• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Have you witnessed a miracle..?

My perception might be a bit extreme but I think we have other dimensions around us, just not everybody knows about them. If we didn't then whenever one went to sleep they'd die and when waking up they'd come back to life

I can't say I know anything about telepathy though

Hmmm, more faith needed perhaps?

Faith applies to things not know as a certainty.

I have knowledge and certainty and thus I have a belief that my shared experience was real.

I have a witness. that confirms the reality of telepathy.

Faith without facts is for fools.

Regards
DL

Well how would faith form if not for a brave idea of what could be?

Faith used to mean hope. Now it means belief to the foolish. It has become idolatry.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Faith may have a good side, but not when wishing for a genocidal garbage god and thinking such a foul beast to be good.

Regards
DL

So what is wrong with idol worship?

Seems like it might be fun..?

Idols do not evolve. We do, and to anchor our minds to another's interpretations is to abdicate our own thinking processes.

Now if you idol worship a worthy god, we would not chat much, but if like Christians, you idol worshiped a genocidal prick, I would try to help you find a better god. There are many out there better than that worthless piece of garbage, Yahweh.

I hope you have what it takes to do the same.

For evil to grow and all that.

Regards
DL

Hmmm, so if I write freely..

Evil is always something to avoid, yes?

Well the beauty of evil(to be devils advocate) is in the erotic nature of darkness..

In darkness we can find everything and nothing..

The people you hurt, hurt you.. or should I say that hurting another is like hurting yourself..

So if one wants to stay safe then good is likely the consequence..

So therefore we wonder why evil exists if it is not only morally wrong but stupid as well.. And I say stupid because doing good would benefit them more..?

So if I call idol worship good.. then it actually has to be good for me to be right..

Why am I incorrect about idol worship..?

Maybe its the degree of incredulity about said idol..?

So we concur saying some idol worship and some is bad.. good ideas are like idols..

Bad ideas or falsehood are bad idols?

The nature of good and evil..?

I agreed with everything up to the part about idolatry. I worship idols and think it's normal, but if I insisted others did so and condemned them for their ill mannered ways it'd defeat the purpose of life for me

I think the problem with Christian thought is that even though its roots show, it keeps branching out. You eventually get these terms that have nothing to do with religion but a lot of it has to do with self-realization. It's like let's criticize and analyze ourselves but forget our families in the process; let's work on ourselves first then worry about them later. I can't stand that

The Christos within is a powerfull concept compounded by the very exact notion of the christos publicised in time! Or otherwise the space it occupies projected from my body..

Hmmm, so if I write freely..

Evil is always something to avoid, yes?

Well the beauty of evil(to be devils advocate) is in the erotic nature of darkness..

In darkness we can find everything and nothing..

The people you hurt, hurt you.. or should I say that hurting another is like hurting yourself..

So if one wants to stay safe then good is likely the consequence..

So therefore we wonder why evil exists if it is not only morally wrong but stupid as well.. And I say stupid because doing good would benefit them more..?

So if I call idol worship good.. then it actually has to be good for me to be right..

Why am I incorrect about idol worship..?

Maybe its the degree of incredulity about said idol..?

So we concur saying some idol worship and some is bad.. good ideas are like idols..

Bad ideas or falsehood are bad idols?

The nature of good and evil..?

If you want certainty and objective moral tenets to follow, good luck, as most, if not all morals are subjective.

The problem with idolatry, is you have to ignore any better ideology as it would make you change idols.

As a Gnostic Christian ands perpetual seeker of better laws and rules to live by, we hold some tenets to be consecrated, so to speak, but we want and are eager to replace it with whatever we might find that is better.

That is what free thinking and being an esoteric ecumenist is all about.

Regards
DL

The Christos within is a powerfull concept compounded by the very exact notion of the christos publicised in time! Or otherwise the space it occupies projected from my body..

How do you define Christos.

The way I read the terms of Jesus and the Christ, Jesus minded is thinking of the self and what we would like for ourselves and the Christ mind is when we take our personal policies and apply then to a greater population.

To become Christ, Jesus would have had to be anointed by his people to elevate him to religious leader. Some have it that anointing is to Kingship. That is why Jesus was put on the cross. Rome would not abide with a Jewish King.

Regards
DL

A christ poster!

Is that an idol.. or something to show you what christ is? Or maybe it could be used as worship?

What about cross and crucifix?

A christ poster!

Is that an idol.. or something to show you what christ is? Or maybe it could be used as worship?

What about cross and crucifix?

Emblems that show the Jesus failed in his test of the old messianic prophesy.

Why would anyone want to make an emblem of failure.

Regards
DL

Emblems that show the Jesus failed in his test of the old messianic prophesy.
Wow... never *saw it from that perspective before. Interesting.
Token of failure... is this what is supposed to encourage one to do better that someone maybe try harder to succeed? Questions... rabbits, again?
*bugs
Always,