got the shits for a week 😂

Opiates are the nicest feels no doubt, but leave you the worst off

And I’m not even bad enough that my liver or kidneys are struggling

A bloke I know years back died after a 22yr addiction.
He was bleeding from every orrifice he had on the end.
Ears, nose, ass, dick.
A brain hemorrhage in rehab finished him.

oooo, u got sick. But still its been a while sincd the last time ya got sick. So thank the opiates 😊
Ya lol at least that's what I choose to believe!! Been sick all week, feeling 90% better now tho. I dunno how normal ppl cope. I guess the other thing is whenever I get symptoms remniscent of the start of a cold I'm not sure if I'm actually sick or just experiencing mild withdrawals so I just take more opioids which helps either way

Ya lol at least that's what I choose to believe!! Been sick all week, feeling 90% better now tho. I dunno how normal ppl cope. I guess the other thing is whenever I get symptoms remniscent of the start of a cold I'm not sure if I'm actually sick or just experiencing mild withdrawals so I just take more opioids which helps either way
Same man, opiates are a wonder drug when u have a cold.

The mental aspect of dealing with opies can be really severe though, not even just withdrawals. Sometimes you literally have to relearn how to socialize and LIVE without them.

If you have legitimate chronic pain and they help you get out of bed and manage your day, then they'd probably help you out because you're dysfunctional at that point anyway without them. Otherwise, most people end up in a really horrible wicked dark place and inevitably lose control of their usage long term. Few people can moderate their doses long term bc the greed kicks in eventually lol. If you're the guy who takes 30 mg of oxy everyday obviously your life will be easier to keep in tact and withdrawals won't decimate you. You may even feel a bit of improvement in your personal life from lower doses. Three years later you could be up to 200 mg daily and that's when it steals your soul. It's important to take breaks and appreciate that there's more to life than opiates, because when you're caught in the trap it's easy to think life without them is impossible. It's really not so bad but the cravings are torturous.

Also--heroin is an entirely different beast. I've known someone who was highly functional on oxy for a very long time but the insta switch to heroin made him lose his mind. Nobody should think that heroin is "just another opiate" imo. Heroin addiction seems to be so much more enticing than opioids, and even fewer people can remain functional on heroin in the long run.

I guess moral of the story is that opiates are short term whether you try to force it or not. There's always the occasional high level doctor or something that's a huge junkie and has gotten away with it for decades but those are an anomaly really. People who dabble in seed tea literally don't go on vacations sometimes because the withdrawal is horrible beyond words. The specific kind ur taking matters.

Last edited:
I know alcohol definitely reduces the immune system and benzos seem to also affect the immune system albeit not as badly.i think smoking pot does too not badly like booze but slightly though it could be bcoz of breathing in burning plant matter ,smoke tar water vapour etc etc and it inflames the lungs making you more susceptible to the common cold.but opiates don't seem to affect the immune system at all.

Yes, agreed also above ^ comment on healthy benifits an expansions.

it is also is much easier to break free from compared to benzo's which seems to be the bias.

Anyone been through both benzo and opie withdrawal? Which would you rather go through assuming you know you'll the benzo kick?

The mental aspect of dealing with opies can be really severe though, not even just withdrawals. Sometimes you literally have to relearn how to socialize and LIVE without them.

If you have legitimate chronic pain and they help you get out of bed and manage your day, then they'd probably help you out because you're dysfunctional at that point anyway without them. Otherwise, most people end up in a really horrible wicked dark place and inevitably lose control of their usage long term. Few people can moderate their doses long term bc the greed kicks in eventually lol. If you're the guy who takes 30 mg of oxy everyday obviously your life will be easier to keep in tact and withdrawals won't decimate you. You may even feel a bit of improvement in your personal life from lower doses. Three years later you could be up to 200 mg daily and that's when it steals your soul. It's important to take breaks and appreciate that there's more to life than opiates, because when you're caught in the trap it's easy to think life without them is impossible. It's really not so bad but the cravings are torturous.

Also--heroin is an entirely different beast. I've known someone who was highly functional on oxy for a very long time but the insta switch to heroin made him lose his mind. Nobody should think that heroin is "just another opiate" imo. Heroin addiction seems to be so much more enticing than opioids, and even fewer people can remain functional on heroin in the long run.

I guess moral of the story is that opiates are short term whether you try to force it or not. There's always the occasional high level doctor or something that's a huge junkie and has gotten away with it for decades but those are an anomaly really. People who dabble in seed tea literally don't go on vacations sometimes because the withdrawal is horrible beyond words. The specific kind ur taking matters.
That's interesting, I've always experienced heroin as precisely just another high potency injectable opioid, never felt anymore addictive than oxy or even morphine as long as I took a higher dose of morphine to compensate for the increased potency of heroin. Are you sure these people weren't becoming so much worse on heroin due to other reasons? Like transitioning to IV use where they previously used oxycodone intranasally, orally etc or also it could be due to using a larger amount of opioid overall because of heroin's cheaper cost/hit? Also it could be cultural, moving from hanging with pill sniffers/poppers to hanging around fulltime IV heroin addicts sure would accelerate someone's descent into full blown addiction

That's interesting, I've always experienced heroin as precisely just another high potency injectable opioid, never felt anymore addictive than oxy or even morphine as long as I took a higher dose of morphine to compensate for the increased potency of heroin. Are you sure these people weren't becoming so much worse on heroin due to other reasons? Like transitioning to IV use where they previously used oxycodone intranasally, orally etc or also it could be due to using a larger amount of opioid overall because of heroin's cheaper cost/hit? Also it could be cultural, moving from hanging with pill sniffers/poppers to hanging around fulltime IV heroin addicts sure would accelerate someone's descent into full blown addiction

He was only using H intranasally. I think the reason he really fell off the deep end was because as we know oxycodone addiction is quite expensive. Once he switched to H, he has wayyyy more of a supply to use lol.

Some people find heroin to have more of a euphoric rush to it while others find it to feel the same as oxy. Although, I have read a number of posts on BL where oxy users switching to heroin stated that they lost control entirely at that point. I wish I could say... I've only tried it once and I found it to be only body high--no euphoria.