• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants havent came down off tweak for 2 months now...

chunzlayd33

Greenlighter
tweaking 2 months, havent allowed "comedown". How it began, the effects it has

Yes, that is true. I haven't came down for about 2 months now. However I've been smoking the last 6 months, but it was only on the weekends. The weekends turned into the weekdays, and soon it became everyday...
This is what people call "relapse"
Because this is not the first time I've allowed myself to become addicted to it. I really abused the drug in my early 20's. I was really bad. I corrupted so many innocent people, I snuck out everynight with random people, I used to force myself to stay awake, because I enjoyed the feeling of being paranoid, angry, and psycotic, and at one point I wanted to see how long I could go without sleep, so I did...I stayed up for two weeks straight, only quick naps (20 minutes or less), I was insane, and I still kind of remember how I felt the final days when my body completely shut down. I remember waking up next to the crack of my bedroom door, and your probably wondering why I fell asleep there, huh? Well, I was so paranoid that I would lay down on the floor for hours straight listening to voices and footsteps, thinking that everyone was out to get me, until, finally I blacked out. I slept for 3 full days. It wasn't a good kind of sleep, though. The sleep was so deep, that I thought I was in a coma or dead.
I used so many people and took advantage of so many people until I got what I needed, and could care less if I lost them or not. Straight heartless, not giving a fuck, no hope for the future or for change in my life. But, as time went by I did change once I met my fiance, and he changed me for the better. Although we still did drugs together, I wasn't out of control like I was before. I had found someone that could hold me down....
5 years later, here I am...letting history repeat itself. However, this time around is much different. I have become a functional addict.
I work full time, take care of my family and child, pay bills and rent on time, attend social events and family gatherings, eat, sleep, and function to what other people would say appears to be normal....but if they only knew the truth behind it all. So here is what my body is experiencing these past 2 months as I have not allowed my body to comedown:
Yes, I sleep everynight, however, I do not have "dreams" anymore...every night is just blank to me. I see nothingness, blackness...until I wake up. My fiance also informed me that I have slept walked many times, having conversations unconsciously and walking around the room in a daze, talking random words that make no sense, and the morning after I have no recollection of this ever occuring. And on some days when I wake up in the morning my eyes are completely blurry, (I have 20/20 vision) no matter how much visine I use to lubricate my eyes, it does nothing, I cannot see or read clearly at all for the first 2 hours after 'waking up'. Trippy that happens because I get rest for at least 4-6 hours everynight. I am not binging the drug use by staying up for days on end, my eyes should be fine...but they are not. It is very uncomfortable, and a little bit painful at times.
The other issue I am currently facing, and is something I never faced before, not even in my past days when I was heavier user of this drug is a problem with my bladder, or kidneys, which one I am not too sure, but whenever I try to urinate, it takes a long time to do it. At one point, I had to go so badly but couldn't, I sat there fully concentrating for a full 5 minutes. Until I finally released. And this is not caused by something 'physically' wrong with me (ie: yeast infection, bladder infection, std etc.) I definitely do not have any of the symptoms that would indicate I had any of those problems. It feels like there is an issue with the part of the brain that controls movement and coordination in daily functions that most people don't even have to think About in order to do it. It is natural to most people. But people who abuse drugs in long term usage face this kind of problem. The problem mostly will effect or damage the nervous system, which is pretty much what every single person needs to live a normal healthy life without retardation or disease.
I am also irritable, depressed, have obsessive habits I cannot control, mood-swings, anger issues, frustration, and very poor memory (both short term and long term), but the problem is more with my short term memory.
It has been 2 months now since this day to day maintanance begun, and I have not once camedown yet. In the beggining I feared facing a horrible comedown....now I fear facing withdrawl, as I have become much more dependant on it than before when I binged for days then crashed. At least my body did crash and rejuvinated itself before binging again. I did try to see what I felt like last week, when I didn't smoke at the time my body was used to. And I have honestly never felt like that before. I began to sweat profusely, felt extremely nauscious and sick to my stomach, my entire body was shaking all over, I felt chills, and felt so weak I couild barely talk or stand, or even to keep my eyes open. I honestly at that point didn't even want more of the drug, but I smoked it to see how my body would react. And my body did react to it. I felt normal again. I didn't even feel high off of the drug at that moment. My body needs the drug to function now. And I will have to cope with the simple fact that one day, this will end....

Last edited:
Oh my...it sounds as though you need a change...you need some help. Does your fiancee know about your use....and the frequency in which you use? Could you go to him for help? Sounds like you may need some help (ie rehab) this time around. After all, you have much more at stake this time...a family, child(ren) that depend on you!

The very best of luck...please get the help you need, before something bad happens, physically or emotionally.

