• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Health benefit from Opiates/Opioids

^IIRC lope is a methadone analogue so it would make sense that methadone would cause the same cardiac side-effects.

^IIRC lope is a methadone analogue so it would make sense that methadone would cause the same cardiac side-effects.
True, but not before reaching walking dead intoxication levels. Lope needs to be at massive doses just to help stave of bad WD. Methadone doesn't. A 100mg of Lope doesn't do very much centrally acting wise. A100 mg of Methadone does quite a bit.

Some Lope abusers can hit 400mg to get the relief they want, but 400mg of methadone and you're approaching OD territory. So the likely hood of having QT issuse on Methadone is less likely as most don't need anywhaere close to the amount that Lope users need. Usually MMT clinics also do cEKG's to monitor people who get up into the 140mg range or higher to look for individual hERG issues. Lope users don't always go for there EKG at the supermarket the jacked the lope from.

Loperamide's Potency is supposed to be equivalent to Fentanyl too keep in mind. It crosses the blood brain-barrier but then it crosses right back over super quickly. Drugs like Pantoprazole and other PGP Inhibitors supposedly help keep some of the Loperamide in the Brain but when using Large Amounts in Withdrawal I mean I used 100MG of Loperamide once out off curiosity. It did NOTHING for my Withdrawal Symptoms so in my personal opinion Loperamide is mainly due to the specific natural Blood Brain Barrier your Born and Grow up and Age Naturally with that determines how different the Effects would be compared to someone who gets from what I have read people claim 90% of Withdrawal Symptoms are gone from only 10MG of the stuff and I have heard of people Calling Loperamide "OTC Methadone".

But ya even the Loperamide Officially Says for regular Therapeutic Doses of 2-6MG at one time. It says that Loperamide is associated with Heart Attack/Stroke Increased Chances of it happening to you if your using Loperamide.

Last edited:
True, but not before reaching walking dead intoxication levels. Lope needs to be at massive doses just to help stave of bad WD. Methadone doesn't. A 100mg of Lope doesn't do very much centrally acting wise. A100 mg of Methadone does quite a bit.

Some Lope abusers can hit 400mg to get the relief they want, but 400mg of methadone and you're approaching OD territory. So the likely hood of having QT issuse on Methadone is less likely as most don't need anywhaere close to the amount that Lope users need. Usually MMT clinics also do cEKG's to monitor people who get up into the 140mg range or higher to look for individual hERG issues. Lope users don't always go for there EKG at the supermarket the jacked the lope from.

I've used lope extensively to bridge inbetween scripts in the past but unfortunately the amounts needed to combat my then huge tolerance of 100-150mcg per hour fent patch (sometimes used bucally) plus 120-150mg of oxy per day on top meant i needed 100-150 lope tabs per day (200-300mg/day plus PGP inhibitors meant that this was very dangerous... I could get away with this if only bridging for a day or two inbetween scripts but anything longer than that is asking for trouble....while this would 100% iliminate WDs it is way too dangerous for long term use but for those who say lope doesn't work then they simply arent doing it right....it does wotk its just very dangerous in the amounts that a tjsllh work

^ Very True

I've been at the 200mg region before and the dizziness, nystagmus type eye reaction when looking far left or right with your head still is most concerning. When one begins to get winded after climbing a flight of stairs, then arrhythmia isn't too far off.

For one day I can see it helping, but more than that is roulette, and the house always wins eventually.

The ATP-binding cassette/ Pgp system is effective, but when it reaches sturation, the dose-response curve goes way up. It's not linear at all. Problem being you don't know how susceptible you might be until you are sweating profusely/ diaphoretic and can't get out of bed.

hhahahaha law abiding citizen.....more like a zombie from the system :/ shame my family is the same, not that much but u get my point. hahahaha We psychonauts question everything hahahah.
Yeah luckily my dad and brother have both used a fair amount of the 'softer' drugs (never became full on fiends like me) so I had my dad and brother in my corner. It's just my mum who has never used 'drugs' who thinks like that.

My dad was quick to point out that she often uses alcohol to sedate herself and caffeine in the morning to stimulate herself

I'm pretty sure Testosterone levels go back to normal after cessation of Opiates. Only in rare cases people end up with problems regarding low testosterone levels. Btw, who wants to have sex? when you're on opiates it's like having sex with yourself 8-12 hrs a day continuously.

