• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Having a hard time stopping Clonazepam

underwater88

Greenlighter
I've been taking this drug for over 8 years on and off for different periods of times each time. I'm on 4 mg currently I'm supposed to go to 3.5 mg in 8 days (14 total) andI'm having a hard time now having a chill pill in my pocket. Anyone has found a way to stop thinking about benzos and giving them up?

My advice would be to - if possible - reduce the speed of the taper, you’ve been taking large amounts of Clon for a long time and it’ll take a while to adjust after each reduction.

.5 in one reduction seems overly ambitious to me. You might be more comfortable with drops of .25 or less..

Going fast always seems tempting but it’s very hard to successfully taper if the taper is too rapid.

I find it very hard to resist taking benzos if they’re just lying around in my pocket, for me I would need someone to hold onto the pills and dispense or - barring that - keep the pills in a location that makes them inaccessible for most of the day, like leave them at home and only take my prescribed amount with me

I would also recommend thinking about what comes after a successful taper, what provisions do you have in place to ensure you can cope and don’t backslide; therapy for anxiety issues, exercise, social support, substituting one behaviour for another healthier behaviour can be helpful, I use cannabis when I need an anxiolytic instead

Are the pills prescribed? Are you being forced to taper by a doctor? Is there a reason for such a quick taper?

source them illegally to slow the taper. I was supervised detox for 3 week and they reduced me from 90mg of diaz a day to something like 15 in that period. I was having a bad time, i tell ya hwat.

source them illegally to slow the taper. I was supervised detox for 3 week and they reduced me from 90mg of diaz a day to something like 15 in that period. I was having a bad time, i tell ya hwat.

Although this comes with other risks if you can even find a klonopin dealer--this is probably how i'd try to deal with it if I were in your shoes.

Whatever the drug--who cares stopping it if we only have physical dependency? It's the psychological dependency that occurs with the drugs we love that makes it somewhat unbearable to even go one day without them at times. If klonopin made its way into your heart whether you taper or not it will be a tough blow. I do think its the best benzo for several reasons. People tend to prefer it to alprazolam a good number of times.

I've been taking this drug for over 8 years on and off for different periods of times each time. I'm on 4 mg currently I'm supposed to go to 3.5 mg in 8 days (14 total) andI'm having a hard time now having a chill pill in my pocket. Anyone has found a way to stop thinking about benzos and giving them up?
You're habituated to a benzodiazepine with one of the longer half-lives, so it is mostly if not entirely psychological unless you have gone without it 24-48 hours. However as you get down to 1 mg and under you need to go slower and do everything to proactively reset the GABA receptors in your brain: exercise, diet, vitamins (esp. C, D, Niacin, and a B-complex, as well as magnesium + sublingual melatonin for sleep) and even cannabis (very small doses of indica if you can tolerate it). Also an acupuncturist is highly recommended.

Where it might take you six months to go from 4 to 1 mg be prepared to spend almost as much time tapering off completely. Therefore your doctor, whom I hope you getting this from, should prescribe .5mg at the end of the process by which time you'll be breaking it into quarters, getting down to .125mg twice daily and finally once daily.

Go to 12 step meetings and realize you're not alone. Pray for the healing of your body because it is the Temple of your soul

Last edited: