• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Have you witnessed a miracle..?

Legalizing all drugs is a miracle..

Deliver the man and woman to themselves.

Each awareness of another is a service(tiferet)

Being we are pretty loose on our definition of miracle I would say I believe doctors raise people from the dead daily so that's really an ordinary not a miracle.
I think it is when they've been lifeless for a long time. At worst one could call it strange, but to me that's what a miracle is. It's weird

There are also miracles of science which could probably be classified as actual miracles. I don't know the first thing about science myself so I'll leave that to the experts

I don't believe in magic, unless you consider magic tricks. To me there is no supernatural and no sentient singular being that guides the universe. I used to believe in there being an outside caretaker like a simulation or a God type figure outside of the universe, I can't see any reason to believe either of those scenarios are possible but the scenario I see all around me points to a different solution.

On the simplest level I looked at every instance of a miracle I could find and when I had been unable to find a single supernatural event in the natural world I began to consider the miracles we were looking for and the ones being written about were not the same things.

For example the bible story of Jesus feeding the crowd of 5000. Bible scholars loose themselves in a blissful fantasy when they say God suddenly made the food appear. Perhaps God did but I see a very natural path and a far greater miracle in that story.

I see a story about a teacher attracting a large crowd of people who have traveled several hours to listen to him speak. He spoke for hours on love, charity, hope, kindness and talked about making your life one of merit. When it has passed into the meal time he pauses his talk so everyone can eat. As his talk all day has been on charity love and sharing he asked the crowd who has brought food to share with those who haven't. One boy who was actually paying attention jumps up to offer his lunch but no one else budged, remember these people have lived in bitter war since time began they don't share well.

Unfazed by this Jesus gives a traditional prayer of thanks to God for providing breaks the bread and fish and passes it on. People that like magic add in a variety of things that may have occurred and there was an excess as a result. My personal opinion is that as that food was passed others added from their lunches feeling a burn of shame that cut deep. I see the real miracle that day as 5000 people learned the joy of sharing and their story has been told the world over a billion times.

EDIT: I should point out the real miracle in this story wasn't even done by Jesus, it was done by the nameless boy. Jesus simply set up a circumstance where positive human interaction could result in this young boys story being told as long as any other man alive that day. The nameless boy lives eternally in our story telling, a way of making someone immortal for a good deed.

Donald Trump wearing a mask could spark a miracle of common sense.

I see miracles and I do consider every life brought back a miracle, to me miracles are not magic, they are determined amounts of effort that has confidence in results.

If we look for magic we will always be disappointed, but if we look for change in ourselves we will find miracles. There have been a few happen here on this board, in fact they happen most where people share anything from food to ideas.

Last edited:
Ran full force on LSD into a 3rd story window and bounced back so hard off it i landed agaisn't the other side of the room 2 metres away and it didn't break or me going through it and killing me snapped me back to reality for a short while with just a crack through it. it was double glazed and quite strong. Thats a fucking mircale of LSD folks the supernatural type out of the matrix.

Ran full force on LSD into a 3rd story window and bounced back so hard off it i landed agaisn't the other side of the room 2 metres away and it didn't break or me going through it and killing me snapped me back to reality for a short while with just a crack through it. it was double glazed and quite strong. Thats a fucking mircale of LSD folks the supernatural type out of the matrix.

Was this a “I can fly” incident? ;)

-GC

Was this a “I can fly” incident? ;)

-GC
was part of my first trip where i took 3 hits reality had finally appeared again and i came back from the void of infinity and thought i was immortal or dreaming since my memory was shut off so i assumed i was literally all powerful and would just teleport through it like a portal and go about as per say a lucid dream. It was a hard reality check for a few seconds before i got taken under again.

I don't believe in magic, unless you consider magic tricks. To me there is no supernatural and no sentient singular being that guides the universe. I used to believe in there being an outside caretaker like a simulation or a God type figure outside of the universe, I can't see any reason to believe either of those scenarios are possible but the scenario I see all around me points to a different solution.

On the simplest level I looked at every instance of a miracle I could find and when I had been unable to find a single supernatural event in the natural world I began to consider the miracles were we looking for and the ones being written about were not the same things.