It only goes back to normal if your not a long-time user and heavy user for years and not using it daily. Since well if you use it and then go into Withdrawal the very same day it is just going to bounce back. If your on Methadone Maintenance Daily like a lot of people I have read about and know with Low Testosterone even after cessation. The Levels of Testosterone do bounce back up slightly but not back to 100% normal meaning a lot of people such as myself before Methadone confirmed by blood Tests had like 800 Free Testosterone I know it was higher than 600 now it is 420 Free Testosterone and it was like 320 on the Methadone so yeah and I'm 26 Years old so.

I read about a Thread on here of someone who finished weaning off Methadone using Nolvadex/Tamoxifen that or Clomid/Clomiphene which help stimulate luteinizing Hormone Production after Anabolic Steroid Users finish a Cycle and the guy got his Testosterone from the mid 200s to mid 900s so. Yet the person in the Thread was not very intelligent and did not specify whether the effects maintained after using it or how long he had been in Recovery for from the Methadone. But yeah I was stupid enough to think that my Testosterone would bounce right back being at a young age when I started using in my Teens which probably made things worse if anything compared to using when your Older.

At least if I was older the Doctors would consider TRT Therapy for Me but like I said I plan to try using those well Nolvadex is for Breast Cancer and Clomid is to help Women get Pregnant. Oh and there is very little literature in the effects Opioids have on Testosterone. Anyone interested in this is going to have to some hard work and studying and Anecdotes whether Online or people who used to be on Opioids 24/7 for like a decade or longer you know in person etc.

Last edited:
I had very low testosterone levels after using H for several years daily with suboxone in between to battle WDs and get me through the days I didnt have access to H. I also had a ridiculous vit d deficiency. Both of those leveled out within a few months being opioid free. Maybe a heavy user with a 10+ years of daily use might be at risk for chronic testosterone levels, but I havent heard of it yet. Can you provide some some literature to support your hypothesis/theory? I would be interested in reading it.

Did you even try to find this Information on your own out of curiosity? By the way Vitamin D Deficiency in itself causes low Testosterone you do realize that fact right? Why should I go out of my way to do the work for you about finding not at all hard to find information if your so interested in it, take the time and effort and Few Minutes/hours to look for it like I did and anyone else did/will? I find in Life you can be unaware of a lot of things in Life especially when your not Searching for them.

mod edit: Some are able to find info on their own, others are not. BL is a HR site to help any who need it. We can share our opinions and link sources, out of our own generosity. People come here for help and to help others. The days of UTFSE-(use the fucking search engine) are long gone and ayone who still feels that way shouldn't waste their time here. Esp when recieving help from others, but not charitable enough to help find some info for someone else who might need it.

New Edit, August 27th: Just got out of the Hospital or would of made this sooner... I talked to the Moderator I am talking about here and he did not mean to offend/scare Me off. I had a conversation with him and don't want to say to much about it but basically the basics of what we talked about was he just said he was trying to get Me to the Post the Links to help other people and he told he does not have any desire and or interest in learning about Testosterone and the effects Opioids have on them which being Recovered from them I can understand that. Though he did Confirm for Me when I asked him which I appreciate his honesty when he told Me that he did not Google it at all to find the info when he asked Me for the Links. FOR THE RECORD I was LITERALLY about to Provide some Links. It is NOT AT ALL his fault I understand that. Like he said in the PM's we have people that could really benefit from the Information like this but I am not touching the Subject of Testosterone ever again especially with my Experience of every Bodybuilder/AAS User who uses performance enhancing drugs has there own "Facts" or "Theories" about things and what is "Best" Or "Healthy and Unhealthy" or "What to use for Post Cycle Therapy Recovery" etc. etc. this is just WAY to much of a for lack of a better Term to explain it a extremely debatable Topic. I DO NOT EVER PLAN TO TOUCH THE TOPIC OF Testosterone or let alone any AAS and the effects they have on the body after this experience NEVER EVER AGAIN, just bottom line and how it is as I said just got out of the Hospital. I ONLY WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE prevent being put in a bad situation like this potentially never ever said it was an inevitably going to happen to someone just a possibility sorry if I never made that clear in my Post before. I however made it VERY CLEAR there is VERY LITTLE LITERATURE on this Subject because it's quite obvious the devastating effects it + simply nobody cares to learn more since there is not much need unless your on Opioids 24/7 such as suboxone or Methadone for like Decades not just 2 Years or some if that's all most likely your fine but DEPENDS ON YOUR GENETICS and so many different Factors it literally nearly makes it impossible to study it to a fully extensive result since nobody knows truly how LONG IT TAKES as I said done with this Topic. On the OTHER HAND estrogen which Opioids suppress in Men and Women just like Testosterone which are both in important in Men for example some Men can't produce any Estrogen at all and get Osteoporosis from it just do quick Google search about Men like that to verify it since learning info yourself instead of taking the word of someone in a post is best way, I am not enduring anymore feelings of abuse from Posting what I thought would be helpful information to people which backfired at Me.