One thing I am kinda confused about is how you can sleep without considering that coming down. I am not a stimulant person and only really have done a few lines of coke in my life so bear with me. I would just think that in order for your body to sleep for 4-6 hours you would have to come down. So why don't you consider sleeping for 4-6 hours coming down? Maybe you have been able to keep this daily use up for so long because you do come down every night and then start up the cycle again in the morning. I see this more as daily use, like a child with ADD would use his/her ritalin/adderall. You wouldn't consider that child to be on one long binge, but you would consider them to be taking daily medication. I think that's what is happening with you.

Am I missing something?

But anyways, good luck to you. This must be extremely difficult. I have a problem with downers so I have been through addiction and the problems associated with it. This place is really good for getting stuff off your chest. Things that you normally would not tell anyone but need to say. You can come here and write all those things down and people will not judge you because this is a place for addicts to share their deepest issues and secrets.

If you put effort into your recovery things will get better. It's pretty much guaranteed. There are also so many ways you can help/speed up (no pun intended) your recovery. There a lot of really good threads here created just for the purpose of helping people like you. Search around TDS and its archives. Look at the sticky threads. If you read all of the info you will gain a lot of insight into recovery from drug abuse. Good luck.

I, like the previous poster, am very inexperienced with amphetamines. However, I can say the urine problem is commonly linked with amphs and mdma(chemically similar). It has to do with the excessive load of neurotransmitters and a anti-diuretic your body produces, while in that state. When I rolled at Bonnaroo, I drank close to 5 gallons of water due to the roll and the 100 degree heat. Despite that, I did not go to pee that often.

As a side note, the best thing to do if your getting bad side effects is to get off the drug. Easier said than done, but if you want to you can.

"The sleep was so deep, that I thought I was in a coma or dead."

You were thinking this while you were in a coma, I find this hard to understand because you said your sleep was just blank...

Or do you mean you thought this once you woke up... but then you would have known you wasn't dead...

Or on this particular 3 day sleep did you have lucid thoughts?

Just out of interest... thanks!

One thing I am kinda confused about is how you can sleep without considering that coming down. I am not a stimulant person and only really have done a few lines of coke in my life so bear with me. I would just think that in order for your body to sleep for 4-6 hours you would have to come down. So why don't you consider sleeping for 4-6 hours coming down? Maybe you have been able to keep this daily use up for so long because you do come down every night and then start up the cycle again in the morning. I see this more as daily use, like a child with ADD would use his/her ritalin/adderall. You wouldn't consider that child to be on one long binge, but you would consider them to be taking daily medication. I think that's what is happening with you.

Am I missing something?

But anyways, good luck to you. This must be extremely difficult. I have a problem with downers so I have been through addiction and the problems associated with it. This place is really good for getting stuff off your chest. Things that you normally would not tell anyone but need to say. You can come here and write all those things down and people will not judge you because this is a place for addicts to share their deepest issues and secrets.

If you put effort into your recovery things will get better. It's pretty much guaranteed. There are also so many ways you can help/speed up (no pun intended) your recovery. There a lot of really good threads here created just for the purpose of helping people like you. Search around TDS and its archives. Look at the sticky threads. If you read all of the info you will gain a lot of insight into recovery from drug abuse. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your kind words. One day things will change. But addiction is a struggle. However, you had stated something about my ability to sleep every night as "coming down", Well, in my opinion I am not really coming down, I am just tired enough to go to sleep. Like I had mentioned as well, is that I haven't had a dream since this entire 'binge" began 2 months ago. So I did my research online, trying to find out what would cause that...and the reason is, your subconscious mind, never stops working (thinking). You may be asleep, but your mind is constantly running, never really shuts down. A lot of people will no longer have dreams, if they don't get enough sleep every night, busy lifestyle, stress, etc.
Yes, I sleep every night, but I don't believe I am coming down...because when my alarm goes off in the morning, and I only got 4 hours of sleep, if I was 'coming down' at all, im pretty sure that alarm wouldn't even wake me up, Ide be so done & body just shut down, but when my alarm goes off, I wake up no problem, feeling energized, like normal.....because the drug's effects are still in me. I have faced the comedown a few weeks ago, I stopped for almost a full day....OMG, I get sick....like sweating, nasuea, headache, chills....
Well, just wanted to let you know, take care

One thing I am kinda confused about is how you can sleep without considering that coming down. I am not a stimulant person and only really have done a few lines of coke in my life so bear with me. I would just think that in order for your body to sleep for 4-6 hours you would have to come down.

