• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

HDMP-28 or methylnaphthidate

The research says it's like methylphenidate but with with 5HT reuptake capabilities and a lower abuse potential (probably longer duration).

i thought it was meant to be more dopaminergic than methylphenidate, and that the 5ht reuptake would make it more euphoric a lá cocaine

I haven't seen any hNET data, and I'm not sure why it'd have a greater hDAT affinity. The rats said it wasn't very likable, through discrimination studies.

The research says it's like methylphenidate but with with 5HT reuptake capabilities and a lower abuse potential (probably longer duration).

To cite our second best friend Wikipedia:
It is a potent dopamine reuptake inhibitor, with several times the potency of methylphenidate and a short duration of action,[1]
The quoted reference [1] is:
Lile JA, Wang Z, Woolverton WL, France JE, Gregg TC, Davies HM, Nader MA
"The reinforcing efficacy of psychostimulants in rhesus monkeys: the role of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics"
Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 2003 , 307(1), pp.356-66
PMID 12954808

Anybody here with full access who could provide some insight?

- Murphy

Errr... The full text is free: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/307/1/356.full.pdf

"In terms of their duration of action, these drugs can be divided into two
groups: short (cocaine, MP, HDMP-28, and HDMP-29) and
long (HD-23, HD-60, and PTT)"

So there you have it. I guess all the polar groups facilitate rapid clearance.

should this also be handled carefully because of the naphta group (because of epoxid formation)? or does it have a different metabolism?

I think that ester cleavage should happen much faster (..the resulting amino acid is easily excreted IMO, as it should form a zwitterion) than ring-oxidation.

To my best knowledge is the exact metabolism of this compound not published. So again we have to guess everything.

- Murphy

Don't know what the obsession with replacing a phenyl group with a naphthyl - it's geting as bad as wanting to stick a methylenediox ring on every stimulant...

i would guess it is easy to change the synth in that way to use a naphta compund than a phenyl one

Well heck, why stop at naphtalene?

Here's the next big thing on the stimulant market - coronenylpropanamine!

pahamp.png

Guaranteed hell of a rush with a side taste of CANCER.

Well heck, why stop at naphtalene?

Here's the next big thing on the stimulant market - coronenylpropanamine!

pahamp.png

Guaranteed hell of a rush with a side taste of CANCER.

easy to synth as well, genious! 8) Ok so who has Links to China?? any takers? ;)

pahamp.png

Can we stick a methylene-dioxy group on this? :p

ebola

Why just one? We can stick five of them on it!!!

pahmda.png

OMG THIS IS THE COOLEST STRUCTURE EVER!!!!!!!1111

I'm going to call it either mephzo-furydrone or NRG-3.14. Haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
I nominate this thread for Best of Bluelight :D.

Thanks for theh lulz.

p.s. Is the beta-keto version legal in the UK? =D