Edit: I hope Posting this edit to defend my reputation on Bluelight since I want to help people is not against the Rules. The typos in your Edit Post make Me seem you didn't pay attention or care much about the Post or the Subject of it by judging reading it. Possibly your typing fast and angrily but I'm not judging since that is impossible to tell from words typed out by a person clearly... I was about to Post a bunch Links I had Bookmarked. I am not touching the Subject of Testosterone on Bluelight ever again as I was given less than 30 Minutes to Post the Links before he made a Post saying "But you are irritating me so I'm going to leave this conversation". That coming from a Moderator I can only assume that the Users would get mad and claim not enough proof which. I am not sure if Mr. Deeds even bothered to google and look up say Methadone being a hint before asking for Me to Provide Links IMMEDIATELY this MINUTE! Methadone is powerful and lasts easily for 24 Hours before withdrawal compared to users of other drugs for years. Like I said not here to talk about the Subject ever again I would have people P.M. for Links but would be a lot I bet. I even bet each person would want a Novel of Studies when I clearly Stated their is very little Literature about it. I should Post Links after being Bullied out of this Thread like that No Thank You to what "Punishment" comes next as you act as if you can hear the tone of my Voice through the Words I am Texting I'm not using capitals with ! after them I don't understand why I am so drastically quick to be judged.

OH! If Mr.Deeds did reply with saying I'm being rude when I never said UTFSE = (Use The Fucking Search Engine) or anything similar to that I am simply saying if you don't believe Research it to Verify it yourself since that is the best way to find Information on your own and not just by some random Post that could be harmful unlike what I'm saying is potentially possible but I never ever said the Effects were Inevitable either hence I said there is very little literature mainly on the most Researched Drug there is I think which is Methadone, please tell Me why am I getting words put into my Mouth? Thank You.

I hope defending myself a bit is allowed if not then please remove my response since the only thing I wanted/want to do is help people in situations like I am in right especially of all things but it seems like that is harder to do than said.

Not sure why you said "I'm annoyed now" when I was literally about to Post 2 or 3 Links which you would reacted "Not enough Cited Studies" which I said there is not much Literature on it since we don't need to know more about it essentially and the most prone users would be Methadone since Suboxone is a partial agonist but I don't know how much difference that makes if any at all so don't put words in my mouth saying I'm stating these as facts or something like that and AGAIN I APOLOGIZE!

I Sincerely apologize that I did not make my Post more Clearly but I thought it was clear that I was making the point of "If you don't believe Me you can always do your own Research since even if I Provide A few Links it would not be enough proof"
which there is very little Literature about the subject since the effect of Opioids has on Users Testosterone is very clear. Which by the way I was making my own Post at the time and I just got out of the Hospital and I got a bunch of my own problems and I want to help people out BUT I CAN ONLY SO MUCH AND DO IT FAST because I'm only Human just like the rest of you.

Not sure why you said "I'm annoyed now" when I was literally about to Post 2 or 3 Links which you would reacted "Not enough Cited Studies" which I said there is not much Literature on it since we don't need to know more about it essentially and the most prone users would be Methadone since Suboxone is a partial agonist but I don't know how much difference that makes if any at all so don't put words in my mouth saying I'm stating these as facts or something like that and AGAIN I APOLOGIZE!

I Sincerely apologize that I did not make my Post more Clearly but I thought it was clear that I was making the point of "If you don't believe Me you can always do your own Research since even if I Provide A few Links it would not be enough proof"
which there is very little Literature about the subject since the effect of Opioids has on Users Testosterone is very clear. Which by the way I had my own stuff going on at the time like making my own Post and I just got out of the Hospital and I have my Dog with a bladder infection pissing all over the floor and I got to let her out constantly until she improves so I AM ONLY HUMAN LIKE THE REST OF YOU AND I WANT TO HELP YOU ALL BUT I CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH AND I CAN'T DO IT SO FAST AND INSTANTLY like you seemed to literally demanded the information with the word please in front of it as if that makes your post more pleasant looking.