For example the bible story of Jesus feeding the crowd of 5000. Bible scholars loose themselves in a blissful fantasy when they say God suddenly made the food appear. Perhaps God did but I see a very natural path and a far greater miracle in that story.

I see a story about a teacher attracting a large crowd of people who have traveled several hours to listen to him speak. He spoke for hours on love, charity, hope, kindness and talked about making your life one of merit. When it has passed into the meal time he pauses he talk so everyone can eat. As his talk all day has been on charity love and sharing he asked the crowd who has brought food to share with those who haven't. One boy who was actually paying attention jumps up to offer his lunch but no one else budgets. Remember these people have lives in bitter war since time began they don't share well.

Unfazed by this Jesus gives a traditional prayer of thanks to God for providing breaks the bread and fish and passes it on. Here the people that like magic add in a variety of things that may have occurred and there was an excess as a result. My personal opinion is that as that food was passed others added from their lunches feeling a burn of shame that cut deep. I see the real miracle that day as 5000 people learned the joy of sharing and their story has been told the world over a billion times.

Donald Trump wearing a mask could spark a miracle of common sense.

I see miracles and I do consider every life brought back a miracle, to me miracles are not magic, they are determined amounts of effort that has confidence in results.

If we look for magic we will always be disappointed, but if we look for change in ourselves we will find miracles. There have been a few happen here on this board, in fact they happen most where people share anything from food to ideas.
but have you tried DMT?

but have you tried DMT?
My conclusion with all drugs is happening in my mind. When you exercise a muscle it grows in strength in the area of exercise. Neural connections are the same, more used or more repeated thoughts become like paths our consciousness can run. Drugs free us to modify these paths for a short time. Some motor function lose may result in a more profound mental dream scape. Everything that happens to me on psychedelics is in my mind, even my connected feeling of oneness with everything in ways I can't really describe in language.

IMHO there are forces we don't understand well at all but we don't really understand electricity, gravity or even light. Not being able to explain how some people seem superhuman in their ability to sway a crowd or lead a successful campaign of positive change may just be we are not measuring with the right tools, yet. Science is catching up in areas where greed for money hasn't made it go cold.

Magic and miracles remove us from responsibility. I think we need to take the human ability to create a miracle seriously and be certain we are all in.

Miracle I witnessed was many years before my son was born. I met s guy who did and could not know anything about me. Infact he was from another country and did not see me or my wife at all before that moment. We got in a conversation that lasted a minute and than out of the blue he started to look into my direction, but not straigt into me, more around me. After 15 seconds he said to me "You will become a father! Congratulations!". Few seconds later, to my amazement, he said "It is a boy!".

My wife was not with me and further more - only me and my wife knew it was a boy, since we found out that very morning. I never saw that guy after. It was pretty amazing and mind expanding experience.

I never thougt I would run into somebody who can do it, but I believe that people can do much more than we normally do, so I was surprised but not shocked.

My conclusion with all drugs is happening in my mind. When you exercise a muscle it grows in strength in the area of exercise. Neural connections are the same, more used or more repeated thoughts become like paths our consciousness can run. Drugs free us to modify these paths for a short time. Some motor function lose may result in a more profound mental dream scape. Everything that happens to me on psychedelics is in my mind, even my connected feeling of oneness with everything in ways I can't really describe in language.

IMHO there are forces we don't understand well at all but we don't really understand electricity, gravity or even light. Not being able to explain how some people seem superhuman in their ability to sway a crowd or lead a successful campaign of positive change may just be we are not measuring with the right tools, yet. Science is catching up in areas where greed for money hasn't made it go cold.

Magic and miracles remove us from responsibility. I think we need to take the human ability to create a miracle seriously and be certain we are all in.
I agree with the first bit. Substances are tools to exercise the mind

I'm just really curious!! does that mean No, you havent brokenthrough on DMT?

In your first post I sensed you wished to hold your secrecy knowledge and create a position of superiority in this. So I avoided your question and I will a second time it isn't relevant and you haven't shown relevance. I would guarantee your drug consumption and mine not only are different but each of us have different existing metabolism. What you experience on milk and cereal (all drugs are really foods) I may experience on cereal alone. So instead of being personal toward me add insight into the conversation.