Meth lasts a really long time Zyggy. Cocaine is really short lived, like < 1 hour in duration. Meth can last up to 24 hours in someone who doesn't have any amphetamine tolerance/experience.

yes i have been there in the past,i used to work construction in my early 20's ,i'm 33 now and would work 7 -12 hour days for like amonth straight and everone did speed to stay up and i got it all free basicly to get the job done on time,the bosses i think were paying for it to be given out and i stayed up 35 days or so and I would lay down and not sleep it would be like a 15 minute peroid of zoned out blackness which would actually be 5 hours mayb eof spun out mental wierdness i would not rememeber cause my brain was kinda asleep or in another place and I was laying ther not realizing it and i still use speed from time to time but i ended up shooting speed in large amounts numerous times a day,being around meth labs..etc.. so Good luck I hope you can gett outta the spun zone..i still like it but not for more than a fe wdays streaight cause when your brain is that stimulated for that long coming down is like a hit of acid..reality becomes a wierd trip....watch out for speed people..the were not just talking shit in the 60's about speed kills....for real..

i got the pee problem too as a result of a lot of mdma use...
just skimed the long post, can't focus on reading the whole thing right now, but did she mention urinary retention?
thats the thing i ahted most about mdma, id drink a decent amount of water, and then i couldn't pee and i spend an hour ont he toilet trying to push it out,f uckk
worst thing ever,

some people have over protective parents, or live with a signifigant other, and if they are known to use drugs, they might have rules in that place theyd have to adhere to to be alowed to live their,

Welp, this is generally the time you start making a plan to control the damage of your addiction, and the damage that quitting will cause. (Feeling sick, missing work, Wanting to stay in bed for a week). You gotta slow down girl....

Anyway, It seems your mind is still in one piece. Thank god, I know my mind would be the first thing to go after a bender like that. Maybe I am confused. How much meth are you taking? Are you smoking it?

Shit i've done coke for so many hours straight that I ended up walking into my living room, where my parents were watching tv, and just passing out on the couch. I was still sniffing lines right before this and don't remember it at all. Slept for like 2-3 hours, woke up, finished my coke.

Am I missing something?

once your body is used to amphetamines, its very possible to sleep on them. You have to train yourself. I once had a friend that was so addicted he had to smoke speed to sleep.

I've found
low dose amph = relaxing, mind clearing
medium dose amph = stimulating
high dose amph = very stimulating
REALLY high dose amph = sleepy. Its not like a 'tired' sleepy, its like a 'my brain is so fucked up right now that it can't continue being conscious'

Thank you so much for your kind words. One day things will change. But addiction is a struggle. However, you had stated something about my ability to sleep every night as "coming down", Well, in my opinion I am not really coming down, I am just tired enough to go to sleep. Like I had mentioned as well, is that I haven't had a dream since this entire 'binge" began 2 months ago. So I did my research online, trying to find out what would cause that...and the reason is, your subconscious mind, never stops working (thinking). You may be asleep, but your mind is constantly running, never really shuts down. A lot of people will no longer have dreams, if they don't get enough sleep every night, busy lifestyle, stress, etc.
Yes, I sleep every night, but I don't believe I am coming down...because when my alarm goes off in the morning, and I only got 4 hours of sleep, if I was 'coming down' at all, im pretty sure that alarm wouldn't even wake me up, Ide be so done & body just shut down, but when my alarm goes off, I wake up no problem, feeling energized, like normal.....because the drug's effects are still in me. I have faced the comedown a few weeks ago, I stopped for almost a full day....OMG, I get sick....like sweating, nasuea, headache, chills....
Well, just wanted to let you know, take care

Let me ask you a question. Actually two questions.

Are you somewhat proud of this feat?
Are you aware how quickly you are probably killing yourself?

Overbearing Parents....

LSDMDMA&8555870 said:
what person in their 20's has to sneak out? explain.

Well it was either 2 choices, sneak out, or just leave, and never come back. I know I was only 20, but I had no family of my own yet, or a car...or enough to live on my own.,..I chose to hide the truth, for the sake of having a roof over my head

Let me ask you a question. Actually two questions.

Are you somewhat proud of this feat?
Are you aware how quickly you are probably killing yourself?

What kind of question is that? Who is proud to be an addict? No one I know. And yes...drugs kill. I too will die someday...And when I do face death, I will die happy knowing I lived my life doing the things I wanted to do. No holding back. No restrictions. Plus I am obsessed with countering the effects that are damaging. In example: Vitamins, eating healthy, daily exercising the mind, maintain oral health, have regular doctor checkups, skin treatments etc...

Welp, this is generally the time you start making a plan to control the damage of your addiction, and the damage that quitting will cause. (Feeling sick, missing work, Wanting to stay in bed for a week). You gotta slow down girl....

Anyway, It seems your mind is still in one piece. Thank god, I know my mind would be the first thing to go after a bender like that. Maybe I am confused. How much meth are you taking? Are you smoking it?

Yes I am a smoker...though a while back, I was sniffing it, but it f*** up your nose...and the high isnt as good

I suppose you'll naturally come back to normal if you give it more time. The body is very good at getting back to a more homeostatic ("normal") state if you give it time.

Also, the automatic motor functions that you describe having difficulty executing is to be expected with heavy usage of dopaminergics as the dopaminergic system is heavily implicated in motor control (This is why dopaminergics help those with Parkinsons).