• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Headaches from GABA drugs

Slow_Mobius

Bluelight Crew
For the past couple months, I've been getting splitting headaches in the afternoon. It feels almost exactly like a caffeine headache, but no amount of caffeine or water that I drink seems to help.

I've noticed that it seems sort of correlated with using GABA drugs, especially on days after taking a lot of Ambien. Is this a normal acute WD symptom for GABAergic drugs? Ive gone through minor WDs from a couple GABA dugs before, including Ambien, but I've never had these headaches until a couple months ago. Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem... Thanks

I definitely have experienced something like this during periods of high dose Ambien and Lunesta usage. Also during high dose Lyrica usage. Also during high dose phenibut use LOL. With the phenibut and Lyrica I think it simply has to do with side effects related to super high dosages. With the z-drugs I think it has to do with something more associated with a withdrawal type symptom.

The only GABA drug that's given me headaches is ethanol.
High dose gabapentin and cessation: no headache.
But then I've never played around much with the Z-drugs, because they scare me. Waking up after taking high doses of Ambien and muscle relaxers, with weird pains, Tiger Woods naked beside you? Trail of blood leading out to the car? It'd be like my alcohol withdrawal anxiety-terrors, only fuckin real.

How could I forget alcohol 8)

I never had an issue with gabapentin and this, not even with ridiculous dosages or binging.

I get bouts of lightheadedness from Lyrica alright, & some sleepers, but that's from only high doses. Never tried Gabapentin coz I don't think that it's used here in Ireland :)

I might need to take a break from the Ambien I guess :/ I feel like I'm getting into dangerous territory with how often im using Ambien and/or Klonopin, so it's probably for the best anyways. Thanks

How long are you taking Ambien since? Have you taking any breaks from it since you started? :)

I've been taking it for years now, but I've been taking some periodic breaks. I used to use higher doses less frequently, but lately I've been using it almost every night at lower doses. Im thinking I might need to take a break and go back to using it more sporadically

Gabapentin and Valium for some reason seem to do it. Weirdly though no other benzo has that issue during withdrawals or tapering , but Valium does for some odd reason .

Gabapentin is mainly the one though, it rarely happens with Valium if it does. With gabapentin though, it's like common place and I expect it now I got back into it like a retard trying to "taper off of tar" and using gabapentin to help lower my dose but I just got re addicted now I'm 6-7 days cold turkey into it and the headaches are the most common thing I'm experiencing