Tell us what dmt specifically does for you that makes my post something you disregard. Or something like that but don't ask me what colour my shirt is or which sock I put on first. Make your words matter, right now you look like a poo tosser.

This thread is about miracles so if your questions to me are some how related to the thread maybe explain yourself better as asking me about my life isn't the topic of the thread, you could send me a questionnaire on a DM and not have to distract people from the topic.

So as a final suggestion judge my words without full knowledge of my person and see if you can help the thread stay on miracles. Which may be a miracle now in itself. Once someone goes personal on these things it always derails.

So what exactly about my post regarding my disbelief in the supernatural left you in disagreement?

I believe what we wish to believe in (external intervention from a super intelligence) doesn't exist. I believe miracles do exist but we create them. When humanity watched a man brought back from dead 2000 years ago it was a big deal. We got better at it and today it happens all day long. If you are of the Christian faith or subscribe to the bible Jesus is quoted as saying "Greater things then this will you do..." in regards to his miracles. I would say that has come true.

Last edited:
Yes many, some were spontaneous and some through my own efforts. My forays into traditional magic have yielded some cool results that could not be explained, but I wouldn't call them supernatural. Everything is part of nature, western science just defines nature very narrowly. Ancient Rome used to have a sort of synergy of science and magic in their philosophical outlook. Then Christianity received Constantine's endorsement and the Christians gradually took over. Once Rome fell and the Byzantine Empire flourished, science eventually declined and Christian doctrine became the norm.

Then in the middle ages, the resurgence of science took place in direct opposition to the Church. And now we have a science that won't consider spiritual realities. Western philosophy remains polarized in this way, unfortunately.

In East Asia, Daoist science took a different approach and so we have texts and practices which are a synergy of materialism and spiritism. Same with the Vedic texts in India. They weren't adulterated by a debate between science and spirituality but there was never an imbalance between the two like there was in the west.

Really, Christianity fucked everything up in the west. This small underground cult grew into a prolific machine that tried to control everyone's world view as much as possible. Later, science rebelled and now we have a science that doesn't give two shits about religion.

There are many pre-modern texts that are so fascinating to read because the synergy is preserved and they are very informative... which, when implemented, can lead to so-called miracles, which are really just another facet of natural phenomena.

Interesting. I'm a casual observer of magic and I think healing is a real phenomenon. I say casual because it's too complex for me to figure out on my own. I habitually practise astral travel and have an ability to see things without prior knowledge, but I'm hesitant to share those things with others

I accept the idea that people exist who have abilities that help others. I just don't believe in anything in particular. This isn't a matter of believing in science but one of putting together the pieces so that it makes sense to me. What exactly is going on when one performs magic rituals? For example

A Christian once was adamant to call a telepathic experience a miracle.

I disagreed and categorize it in more with a sixth sense.

I did it twice. No guff. I have nothing to show but a living victim.

Regards
DL

A Christian once was adamant to call a telepathic experience a miracle.

I disagreed and categorize it in more with a sixth sense.

I did it twice. No guff. I have nothing to show but a living victim.

Regards
DL

If I asked what exactly is the definition of a miracle there isn't a set answer.

Each person responding in this thread really has a differing opinion of what is required to hit the miracle target.

Personally DL we probably are in near agreement, I don't see any of the Human abilities under the ESP label as being miraculous, just under developed in 99% of the population.

To me miracles are what occurs in your mind when you realize you were wrong about something and suddenly you can see things in a new light. Miracles are personal and nearly impossible to communicate to others with the same sense of power and mystery. Miracles happen because we are open to change and haven't closed our minds down having found all the answers.

When you approach your day with a plan to make room for miracles, you're really just freeing yourself to experiences you may have been overlooking.

I think it's a miracle that women were created. I mean, not grateful in that sense but it's amazing to me

I don't believe in outside miracles, like what we don't see. I think that's just spiritual beings communicating with us

Miracles happen because we are open to change and haven't closed our minds down having found all the answers.

Liked it all and to this.

Exactly why Gnostics are esoteric ecumenists who keep raising the bar of excellence.

Regards
DL