• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Have you noticed Erowid is awesome?

SteamboatBillJr

Bluelighter
In America accidental deaths from drug use keep rising compared with other countries. Despite the stigma surrounding illegal drugs most of the deaths result from legal prescription drug use.

Mi8GSJh.jpg

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-ago-–-now-hardly-anyone-dies-from-overdosing

I have used drugs, abused drugs, and I have survived. My experiences with psychedelics were how I got through the toughest parts of addiction. Consuming illegal psychedelics actually improved my life a lot.

How was my experience different than others? I accessed honest, effective, and accurate knowledge on drug use. With knowledge from Erowid and the support of Bluelight I implemented proper harm reduction practices.

Our government's failed "Just Say No" War on Drugs polices portraying harm reduction as disgusting and dangerous weren't effective. Who actually cared about my safety while I was using drugs Erowid did and some of y'all did too.

I looked on Erowid the other day and noticed they had updated the main page. Wow Erowid, people were suffering and you responded quickly and professionally. On the home page they added prescription opiate resources. This includes links explaining Naloxone. I thought I should comment on this. This saves lives.

3ip0sW6.jpg

https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml

Erowid you deserve the money I have donated.

Has Erowid benefited any of ya'll? Has harm reduction benefited any of y'all too?

^Absolutely! I do miss my shulgin books (PIHKAL and TIHKAL), but they served me well and not so well but certainly served their purpose. Erowid is award winning imho. Good appreciation thread man.

Erowid was where it all started for me, though oddly enough I don't actually go there much any more. I think it's a great resource, both for people who use drugs to better understand some of the pros *and* cons, but also for people who just like researching them and gaining knowledge about them.
(There are, of course, some falsified reports which can detriment/endanger people if they aren't shrewd, but that's pretty much unavoidable and thankfully makes up a minority of the reports on there.)

Oakstone, Erowid is where it all started for me as well, and they have a huge wealth of insight on their website, but one can only read the experiences over and over so many times before theyre not useful anymore hahaha, But, of course, this website is still amazing for novices of any substance. Nonetheless, Erowid has always had a problem of not putting up recent experiences very often, but over the past few months they have been kicking ass at it. They have put up so many new experiences recently and they are all focused on RC's basically since they are the least well-known. So if you havent checked them out in a while, id say that its worth taking another look

Oakstone, Erowid is where it all started for me as well, and they have a huge wealth of insight on their website, but one can only read the experiences over and over so many times before theyre not useful anymore hahaha, But, of course, this website is still amazing for novices of any substance. Nonetheless, Erowid has always had a problem of not putting up recent experiences very often, but over the past few months they have been kicking ass at it. They have put up so many new experiences recently and they are all focused on RC's basically since they are the least well-known. So if you havent checked them out in a while, id say that its worth taking another look

Ooh, yeah, some RC experiences would be good to read. I'm a bit scared to try any of those, but I'd like to see how other people have liked them.

I wonder what people like to do in Estonia that causes so many drug-related deaths?

They have no opiates other than 3-MF available. (3-methyl-fentanyl), yes a fentanyl analogue. Apparently a few years back the criminal gangs or whatever the Russian mob is over there stopped heroin from entering country and replaced it with 3MF ...

So it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn of a high OD rate

I imagine a lot more people would have died without Erowid.

It deserves so much more recognition than it ever gets.

ive found erowid so helpful with recommended dosage table, timing showing the peaks over time, methods etc. the stories are more amusing then anything. defs about to go check out the new experiences. majority seem to be from early 2000s.

Oh yeah, Erowid is fucking awesome.

Great resource and a must for just about any substance.

Good info on having a better time, what to do, what not to do, and what is good.

The trip reports are great and so is the drug test info which has never failed me and trust me I have peed in some cups. It is my guide to passing drug screens which is good cuz we don't do that here for some strange reason, but I could care less about politics on here as its not my business or issue.

So yeah Erorwid is the shit and I been using that for half my life.

You know you're in the middle of an opioid epidemic when Erowid has to change their front page. Good on them for putting those links right up front.

Erowid has always been awesome, even way back when their website design was state of the art. Man do I miss those days..:)

It is at the point where there is just not enough to go around.

I see people getting sick all over the area all of a sudden and prices going up even though they have basically doubled in the last five years for painkillers.

Heroin seems to be about the same but has a bit of fent in it. Just not what it used to be now that everyone is doing it.

The USA has so many people on opiates it is ridiculous.

I love Erowid! It's how I found Bluelight.org actualy. And I found Erowid through so old site called "Scream of the blue electron" Or something like that. I just wish Erowid used Bitcoin.

Definitely! If it weren't for Bluelight and Erowid I (and many others) might have accidentally died from dangerous drug combos and improper IV administration of drugs.

I've shown Bluelight and Erowid to several people I know and they also agreed there is a plethora of valuable information on here which the government absolutely would not tell anyone. They could care less if drug users live or die.

I'm so very grateful for all the work and information you guys have contributed over the years. A generally thankless job but important nonetheless, and this goes to show that there are good people out there who genuinely care about the well being of others. Faith in humanity = somewhat restored. Kudos!

I like erowid but the first drug information site I went to on the internet was hyperreal which then merged with the Lycaeum at first, and then later erowid.

If you are going to use it is best to be well informed.

Also so many people do not realize that some drugs are a bad mix and well information is so very important to just about everything.

I love their motto as it is quite true "Know you body, Know your mind, Know your substance, Know your source."

I am rather neutral as to whether or not people use drugs but I can't say they are most likely good for you. It is a personal decision with real consequences.

It is best to minimize risk and maximize reward while remaining safe within your limits and means. To people that say harm reduction just perpetuates drug use, well that is fucking ignorant.