• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Have YOU experienced precipitated WD's when IVing Suboxone w/ no other opiates in U?

Have YOU experienced precipitated WD's when IVing suboxone w/ no other opiates in U?

• Yes, IV suboxone put me into precipitate withdrawals

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • No, I did not experience precipitated withdrawals from IV suboxone

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Yes, but am not sure if I waited long enough after other opiates

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
I have a question. I have liquid bupe. 0.3mg per ml. I take 80mg of methadone daily. Will bupe without nalaxone still get me sick if I were to IM it?

I have a question. I have liquid bupe. 0.3mg per ml. I take 80mg of methadone daily. Will bupe without nalaxone still get me sick if I were to IM it?

You will suffer incredibly from the precipitated withdrawals. I assume they are the 0.3mg Buprenex ampoules made for IV/IM ? Taken this way you could risk dying even. While if you orally inhest the 0.3mg per ml (and how many mls do you even have?), nothing much will happen.

You have been warned.

Last edited:
It is in an eye drop bottle. My cat had surgery and was sent home with 5ml

Yeah, so it's the same thing as Buprenex 0.3mg per shot, it is used both in animals and humans, in countries where Buprenex is marketed at all. We never even got Subutex here, HC was told by Ricken to wait for their "unabusable" Suboxone. Suboxone was very rarely used when I got on it just 2 years ago now.

Anyway, it's not the naloxone in Suboxone that makes one sick if they are on methadone, it's the bupe itself, it tosses out the methadone from your receptors and glues to them like no other opioid on earth, hence the insane withdrawal. I was told when I was switched to bupe that if I hurt myself enough warranting full blown opiates, to mention it, so I would get a Fentanyl lollipop or self injection of fentanyl at home, it's that strong when it comes to sticking to your opi receptors. I jumped from methadone to suboxone after my dose was going down 2 or 3 mg a month, when I reached 44mg, I was given only one week at 44mg, then a week at 39mg then 48 hours without anything and then they gave me 4mg and lied down on a hospital bed for 4 hours, had no precipitated withdrawals, so all was fine. They say 30mg is where the jump should be made, but methadone was pushed out of my body faster than most because I had managed to get a script for 600mg Tagamet pills, which boosted my valium a little and my methadone A LOT, so I'm already a fast metabolizer so they guessed right. Still please, don't do this, find somebody at your clinic who's on bupe who can trade you something good in exchange is my advice.

Last edited:
I created an account just so I could post my very well and very long experience with IV suboxen. I've been prescribed everything from suboxen, zubsol, and subutex. I IV'd suboxen when I was younger along with research but never to often because. Recently in the past year for a long period of time up until this point and continuing I IV suboxen every morning instead of taking it sublingually like I have in the past. I have been prescribed it for coming up on a little over two years and I would take it on and off. I got back into the IV use because I switched on and off injecting H at a set timed out period I figured out because of tolerance and what my body's used to but recently I have quit H and still love the needle. So what I had researched when I was a teen, IV use of suboxen, was this one fact that a lot of people had posted and it sounded like they had good experience and it was a safe zone. This statement said do NOT inject more than 4 mg's of suboxen at a time. Ever since then I stuck to that rule and only ever had immediate withdrawals if H was still in me but even then they last 2 minutes tops and then I receive a chilled out high from the suboxen IV. Recently I have been craving this extra high after I already injecting once during the day because of stress and other issues in my personal life. I inject 2-3.5 mg's of suboxen in the morning and continue with my day, but recently when I decided to inject in the afternoon or late at night because I wanted more my body goes into an OD-ish withdrawal-ish type of state and it's exactly how you think it will feel, shitty, cold, lightheaded, sick to my stomach, etc... But just to let you guys know that this could be why you could have those withdrawal symptoms because maybe you IV'd to much, maybe you IV'd twice like I did and after you receive the first injecting and take another the same thing is happening to you. Im glad I could share my experience and I very much hope I can help or at the least educate some people with my story.

Thank you for reading. My name is Tony Swims, and I am and addict.

We were recently discussing this topic in this thread, and had wanted to get a poll going in there, but I figure it is deserving of its own thread.

So for those of you that have IV'd Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone) with no other opiates in your system, did you experience precipitated withdrawals, or no? We all know that taking suboxone will put you into precipitated wd if you have other opiates already occupying your receptors, no matter the ROA. The naloxone is said to be a deterrent for those that wish to IV the suboxone, but let's see what you all have to say.

A poll would be would be fantastic. And remember, the question isn't about going into precipitated withdrawal if you took the suboxone too soon after other opiates, this is strictly about IVing the suboxone after waiting the appropriate amount of time, or IVing it after administering it using nasal, sublingual, plugging, or any other ROAs.

Along with your answer, please include the dose, and any other relevant information.
The only time I've had pwd after iving subs was when I had been on a methadone binge for a month. It had been about 36 hours since I used methadone. Now I know to wait at least 48-72 hours.

That is an excellent point about how too much Sub (or Bupe) will feel just as hellish as PW's. I tried going from 40 mg of methadone to sub ling Bupe and experienced immediate intense PW's which lasted 72 hours and I can honestly tell you that I do not know how I endured. I then tried transferring again to 8mg Bupe when i was down to 10 mg of methadone (22 on COWS) and this time also had a very bad experience or reaction which I now know wasn't PW's but the effects of WAY too much Bupe for me initially. I must be sensitive to it. Too much will make you VERY dysphoric (I felt suicidal) and you experience akathisia (internal restlessness that is highly disturbing). Perhaps this is worse for those who have been on MMT a long time like I was. But it scared me from ever ever trying Bupe again.

So you really have to determine what you are experiencing--too much Bupe or PW's?

I didn't read the entire thread, but is there anybody else who does NOT get precipitated withdrawals from suboxone, period? I have dosed hours after an oxy habit on multiple occasions, and have never experienced any adverse effects.

wow ur lucky. Ive had two bouts of PW's that each lasted 72 hours and I dont know how I survived. Its indescribable.

Precipitated withdrawal is a different phenomenon to a simple reaction to naloxone

It is due to the Bupe knocking off the other opiates you have in your system off the receptors. It has a high affinity (sets up residence) for MO receptor but has weak activity. So it clears our beloved agonists right out of there.:(

Unless you have another opiate such as heroin, morphine, hydrocodone, etc and IV bupe instantly after or after methadone then I promise you'll be fine. For heroin, morphine, etc. usually wait 18-24 hours but I've used as soon as 12 hours after heroin and have been fine. Be careful though, you may be different. Methadone is a whole other ball game. I was sober for a week used methadone at 120mg split between 1.5 days and then used bupe at 2mg to start 42 hours later and was fine. Long term methadone users should taper to 30mgs then wait 72 hours, starting with 2mg intervals of bupe. It doesn't matter If its IV Suboxone w/Naloxone or pure buprenorphine as Subutex, shooting as long as you're safe is really great. The whole precipitated w/d from Naloxone is bs. Buprenorphine has such a higher affinity to opiate receptors in the brain that it is irrelevant and is put in there to scare people and to make doctors feel safe. I shot 16mg Bupe/4mg Naloxone 12 hours after dope and was a totally fine. Vein wise, subutex is way better for them in my opinion. I personally dont use wheel filters (my exchange doesn't offer them) but I triple filter with 3 spoons and cottons and its a beautiful clean orange!

Last edited:
I have IV'D suboxone literally 1 million times... and never ever have i gotten sick.

along with subutex also.

you will not get sick. Trust me