Last edited:
Vitamin D Deficiency in itself causes low Testosterone you do realize that fact right? Why should I go out of my way to do the work for you about finding this information if your so interested in it? I find in Life you can be unaware of a lot of things in Life when your not Searching for them.

Yes I know that and please dont be rude to me. I'm only offering what I know. I was asking for data because this site is supposed to be a forum based on actual information and not ranting. I would appreciate it if you could post how you know this for many other members who are curious about this. I'm not going to look up anything if you already have the answer and will not share how you know it. It makes me think you are basing this on assumptions. There was no need to come at me so harshly Echo. Post a link, if you cant find one then oh well. But you are irritating me so I'm going to leave this conversation. But I'll still be watching to see if you are going to keep this attitude up with others. A heated discussion is fine, telling me to do my own research when you say you know for a fact without providing data is NOT fine and potentially harmful.

It seems that opioid use has the ability to interact with the immune system in a variety of ways. There is data showing that chronic use (this study defines chronic use as 24 months) can suppress the immune system. This may play a factor in why you dont "get sick". In reality you are probably still catching the colds but your body is not responding to the virus and thus the nasty inflammatory response that makes a person feel so shitty is not presenting. But this ultimately is a negative effect of chronic use because you are allowing your body to become more susceptible to disease.

Opioid System Modulates the Immune Function: A Review
Whether Kratom is a opiod in the true sense is debatable. But when I was on it 24/ 7 during a seriously stressfull period of my live. I was sick 5 /7 day's every other week. That is having a flue like shit the first and third weekend of the month. 14/ 18 healthy day's. So imo stress is a more weighty facto on the inmune sytem.

Being sick and having Kratom is a godsend btw, beat's all other symptom reducer's. Still get sick though.

Um.... Do you not consider your Testosterone Level being the equal to a 80 Year Old Man since Opioids used 24/7 will INHIBIT your lUTEINIZING HORMONE 24/7 and even when stopping Opioids/Opiates like Methadone. Your Testosterone/Estrogen stays in the Toilet and is mainly one of the reasons for low sex drive on them. Similar to Anabolic Androgenic Steroid Users of Testosterone Injections that ust Post Cycle Therapy Drugs that Stimulate the body to make lUTEINIZING HORMONE again on it's OWN is what I have read to be the ONLY thing to kick start a 25 Year Old Male's Testosterone Levels on a Thread here but he never came back to Post whether the Results maintained themselves but he did say his Testosterone went from below 300 to 954 or something.

During the period I was on Kratom, not the part's with flue. My libido was 100%

Everybody pisses his or hers hormones in the toilet, nothing weird going on over there. Just keep homeostasis, must be the weed I reckon!

Last edited:
Whether Kratom is a opiod in the true sense is debatable. But when I was on it 24/ 7 during a seriously stressfull period of my live. I was sick 5 /7 day's every other week. That is having a flue like shit the first and third weekend of the month. 14/ 18 healthy day's in a month. So imo stress is a more weighty facto on the imunne sytem.

During the period I was on Kratom, not the part's with flue. My libido was 100%

Everybody pisses his or hers hormones in the toilet, nothing weird going on over there. Just keep homeostasis, must be the weed I reckon!

Kratom isnt IMO a true opioid. It activates opiate receptors but it is much more complex. Similar to how tianeptine isnt an opiod but has mu agonist activity (I'm not comparing the 2 in terms of effects though, just giving an example). I still get sick and I take kratom daily. But when I used heroin I never got the flu or a cold or other common illnesses. But in reality I probably did but wasnt feeling the immune response from the illness.

I don't remember mentioning kratom though, why did you quote me on your kratom post?

Kratom isnt IMO a true opioid. It activates opiate receptors but it is much more complex. Similar to how tianeptine isnt an opiod but has mu agonist activity (I'm not comparing the 2 in terms of effects though, just giving an example). I still get sick and I take kratom daily. But when I used heroin I never got the flu or a cold or other common illnesses. But in reality I probably did but wasnt feeling the immune response from the illness.

I don't remember mentioning kratom though, why did you quote me on your kratom post?
My quote was refering to the link about opiods supressing the immune system.

As I got sick constantly while addicted to Kratom it seemed as relevant. But you allready nailed it down as you got sick on it too. But not on Heroin, goes for all traditional opiate's probably. So that explain's the difference for me, I have no exp taking other opi's longterm ;)

fuck yeah the libertines!!

I too approve of the new avatar(y)

I have heard chronic opiate use makes you look younger. I am 38 and people always think I am in my mid 20's. Correlation does not equal causation but I have always found it interesting that I have been a heroin addict for over 20yrs and when people see me that I knew back in highschool they are amazed at how well I've aged..... Even got the old "What's your secret?".... "Why of course, late teens MDMA abuse, develop a heroin addiction in your early 20's, get on methadone and benzos, have a few raging crack periods that result in rehab, get a private doc for methadone and benzos but run out of your meds 2 weeks early every month, so that you are withdrawing 2 weeks out of every month of the year for 4yrs, Kick methadone and benzos, while not sleeping for months, relapse a couple of times and well that's about it, I guess it's cause I'm a week clean and living healthy.... Ya know."

Last edited:

I have heard chronic opiate use makes you look younger. I am 38 and people always think I am in my mid 20's. Correlation does not equal causation but I have always found it interesting that I have been a heroin addict for over 20yrs and when people see me that I knew back in highschool they are amazed at how well I've aged..... Even got the old "What's your secret?".... "Why of course, late teens MDMA abuse, develop a heroin addiction in your early 20's, get on methadone and benzos, have a few raging crack periods that result in rehab, get a private doc for methadone and benzos but run out of your meds 2 weeks early every month, so that you are withdrawing 2 weeks out of every month of the year for 4yrs, Kick methadone and benzos, while not sleeping for months, relapse a couple of times and well that's about it, I guess it's cause I'm a week clean and living healthy.... Ya know."

" Run out of your meds 2 weeks early every month, so that you are withdrawing 2 weeks out of every month of the year for 4yrs"
GOD, this was me too for years with my Opiates and Benzos.! Those were some Rough Days indeed.! Now i'm on the Subutex Train for the last 5 years, and not sure of my next stop.! Subutex is the first drug I can make last all month. Amazing stuff for the moment...
Over my many,many years of Opiate use, and several friends use as well it all comes down to "Genetics". Some users can do opiates for years, and not experience hardly any ill effects.!! Now that is Truly some good Genes.! Lucky Fuckers.! While other users of opiates I have seen The Gambit of side effects ...from Premature Gray hair, to Low T, Vitamin D deficiency causing tooth loss, Brain damage due to hypoxia, resulting from respiratory depression... Like memory loss. Have you ever turned Blue, and passed out do to an OD.? ...then the next thing you see is a paramedic over you ..brought back to life thanks to Narcan.! Not breathing for that long kills some brain cells. I'm personally sure of that.! "But The main Benefit I get out of Opiates is Chronic Pain relief so I can live a normal life.!" Yes Sir

" Run out of your meds 2 weeks early every month, so that you are withdrawing 2 weeks out of every month of the year for 4yrs"
GOD, this was me too for years with my Opiates and Benzos.! Those were some Rough Days indeed.! Now i'm on the Subutex Train for the last 5 years, and not sure of my next stop.! Subutex is the first drug I can make last all month. Amazing stuff for the moment...
Over my many,many years of Opiate use, and several friends use as well it all comes down to "Genetics". Some users can do opiates for years, and not experience hardly any ill effects.!! Now that is Truly some good Genes.! Lucky Fuckers.! While other users of opiates I have seen The Gambit of side effects ...from Premature Gray hair, to Low T, Vitamin D deficiency causing tooth loss, Brain damage due to hypoxia, resulting from respiratory depression... Like memory loss. Have you ever turned Blue, and passed out do to an OD.? ...then the next thing you see is a paramedic over you ..brought back to life thanks to Narcan.! Not breathing for that long kills some brain cells. I'm personally sure of that.! "But The main Benefit I get out of Opiates is Chronic Pain relief so I can live a normal life.!" Yes Sir

Definitely know all about the benzo opiate cycle. I could never keep my meds all month. I have overdosed more times than I can count. I think kratom is a much better harm reduction choice for so many reasons. Good luck. I'm trying the NA route right now but I slipped up and took 5 grams kratom tonight.

beautifully described.